It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And here is the final step. From the black/white divide, the rich/poor disparity to:

No boys, girls, men, women...just obey and we'll all be equal. What do I say? We're not all equal, were never equal and are not meant to be equal.

Some people are straight, gay, TG, rich, poor, lazy, strong, weak, athletic, non-athletic, ugly, fat, skinny, tall, short, disfigured...some of us even smell funny. And thanks for all that we are because what a boring World we are entering into.

1. Avoid Using Gender to Divide and Address Students For generations teachers have separated students according to their gender for activities or to line up for lunch. However, this can leave some students feeling out-of-place, making them distracted or isolated and not able to focus on learning. For example, when lining students up for lunch, rather than saying, “Girls line up first,” try saying, “Anyone wearing a green shirt can line up,” or “If your name has an ‘E’ please line up.”

Similarly, instead of addressing your class using “boys” and “girls,” try something new. Words like “friends,” “students” or “scholars” allow all students to feel included, expand student vocabulary and model inclusive language and behavior for other students and teachers.

www.hrc.org...

One comment from whatreallyhappened.com... : "Let's stop using the word "human" as that discriminates against our furry friends, and it's been a long time since we acted human anyway!
"

Next step? All citizens will wear the same non-gendered clothing of the same color depending in which social class you fall into.

Sums it all up IMO.

"In other news, the new gender friendly bathroom signs in our public schools are...um...Aw hell, I don't know what it is."

Jude

edit on 18-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If this is true the whole thing is just getting silly

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Next step? All citizens will wear the same non-gendered clothing of the same color depending in which social class you fall into.

But then how can they be divided by their green shirts or lack thereof?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

My reply to them would be. . . .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
If this is true the whole thing is just getting silly

Their words, not mine.

I wish I could make this stuff up.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That was the joke made when someone complained about a costume piece that was offensive in an old MMO I used to play. If we removed everything about this that offended someone, we would all be playing featureless, shapeless gray things in indeterminate, shapeless gray clothing or maybe not because clothing might offend the nudists.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

originally posted by: jude11

But then how can they be divided by their green shirts or lack thereof?

Depends on whether you take the red pill or the blue one I guess.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That was the joke made when someone complained about a costume piece that was offensive in an old MMO I used to play. If we removed everything about this that offended someone, we would all be playing featureless, shapeless gray things in indeterminate, shapeless gray clothing or maybe not because clothing might offend the nudists.

If it were only a joke.

Jude

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So we have these labels LBGT'___'LOLETC but "boy" and "girl" isn't acceptable? That's outrageous.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So we have these labels LBGT'___'LOLETC but "boy" and "girl" isn't acceptable? That's outrageous.

Yeah, they can label themselves to stand out and be special but the rest of us are just not worth a label.

Ironic isn't it?

I wanna label!

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Funny thing is, I've been seeing online ads about how "unisex clothing" is the next big thing... just like you said. The powers that be (or SOMEONE writing the checks to those inpower) are pushing for this and actually expect regular folks to comply and go along with it.

SAD

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Here you go....EXTREMIST....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just start calling kids "Thing One" or "Thing Two".
After all, who doesn't love Dr. Seuss?

Personally, I'd address my class something to the effect :

"Young initiates. Someday you will be the Chosen One in the district of your choice. It will be up to you to keep things in order and your communities from falling into decay and disrepair. Some of you might have less visual positions, but you are all equally important. Learn your skills. Discover your trade and calling in life. You will be required to pass many tests this term. From the scholarly to the craft to athletic process. Some of you will excel at all, some will excel at one or two. Be not discouraged, but whatever you do.....do your best. Welcome, Young Initiates you are the Future of America."

Then I would hand out a questionnaire and encourage them to be as creatively HONEST with their answers, warning them that whatever they wrote as a response would forever dictate the future of their life's direction. Ah yes, Permanent Records. Forever joy.

They may only address one and another as "Brother (name)" or "Sister (name)".
It fortifies a sense of greater cohesion between individuals as part of a Greater Family.

At least, that's how things would go down in my classroom...IF I HAD ONE.

edit on 8/18/15 by GENERAL EYES because: trademark formatting - "don't leave home without it!"

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Funny thing is, I've been seeing online ads about how "unisex clothing" is the next big thing... just like you said. The powers that be (or SOMEONE writing the checks to those inpower) are pushing for this and actually expect regular folks to comply and go along with it.

SAD

And for those wearing that line of clothing, the new bathroom sign:

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
In 100 years, at this rate, it will be a legally actionable offense to identify as 'straight' or 'cis-anything'.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
In 100 years, at this rate, it will be a legally actionable offense to identify as 'straight' or 'cis-anything'.

100 yrs?

I give it 5 at best.

Jude

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Seems like an over sensationalized OP aimed to provoke a knee jerk reaction from a certain demographic.

But go ahead and get all worked up about a BS story.

edit on 18-8-2015 by jrod because: ad

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I guess it will be the final step if it is law.

Does sound ridiculous though, taking it to far here.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You guys really need to drop the word "ban" from your lexicon until you go reread what it actually means. No one is pushing a ban in your article. They are suggestions for readers to make your time at school easier and happier for all. No one is FORCING anyone not to say anything, nor is anyone suggesting that it be forced.

HRC’s Welcoming Schools has compiled a list of tips to help start the school year. It’s easy to create a classroom where students aren’t limited based on gender stereotypes and where all students can reach their full potential this year.

I don't know about any of you, but I normally don't equate the word "tips" with "ban".
edit on 18-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Suggesting equals ban these days Krazy.
Everyone knows that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join