It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

Which is fine. When and if somebody signs their child up for school who would like to be identified as something else, that's a discussion that can be had for that individual child. As for the rest of the kids, I think boys and girls work just fine, it's not accusatory.... It's just what they are.

Right.

Let's single that individual child out.

We are not talking about discrimination, we are talking about calling boys..... Boys and girls..... Girls......

Actually NO.

But, I don't think you'll ever get past that.

No matter how much you fuss. Boys will never stop being boys and girls will never stop being girls. I imagine that thought kills you a little bit inside no?

Until you realize its not about that, there is no point.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You are pretty vocal about this.
DO you even have children?
I bet you don't but "hope you have a girl," don't you.
Cmon, yknow ya do.
Sexist as....
Sheesh.
edit on 25-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: everyone

If you think that changing the labels we call each other can be attributed to a loss in IQ then you don't know what IQ is.

Wanting to change the labels of boys and girls into "Purple pinguins" like the LGBT advises certaintly shows a decline in IQ.

No it doesn't. That isn't how IQ works. IQ is just your problem solving ability; it is NOT your overall intelligence. In fact, you can argue that LGBT are USING their IQ to solve a problem they are perceiving (even if you don't see it as one).

Anyway. So if a brother and a sister go to one of those LGBT advised schools. They will not be reffered to as brother and sister anymore. They will just be purple pinguins to each other i suppose. This is per the advice. Kids will grow up thinking of themselves as purple pinguins.

Who cares? Why does it matter?

Wil people who refer to themselves as male and female scare these children perhaps? Confuse them is extremely likely by the time they reach puberty.

You underestimate children's intelligence... You are most likely one of the adults I used to hate as a child that like to pretend that children can't be fluidly aware of their surroundings and understand quite a bit of what's going on around them, instead opting to just coddle them all the time.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I'm pretty sure she is a grandmother, but then again you are crafting an ad hominem here by attacking the person instead of the argument.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory

You are pretty vocal about this.
DO you even have children?
I bet you don't but "hope you have a girl," don't you.
Cmon, yknow ya do.
Sexist as....
Sheesh.

Yes, thanks Krazysh0t, I am a grandmother.

Raised my 2 daughters. Helped raise now 23 year old grandson.

Currently raising 7 year old grandson. His dad died.

What about you? Kids?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If you think that changing the labels we call each other can be attributed to a loss in IQ then you don't know what IQ is.

Wanting to change the labels of boys and girls into "Purple pinguins" like the LGBT advises certaintly shows a decline in IQ.

No it doesn't. That isn't how IQ works. IQ is just your problem solving ability; it is NOT your overall intelligence. In fact, you can argue that LGBT are USING their IQ to solve a problem they are perceiving (even if you don't see it as one).

Exactly.

And what does the LGBT's attempt at solving their problem look like ? Calling males and Females "Purple pinguins" instead and teach little children this as they grow up.

i rest my case.

Anyway. So if a brother and a sister go to one of those LGBT advised schools. They will not be reffered to as brother and sister anymore. They will just be purple pinguins to each other i suppose. This is per the advice. Kids will grow up thinking of themselves as purple pinguins.

Who cares? Why does it matter?

Hillary is that you?

Because we are not purple pinguins.
Because we have differences in gender and mentality by nature.

We have inherrent differences, learn to accept this. Perfect equality does not excist and never will unless maybe if you strife to become a single cell organisme.

Wil people who refer to themselves as male and female scare these children perhaps? Confuse them is extremely likely by the time they reach puberty.

You underestimate children's intelligence... You are most likely one of the adults I used to hate as a child that like to pretend that children can't be fluidly aware of their surroundings and understand quite a bit of what's going on around them, instead opting to just coddle them all the time.

You underestimate the effects of such indoctrinations posed upon little children growing up under such pre-conceived fantasies.

If we would allow children to grow up with people like you around thumping these sort of ideas into their heads from the day they are born (wich you will if you support and believe in this as much as you seem to do) then they rarely are able to distance themselves from it. You can let a child believe in santa clause for the rest of its live if you allow it and the rest of the world that opens up to them at a later age will not be able to remove these unatural ideas anymore. exceptions will excist but will be the minority.

