It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovakia refuses to accept Muslim migrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Slovakia has said it will not accept any Muslims under an EU scheme to share migrants more evenly between member states.
“We want to help Europe with the migration issue. We could take 800 Muslims but we don't have any mosques in Slovakia so how can Muslims be integrated if they are not going to like it here?” Ivan Metik, an interior ministry spokesman, said.

Slovakia is to host 200 migrants under an EU plan to redistribute 40,000 away from Italy and Greece, which are overwhelmed with the numbers arriving across the Mediterranean.
The Slovakian government said it plans to ask the migrants their religion on arrival.
Telegraph.co.uk

Well, this is an interesting turn of events, Slovakia is risking the wrath of the EU for refusing to accept Muslim migrants in the current mass migration to Europe.
They state that it is because there are mo mosques so integration will be difficult, but I wonder if that is the real reason. Lets face it, there are very few Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and atheists bombing and killing in the name of their religion in Europe.

I'm just putting the info out there, but my opinion is I support Slovakia to agree (or refuse) any people from any nation they wish, for whatever reasons. The sovereignty of a country is more important to me than protecting groups of any religion.
That said, I can't see Slovakia getting away with it as they depend so heavily on EU membership. They will be hit with penalties if they go through with it so I shall keep an interested eye on this story.

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

How dare the Slovaks use common sense to keep out a cancer that is gaining momentum across Europe and the Middle East. How dare they want to keep there country from developing a minority that WILL as it does everywhere it gets beyond 33% agitating through terror for self rule.How dare they see teir neighbours like Serbia torn apart through having a muslim minority. How dare they want to protect their Judeo Christian heritage. They will regret this, Brussels will force them to become Islamic whether the people want it or not. How dare those Slovaks want to preserve their country the way it is today.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

They will regret this, Brussels will force them
That's exactly how I see it. Slovakia gets a massive amount of EU funds to support it so they may wish to control who comes to their country but ultimately money will talk.
The UK on the other hand is a net contributor to the EU so we have a stronger hand.
We didn't sign up to the Schengen Agreement either so the EU can do nothing about us and Ireland refusing to take part in the migrant exchange arrangement.

That, and a border which the UK is still able to lawfully defend.
I'm still voting 'out' in the referendum next year. There is no real sovereignty for nations in the EU. I want that back for my country.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I wish Britain had the same sort of backbone.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The EU can dangle all the funny money they want but it appears Slovakian leaders believe no amount of money could make this trade worthwhile. They see all the other nations of Europe growing new slums where unemployed immigrants are packed away and radicalize on the host nation's soil. They see the rising crime rates and riots and place the safety and happiness of their own citizens first.

Gee, and I thought only Iceland had the balls to stand up to the big bad bankers.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

How dare the Slovaks use common sense to keep out a cancer that is gaining momentum across Europe and the Middle East. How dare they want to keep there country from developing a minority that WILL as it does everywhere it gets beyond 33% agitating through terror for self rule.How dare they see teir neighbours like Serbia torn apart through having a muslim minority. How dare they want to protect their Judeo Christian heritage. They will regret this, Brussels will force them to become Islamic whether the people want it or not. How dare those Slovaks want to preserve their country the way it is today.

Amen!

I think that Slovakia is courageous and sensible. Why bring a death culture willingly into your country. These are not Americanized or even slightly Europeanized Muslims, they are the dangerous Middle Eastern variety, complete with
indoctrination of a culture of violence, misogyny, and hate.

The US is downright stupid and the EU for letting the radicalized Muslims into the countries.

Get mad at me if you wish, but it is like letting a rattlesnake live in your house.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The Slovaks still also have populations who remember the lessons of the Soviets too.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yes it's as sure as night follows day............... Brussels will 'encourage' the Slovaks into the Euro way and take in millions of muslims. Jeez we are screwed if with stay in Europe. Like you say at least we've got our borders. My Serbian friend Jovo reckons we are nuts letting them in like we do. Nothing wrong with the individual, indeed some muslims I know are the most lovely people one meets. But it is a proven fact that enlarging your Islamic population long term is a very very very bad idea if you are a Christian. Just ask any Christian from Iraq, Lebanon, or Syria how good it's been since Islam grew in their countries and eventually took over. Ask them how it feels to be a Christian or Jew in those countries today. Lebanon was 90% Christian when my grandfather was born...................... Yes 90%! Ask any Christian how they feel 90 years down the line as a minority in their own state

Well done Slovakia............... But you will regret it when the Eurocrats get ya

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The EU can dangle all the funny money they want but it appears Slovakian leaders believe no amount of money could make this trade worthwhile.
They might believe it, but in practicality I really can't see the EU letting them.

As I said, I absolutely support sovereignty of nations but Slovakia is a fully paid up member of the EU, they have a massive amount of EU funding, and don't have their own currency as they are part of the Eurozone.
They kissed their sovereignty goodbye when they signed up to it all.

