It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They are a powerful lobby group. As we've seen time and time again, today's tips become tomorrow's policies.

So now you are fearmongering with a slippery slope fallacy based on some perceived bias you have against them. FYI, any bans on words like "boy" or "girl" is a 1st amendment violation and it would take an AWFULLY biased Congress to even pass such a bill, THEN all it would take would be a single court case challenging it and it would get overturned rather quickly.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well they can have that troubled mindset all they want, we don't want though police out here.
At least that is what I heard anyway.

I agree it is a bit ridiculous, but saying the terms are being banned is just as bad when that clearly isn't the case.

edit on thTue, 18 Aug 2015 14:26:30 -0500America/Chicago820153080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
In 100 years, at this rate, it will be a legally actionable offense to identify as 'straight' or 'cis-anything'.

No, they'll ship you off to Hillary's Happy Camps where you will enjoy a bunk in the cabins next to the folks who refuse to comply with COEXISTalism.

And if you really stick out there ... the HARMONY HUT!

(post by Krazysh0t removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Can we go with Things One and Things Two? Hmm no...no one wants to be Two. Red Fish and Blue Fish? Hmm no...that won't work either.

I can kind of see what they're saying in some regards. It's the easy division to make for some things, and, well, it's probably actually not appropriate in some situations. And the title is just a tad misleading anyway. It is a little overboard, but tey're not really wanting to ban anything but to just draw focus to the fact that they would like for people to be more aware of the feelings of some kids, albeit maybe not that many.

And I'm going to admit, even all those many years ago, it really did irk me when they divided the class into boys and girls for so many activities. That though is beyond this point they are making and goes more to the general labeling of genders and what they are supposed to or expected to be.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yep, more click bait. Krazy very accurately pointed out that there is no mention, suggestion, inimation of a "ban" ...

More overreaction to "trumped up PC fears" that allows all the nasty beliefs we normally try to hide to come out and play.

"Well, if THEY are going to do that then WE are going to do this. Enough is ENOUGH. Dirty so-and-sos."

Slow news day, huh?

Just for kicks, what comprises the "gay lobby" again? The Human Rights Council (HRC) works for more than just equal rights for gays (like trans* rights and Lesbian rights and bisexual rights for example.) And I'm sure some of you will want to include GLAAD because of what they said about Mr. Robertson and all ... but, who else, what else?

What's the all-powerful gay lobby that threatens the very existence of "straight" America (particularly since so many keep insisting that we only represent 1-2% of the population)?

Name names. Point fingers.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That will be the recommendation legal action, I'm sure. I was actually told that identifying one's self as 'straight' is bigoted the other day. It was obviously just a personal opinion someone was sharing with me (or trying to scream at me, really), but I honestly have absolutely no idea how that could be.

Oh, and hey, Ketsuko! How the heck are ya?
edit on 18-8-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Question to OP or anyone else who cares to answer:

Do you understand what intersex means?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Eh, fine. Enjoying the madness we all call a world. What about you?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well don't worry, once that big bad gays get their master plan and put the gayness in our water that 1-2% will shoot up!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Kind of curious as to what the difference is...

A label is a label is a label.

No more inclusive then any other.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Still sucking air, so no complaints.

And I personally have no clue who the 'All-Powerful Gay Lobby' might be, just to keep my comment relevant. Elton John, maybe? He WAS the head of the Gay Mafia on Will and Grace...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And what happens when little kids identify themselves? Are they going to be punished for it?

If a little boy calls himself a little boy, will that be wrong? What he calls himself a little girl?

Is one wrong but not the other?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

"Put the gayness in our water"...
HA! That's hysterical.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So now you are fearmongering with a slippery slope fallacy based on some perceived bias you have against them. FYI, any bans on words like "boy" or "girl" is a 1st amendment violation and it would take an AWFULLY biased Congress to even pass such a bill, THEN all it would take would be a single court case challenging it and it would get overturned rather quickly.

I would've never in a million years thought that chaplains would be banned from teaching that sodomy is a sin to people in prisons (of all places), but alas... here we are.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well this is your made up situation, guess you should have the answer.

One that I am sure happens everyday.

Who is talking about punishing kids besides you?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well don't worry, once that big bad gays get their master plan and put the gayness in our water that 1-2% will shoot up!

Oh ... the opportunity for puns in response to that statement.

The percentages are higher, but that's the current quantity used in all the wails about "why are we letting 2% of the population 'push us around'."

Which is laughable on its face, but pointless to argue with the true believers.

I would like to know who to call in the "gay lobby" though ... I've got some stuff I need done.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Why yes, yes I do.

That would be a person who possesses reproductive organs of an indeterminate nature. Mixed chromosons that identify neither male nor female.

Do I get a cookie?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

School uniforms.

If a female feel more comfortable wearing pants, let her wear the traditional male uniform.

Who cares?

Isn't the sentient and cognitive being inside the wrappings more important than anything? It's it more important to worry about getting them educated and skilled correctly in preparation for taking on the demands of being a hardworking and capable citizen of merit?

I mean come the frick on, I know you guys are a visually dominated species but are these concepts really that hard to grok? I mean, yeah, the kids who think they're penguins are a few crayons shy of a full box....( a couple of days in a penguin enclosure dressed in nothing but a thin silk penguin onesie and nothing to eat but raw fish might snap 'em out of their delusions)....but something as simple as clothes is getting ya'll all worked up?

Come on man....fashion is and always has been weird.
Let it lie.

You aren't' living it, and it's not that hard learning to adapt.
After all, that's the whole concept of evolution.

That's how we got to this point in our history.

Or do we need to start another Crusade to re-establish the Traditional Patriarchal Dominance? What about another Holocaust?

How about....oh even better....we grow our brains a bit?

Seriously, this is silly and I've never SJW'ed before in my life.
I can see why the kids and the media are spreading these types of stories everywhere.

Cast the rod and watch 'em bite!

This is rather oddly amusing.

edit on 8/18/15 by GENERAL EYES because: Bill....love ya man, but this formatting discrepancy thing...seriously?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I hear they've stopped castrating gay men and lobotomizing both male and female homosexuals too!

What is the world coming to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join