So why raise a child with the notion that it he/she is a purple pinguin?

How will your/these children refer to their parents ? "Purple pinguin 1 and purple pinguin 2 ? And this is a intelectual solution to a problem that is perceived you say ?

Will you then simply buy your 3 year old son high heels or hello kitty dresses to wear?
Or will there be no more clothing for boys and girls ?
Will you call your newborn daughter "Arnold" ?

Will we all wear purple And the same clothes then? Since we cannot differentiate between each other anymore. I see it is a huge problem if we then still allow clothing that also differentiates between boys/girls , men/woman.

A child (purple pinguin) into puberty ask its mother (Mother: a designation that is no longer acceptable through use this "solution") correction,mother is from here on called : Purple pinguin nr (1? or 2?) "Why do certain purple pinguins bleed monthly and have mood changes and others do not? Why am i so different from 50% of the other purple pinguins ? And why are we not actually purple ?

what needed to be and what is solved by this again?

[Would something like the designating "parental purple pinguin nr.1" as NR.1 also not pose a equality issue , placing one pinguin over the other simply because of how we need to differentiate between individuals and their nature and their role(s) in their and their childrens (pinguins) lives and therefore place them into a pre-designated social position? (forgive me for not having the imagination of the LGBT to bring up a better example of how this would end up. I suppose they should then also already have a solution ready right now (as i am sure they will have!?) for this and i just have not learned of it as of yet as i clearly lack the IQ for it. but please show me what solution they have layed out for this so that we can all understand and accept it.]

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Exactly.

And what does the LGBT's attempt at solving their problem look like ? Calling males and Females "Purple pinguins" instead and teach little children this as they grow up.

i rest my case.

You didn't present a case... You just repeated yourself again and pretended like you are suddenly more correct now than you were before, which isn't true.

Hillary is that you?

Because we are not purple pinguins.
Because we have differences in gender and mentality by nature.

It's just a label, and one you can't even spell at that.

We have inherrent differences, learn to accept this. Perfect equality does not excist and never will unless maybe if you strife to become a single cell organisme.

I've already accepted it, but it still doesn't mean we HAVE to call people by these labels. They are just words after all. Stop getting so attached to them.

You underestimate the effects of such indoctrinations posed upon little children growing up under such pre-conceived fantasies.

This is a load of rubbish.

If we would allow children to grow up with people like you around thumping these sort of ideas into their heads from the day they are born (wich you will if you support and believe in this as much as you seem to do) then they rarely are able to distance themselves from it. You can let a child believe in santa clause for the rest of its live if you allow it and the rest of the world that opens up to them at a later age will not be able to remove these unatural ideas anymore. exceptions will excist but will be the minority.

So why raise a child with the notion that it he/she is a purple pinguin?

How will your/these children refer to their parents ? "Purple pinguin 1 and purple pinguin 2 ? And this is a intelectual solution to a problem that is perceived you say ?

Will you then simply buy your 3 year old son high heels or hello kitty dresses to wear?
Or will there be no more clothing for boys and girls ?
Will you call your newborn daughter "Arnold" ?

Will we all wear purple And the same clothes then? Since we cannot differentiate between each other anymore. I see it is a huge problem if we then still allow clothing that also differentiates between boys/girls , men/woman.

A child (purple pinguin) into puberty ask its mother (Mother: a designation that is no longer acceptable through use this "solution") correction,mother is from here on called : Purple pinguin nr (1? or 2?) "Why do certain purple pinguins bleed monthly and have mood changes and others do not? Why am i so different from 50% of the other purple pinguins ? And why are we not actually purple ?

what needed to be and what is solved by this again?

[Would something like the designating "parental purple pinguin nr.1" as NR.1 also not pose a equality issue , placing one pinguin over the other simply because of how we need to differentiate between individuals and their nature and their role(s) in their and their childrens (pinguins) lives and therefore place them into a pre-designated social position? (forgive me for not having the imagination of the LGBT to bring up a better example of how this would end up. I suppose they should then also already have a solution ready right now (as i am sure they will have!?) for this and i just have not learned of it as of yet as i clearly lack the IQ for it. but please show me what solution they have layed out for this so that we can all understand and accept it.]

