It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's What Jesse Ventura Thinks About Donald Trump's New Immigration Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

If we ever come to a point where we need to flee the US because it becomes too tyrannical, and thus a wall is detrimental to those efforts, then do we even deserve to live via fleeing? If it gets to that point then it means we failed. And we should then stay and fight for our nation like our forefathers did. I am poor, live in the middle of nowhere, never vacationed out of the country, have no ties to anything or anyone here and have been rejected by a brainwashed society. I don't even know if I have a future past a month from now - probably not - but I will stand and die for the ideals which baptized the dirt that has been beneath my feet all my life and which my papi died for. Given your past, I think you on some level feel the same way.
edit on 8/19/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I know our agriculture industry is almost exclusively dependent on illegal immigrants

But i would be willing to pay good money to watch the average joe-blow work the farmlands.

And if fruit or vegetables go up in price
I'll raise hell.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind when politicians started talking about building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico border was the Berlin Wall. Building a wall does go against everything the United States stands for.

We do have a problem with illegals crossing the boarder, but a better plan is needed rather than building a wall. Illegals will always find a way to cross the border. A wall may make it more difficult, but they will find other ways to get across. A wall along a country's border is what tyrannical and communist countries build. What's next, towers with armed guards?
edit on 19-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
It's as simple as putting all of the nice white owners of Meat packing facilities or landscaping companies in federal ass-pounding prison instead of letting them cut checks when caught hiring illegals.

Sorry, a little humor is all I can be bothered investing into OTG threads

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
Jesse..we are in the midst of an invasion.
there is a reason they are called "illegal", it means not legal.
perhaps someone should step forward and ENFORCE the existing laws instead of side stepping them.

See this is where I completely disagree a 11 million possible illegals is nothing compared to the past, and we survived then. I just don't see this issue nearly as bad as its reported by right wing media, its like a faked high drama propaganda driven emergency that I just don't see as a major problem. A problem yes a country ending problem no.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
The first thing that came to my mind when politicians started talking about building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico border was the Berlin Wall. Building a wall does go against everything the United States stands for.

We do have a problem with illegals crossing the boarder, but a better plan is needed rather than building a wall. Illegals will always find a way to cross the border. A wall may make it more difficult, but they will find other ways to get across. A wall along a country's border is what tyrannical and communist countries build. What's next, towers with armed guards?

I agree with you, they are good at digging tunnels and I guess we will wall up the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico as well? Im more concerned about being walled in.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I posted it on another thread...but here is my take on the issue.

Many years back now, my degree was in economics. Labor supply and demand.

Supply and demand is more powerful than borders...just look at the drug situation. And no "wall" will fix that, hell they have drugs in prison for a reason. Demand rules supply.

Like it or not that is free market capitalism over-powering government regulation...of drugs..of labor...of whatever.

Only curtailing demand will solve illegal immigration.

That's why we saw illegal immigration drop during the economic crisis...all those lawns gone to crap on foreclosed properties.

Maybe our spoiled American Teens will start working as hard as illegal immigrants? ...

Maybe the nth percentile of homeless and poor will take Illegal Immigrants jobs? Nope...cuz you can't live on those wages in America...you can back home in Mexico though. You can live a summer or a year in America on those wages if you are willing to share a house with 5-10 people.

Economics...supply and demand...Laws and political rhetoric is purely for newsbytes and voter pandering

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19715113]LDragonFire
they are good at digging tunnels and I guess we will wall up the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico as well? Im more concerned about being walled in.
wow.

-----

a camel is a horse designed by a committee.

the more people who think they have a "solution", the more convoluted and less of a solution we'll have.

true story.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I like that you added White in there. Other races that own meat packing facilities or landscaping companies get a free pass on this one eh?

Sounds pretty racist to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Maybe our spoiled American Teens will start working as hard as illegal immigrants? ...

Maybe the nth percentile of homeless and poor will take Illegal Immigrants jobs? Nope...cuz you can't live on those wages in America...you can back home in Mexico though. You can live a summer or a year in America on those wages if you are willing to share a house with 5-10 people.

Economics...supply and demand...Laws and political rhetoric is purely for newsbytes and voter pandering

I agree with this. Yesterday, I passed by a hand car wash in a city in Orange County. All I saw were Hispanic people drying, waxing, vacuuming these cars in 100+ weather wearing a stuffy uniform. They wear long sleeved shirts with a vest and some slacks. These people were hustling and working on these cars. The first thought that came into my mind was, who will do that if these people were to leave? Our kids? I highly doubt the kids in today's society would actually consider doing such a thing and even more so, in the peak of hot weather. As much as some of you may hate to admit it, a lot of these immigrants do jobs that most would not do. I think our nation has gotten a little spoiled.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Know how Reagan was prime mover for dissolution of the Soviet Union culminating in the destruction of the Berlin Wall?