It will certainly be interesting to see how it pans out though.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Give the Slovaks another decade and their cities Islamified, bombs going off everywhere, no go areas for Christians, Jews to scared to wear their kippas and they'll be begging for the Soviets and the iron curtain back. Maybe it's all a post Soviet Russian plot, take us over with muslims as the Trojan Horse

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think it's a prejudiced act. I mean, if it were the opposite and a ME country refused to receive people because they're Christian and they don't have a church there, that'd just be... well... stupid.

If those people are willing to go to a country where there's no history of their religion there, then they'll have to do what so many others do under similar circumstances: adapt.

Terrorism and backwards cultures are a huge problem, yes, and we need to fight those - I say this especially as a transgender man who wouldn't be accepted in MANY places. But refusing to accept immigrants because of their religion is just as backwards, in MY opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

See that's the thing, the Slovaks wish to retain their non-Muslim culture, and who can blame them?
They have only stated Muslims.
Christians, atheists, Sikhs, heck Zoroastrians, all welcome, just not Muslims. I'm waiting for the usual suspects to come into this thread and say "ISIS does not represent Islam" or whatever, but the bottom line is that ALL folk who support ISIS are from Islamic backgrounds and believe in their particular flavour of twisted Islam.

Why would anyone want Muslim populations changing their country? Especially those who simply do not integrate, just form their own little enclaves where they migrate to. Heck, Sunni's, Shia's, and Wahabbi all hate each other as it is.

...and like it or not, the fact is that Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs etc are not bombing and killing people in Europe, it is only those from an Islamic background.
Good luck Slovakia though, but Brussells WILL force you to stop discriminating, it's just a question of when.
edit on 19.8.2015 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Did anyone else catch this in the article? Crazy stuff. The only good thing I can say about the EU is it makes my government look good and that is a massive accomplishment.

The row came as a mayor in Germany threatened to use emergency powers to seize empty private homes in order to house asylum-seekers.
edit on 19-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I do have issues with Islam since it is both:
- A religion of peace
- A religion of war plunder and rape.
Depending on what part of the Quran you choose to follow. And a person can flip to the other side of the coin from being peaceful. They really created a duality mess when they wrote that book.

There will be souls who are nice (the peaceful sheep) and then there will be the corrupted ones that both are following Muhammad:s teachings and example at different parts of his life.

The nice ones deserve help but the problem I have is that they will not reform and remove the religion of war plunder and rape from their book and become apologist for the nasty ones like ISIS/Daesh.

So my answer would instead be to them to write a revised 2nd edition Quran that to follow what is moral in 21 Century and If they refuse go back to the middle east that the current Quran created.
edit on 19-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since day one Islam has wanted to take over the world, thats the reason the ME countries will not help or take the refugees. Slowly it seems Europe is waking up, what happens next is up to the politicians. If they do not listen to the people then i fear the people will take the power in there own hands and that is never a good thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
I think it's a prejudiced act. I mean, if it were the opposite and a ME country refused to receive people because they're Christian and they don't have a church there, that'd just be... well... stupid.
Lol, can you think of any Christians who would wish to migrate to many parts of the ME? Really?
Non-Muslims are pretty much treated like dirt in most ME countries, unless they are protected tourists/skilled foreign workers.

Of course it is prejudiced. Slovakia does not want to change their non-Muslim culture, who can blame them?
Islam is associated with poor rights for women, and suicide bombers. Christians/atheists/sikhs/blah are not.

Now maybe it's just the Wahabbi Muslims who are the psycho killers and haters of kāfirs, but I don't blame the Slovaks for not taking the risk. I'd take my street being suddenly full of Sikhs any day over Muslims. Sikhs don't have the track record of killing people like me in Europe.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonySarc
The row came as a mayor in Germany threatened to use emergency powers to seize empty private homes in order to house asylum-seekers.
I saw that, and it shocked me as well. I am glad the UK is still able to lawfully defend its border and flick the finger at any EU requests.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Issues on my mobile
edit on 19-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

If those people are willing to go to a country where there's no history of their religion there, then they'll have to do what so many others do under similar circumstances: adapt.

Terrorism and backwards cultures are a huge problem, yes, and we need to fight those - I say this especially as a transgender man who wouldn't be accepted in MANY places. But refusing to accept immigrants because of their religion is just as backwards, in MY opinion.

Oh no, middle eastern country's are plenty accepting of western Christians and the like, unfortunately the exodus swings west, and for the unlucky few westerners who are accepted their heads are cut off on H.D T.V. While there family's beg for their lives and their country's abandon them to their fate. Lovely place that sand box is, im sure you'll be heading there soon, no?
edit on 19-8-2015 by TechniXcality because:

edit on 19-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TonySarc
I saw that, and it shocked me as well. I am glad the UK is still able to lawfully defend its border and flick the finger at any EU requests.

You have to wonder how long the Germans are going to put up with the costs of preserving the EU. They have spent billions of their money bailing out Greece and now private citizens are being threatened to have their homes seized to house refugees sent to Germany by Greece.
edit on 19-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join