After reading your logically devoid rant, I kind of WANT to call genders purple penguins now (by the way, you need to learn how to spell penguin). Only because it makes you so upset. See, I don't give a damn about gender roles, but you seem to think that society continuing to function HINGES on their existence. And I find that amusing (and rather ignorant). So I'm all for it now. I hope your kid's school is the first to implement this policy, just so you can see it won't be the end of the world (not to mention so that you can see that you would still be allowed to call your kid by whatever gender it is).

Though here's a thought, instead of worrying about what kids are calling each other in school, how about worrying about how to spell things correctly like the name of a black flightless bird that lives in Antarctica? I would think that spelling is something more important for a kid to focus on in school, though that doesn't look like it is the case for you.

I mean here you are whining about some fictional attempt to change gender pronouns in school, and you can't even be bothered to spell the name of the new pronoun correctly all while talking about an institution that's charged with educating other humans. I find that highly ironic.

You had no arguments other then complain about someones spelling. Pretty sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Only responding to what you gave me. Like I said, logically devoid rant. You care WAY to much for some useless labels and seem to expect me to care if they go away. I don't. It's not going to harm children one way or the other no matter what you call them. They'll still grow up to be adults and still act like humans have always acted, your fearmongering not withstanding.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Only responding to what you gave me. Like I said, logically devoid rant. You care WAY to much for some useless labels and seem to expect me to care if they go away. I don't. It's not going to harm children one way or the other no matter what you call them. They'll still grow up to be adults and still act like humans have always acted, your fearmongering not withstanding.

. . . and no one is eliminating the pronouns girl/boy.

Weird, that it's so important to some to object to diversity by making a mountain out of a molehill.

Fear is the only logical conclusion.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Some people close their minds and just refuse to even try to understand what this is about.

But, progression will go on in spite of them.

Yeah some people do. You still can't seem to understand that no matter how many times you, and others try to claim this is new, there is nothing new with the state forcing their opinion on all the people. Just because Hillary Clinton stood in a pedestal and claimed "it takes a village to raise a child" doesn't mean it is a new claim, or that it is ok to have the state take more and more control over children.

What you are calling "progression" is nothing more than the same old attempts by the state to get control over every aspect of people's lives, including how their children should be raised, how they should be defined etc.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there is nothing new about that.

edit on 29-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yada yada yada

Fear of government recognizing everyone as equal.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yada yada yada

Fear of government recognizing everyone as equal.

"Yada yada yada"

Who is not going to love a state defining children? The same state that claims that political views that differ with it's own are "possible extremists and a threat to the nation"?

There used to be a time when the views of the King and the court were seen as absolute, and always right. During that same time there were people who didn't want the "King and the court" decide for themselves how they should be defined, or how they should be. Those people were seen as "barbarians" for holding such views, and the only civilized people were those who followed the mandates of the King and his courts.

We seem to have gone full circle and are once again at a time when the views of the King and the courts are always right and absolute. Everyone who thinks differently is a barbarian living in the past...

But hey some people claim it is ok that it is happening all over again, and that it is "progress and civilized"...

edit on 29-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I like to identify as a human being or Earth citizen but the minute all bathrooms are to be shared I'm in total panic and pray the Lord takes me soon. What about having to share showers in a gym or in military boot camp! Then I know its all over. Is modesty that frowned on by lgbt community?
Now I have been in establishments where the bathroom signs are robots or aliens and I felt safe but as a child in kindergarten I was continually harassed by boys in the shared bathroom. Why I didn't tell the teacher is another story that years and years later still make me mad.
If a man makes himself into a woman with respect for other women, fine use the ladies room but I don't want some straight man in the bathroom! Maybe if he has a young daughter that needs the restroom, that's okay.
Aren't we supposed to celebrate diversity? Well that means I can be happy and safe as a person born female, right? I got a period that turned me into a woman. Can't I celebrate that?
Girls and boys can be called children, but should feel safe and comfortable in their born gender just as much as people who aren't straight or feeling like they're not of gender they were born with.
edit on 30-8-2015 by peppycat because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join