He defunded them

Know how we solve the illegal problem in this country?

Cut off the money supply.

Stop subsidizing illegals with the benefits designed for citizens, and fine the holy hell out of anyone who employs an undocumented worker.

Selective law enforcement makes scofflaws of us all. We have every law in place we need to solve this problem. All we need is the will to enforce.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Know how Reagan was prime mover for dissolution of the

Selective law enforcement makes scofflaws of us all. We have every law in place we need to solve this problem. All we need is the will to enforce.

Ya...Georgia tried that a few years back and they had an economic crises with crops rotting in the fields...they quickly and quietly reversed course on their immigration crackdown.

We can go all "papers please" in this country...we just need to be prepared to eliminate US farms and depend on importing our food supply from Mexico to survive. That doesn't seem a wise choice from either an economic perspective or a security one.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There is such a thing as a work visa where they can be here legally. There is no excuse to be here illegally. And...I highly doubt that an unemployed citizen who has a family to feed would just walk away from a job, any job! If people want to have crops and people to pick them, they need to have fair wages or get out of the damned business instead of screwing people over whether legal or not.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

God help me...Really?

Here is what a Farmer has to do to get a Agricultural Visa..

(1) A minimum of 75 days before work starts the Farmer must file a 790 form with his/her State Worker Agency and wait for approval...if approved a Job Order is created.

(2) The Farmer then files a 9142 with the US Department of Labor's Office of Foreign Labor Certification.

(3) The Application is sent (with $110 paid by the farmer)

(4) If Labor approves the application, then the Farmer must advertise the opening in the local paper..More $

(5) The farmer must contact workers from Previous years and let them know about the job.

(6) Then a State Agency must inspect the housing where the foreign workers will be staying.

(7) The farmer sends proof to Labor that the positions were advertised and report every American that applied.

(8) The Farmer then sends proof of housing inspection and workers compensation insurance.

(9) Then Labor decides on the application

(10) Then the farmer sends Pay, Hours and Duration of work details to foreign workers

(11) Then the Farmer sends I29 Petition to US Citizens and Immigration services showing all steps have been met and with a fee of $325 ...UCIS may return the application with further questions before approval.

(12) Then IF that worker is approved for the Visa he//she presents their paperwork to US Customs for review.

(13) If they are allowed to enter the US by customs...

Then viola!! Several hundred dollars later, several different bureaucracies and crazy forms and applications and inspections and many, many, months...You have SOMEONE to pick your tomatoes!! Now start over for someone to load the trucks!

Why isn't the system fixed? Cuz of those "dirty immigrants" taking our jobs!

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 19-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Very similar thinking to why the double fences and locks around the 'residential centers' at FEMA facilities...

Fences keeping the bad guys out also keeps the good people inside, imprisoned. And the fact I just wrote that here, means, someone has taken note of it!

A physical fence won't work. A virtual fence would....RFID passports will be next. or worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So that makes it ok to take advantage of illegals and pay them substandard wages? That makes it ok for someone to pick and choose which laws they want to follow?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Takes me back to the days when Jesse and Donald took down the Reform Party during the 2000 election. Now they are doing it with the republican party. Those silly political operatives! They sure do get around.

Jesse and Donald tear down the Reform Party

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Ya...Georgia tried that a few years back and they had an economic crises with crops rotting in the fields...they quickly and quietly reversed course on their immigration crackdown.

And it didn't work because you can't do it selectively. It's a LAW. Enforce it or repeal it.

The Feds punish the states all the time for not adhering to some BS they've come up with, whether they be traffic laws, or something else. The idea that there are 'sanctuary cities' in this country that unilaterally decide to not only ignore the law, but go to extremes to assist violating it is repugnant to anyone who understands the reason we've endured as a republic is because we were founded as a nation of laws, not men.

That concept has been has been eroded significantly over time, and that's not a good thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Building a wall is what Communists and Tyrants do...
Hopefully in your video, you agree!

Are you missing the huge difference on purpose?
Communist and Tyrants build walls to keep people in. east Germany didn't build a wall to keep the west Germans out . They built a wall so that the communist government wouldn't wake up one morning and every one who wasn't in the political class wouldn't be in west Germany drinking a beer and never coming back.

one would think Mexico would want to build a wall at the boarder. Since all the 'best and brightest' Mexicans are taking their skills to the U.S.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

So that makes it ok to take advantage of illegals and pay them substandard wages? That makes it ok for someone to pick and choose which laws they want to follow?

I don't know? Ask Donald Trump, the hero of this OP? He has repeatedly employed Thousands of Illegal Immigrants in the USA for over 30 years now?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join