It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise! Multiple Investigations of Planned Parenthood Show No Wrong Doing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not a surprise. I don't really want to post this, but don't think anyone has and someone has to.

Well there’s a surprise. Despite an orchestrated smear campaign and by fundamentalist organizations and virtually every Republican running for President, The Department of Health and Human Services have found no violations of fetal tissue laws when it comes to tissue obtained from nonprofits. In a letter obtained by Politico, assistant secretary for legislation at HHS, Jim Esquea, wrote to Senators Joni Ernst and Roy Blunt, Esqua saying:
“Currently, we know of no violation of these laws in connection with the research done at our agencies…. Furthermore … we have confirmed that HHS researchers working with fetal tissue obtained the tissue from non-profit organizations that provided assurances to us that they are in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.” [Source]

States Try To Dig Up Planned Parenthood Violations, Fail Miserably

HHS And State Investigations Find No Violations Of Fetal Tissue Laws After Witch Hunt Sparked By Deceptively-Edited Videos

And I'm sure that further investigations won't uncover anything either. And by the way, donation to PP are up too.

Please try really hard not to make this a thread like all the others. This is about the violations not found, the investigations still continuing, and the hoax the CMP pulled. It's not another ad nauseam debate about how you feel about abortion or how the sources suck and the HHS is in the president's pocket. Save it.

edit on 8/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"Just you wait, they're going to find summtin, even if they have to make it up."

Shades of Benghazi.

This same scenario played out in 1999-2000 in an attack on Planned Parenthood then.

Some of the same people were involved in making fraudulent videos.

Some of the SAME CONGRESSIONALS were involved with that crap-show too. Short memories I guess.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It's cause of... Obama!

Seriously, are we surprised? No. In fact, I knew this would happen. They've been investigated so many times, it's crazy. Witch hunt FAIL!

This is good news, Luc. I'll wait for all the people who KNEW PP was "selling baby parts" to come in here and say they were mistaken... But I won't wait long. LOL!

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From the Politico story:

"HHS has gotten re-affirmations from government researchers and government-funded researchers that their tissue procurement is done in accordance with the tissue laws. And it got assurances from the companies that provide that fetal tissue to researchers at NIH and FDA that they are obtaining the fetal tissue and organs in compliance with federal laws, the letter says."

Really?

Feds: "We received complaints that you violated a regulation/law."

Corp: "Of course we didnt!".

Feds: "Oh ok no problem, sorry for the inconvenience"

lol what a joke
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

I appreciate you wanting to discuss the videos being hoaxed - it is, however, in the end, an emotional issue. I can also appreciate you not wanting to be the OP of this, but glad you did, seeing it needed to be said.

If the videos are hoaxed, and PP is defunded because of FALSE and MALICIOUS information, then a great wrong to the women (and men) of this country who rely on the health services of PP will be perpetrated on the strength of emotions alone. "Hang 'em high and screw justice!" might as well be the rallying cry. Is that what we REALLY want?

Isn't our system based on "innocent until proven guilty" and if the slanderers are the ones that are guilty of wrongdoing, shouldn't that stop the "defund PP" rhetoric? Well, it should, but again, this is more an emotional issue than a fact-based one. I HOPE that those who made the libel/slander are the ones to be punished, not the innocent people providing and needing healthcare.

peace,
AB
edit on 19-8-2015 by AboveBoard because: redundancy

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Would now be a good time to look at these laws and change them?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Ya i don't like the progress that we have made with what they are doing either, let's make sure they stop!
/sarc

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I read the full transcripts of the Planned Parenthood videos and consulted with a friend of mine who is a lawyer and learned that they had not, in fact, talked about violating any laws in those videos.

Planned Parenthood Tapes: Full Transcripts

It is legal to donate fetal tissue for things like scientific research, and the cost is to cover the cost involved with the donation, not make a profit.
edit on 19pmWed, 19 Aug 2015 12:18:05 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

It isn't saying that is all they did. That was just part of it.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

or......is it a good time for these people to quit harassing and belittling the women that have had to make this difficult choice in the first place.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The current laws are helping the advancement of scientific research into diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinsons. Many Republicans voted for them back in the early 90's.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Darkbake,

I respect that on so many levels. Good work! Thank you.

- AB

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks, before I approached my friend I was convinced Planned Parenthood was doing something wrong from watching the videos.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

The current laws are helping the advancement of scientific research into diseases like Alzheimers and Parkinsons. Many Republicans voted for them back in the early 90's.

Your jumping to conclusions.
I'm not against abortions or research. I am against killing an 8 month old fetus.
Everybody is refusing to even talk about a compromise.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Your jumping to conclusions.
I'm not against abortions or research. I am against killing an 8 month old fetus.
Everybody is refusing to even talk about a compromise.

Are you talking about US law?

Why do you think a woman would want an abortion at 8 months along? Why, do you think, a doctor would agree to perform such a late term and risky abortion?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Abortions like Weinstein's are quite rare. Only 1.4 percent of all procedures occur at 21 weeks or beyond, according to the Centers for Disease Control. Most of those procedures happen because a life-threatening medical problem or a fetal abnormality only became apparent at a later date.

www.motherjones.com...
edit on 19-8-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Please keep this on the topic of the thread to not derail the discussion. Thanks

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for posting, this is very good news. The fact that they had to fabricate such an elaborate deception to get any attention in the first place should speak for itself, but it's awesome that the investigators' results are able to cement that and formally expose these charlatans for what they are. Hopefully, this will show people that it's a good idea to think for themselves and not just blindly believe whatever they see or hear.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"I did not see this coming," said people who lie to themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join