It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong Narrating his Apollo 11 Moon Landing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just found this Gem Neil Armstrong narrating through what happened when he landed on the moon.

I gotta ask the folks who saw this though because in all my lifetime man has set foot on the moon.

What was it like watching it live? did you ever imagine that we would get men on the moon before JFK's famous speech?.
Still makes me proud when I think about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I was 6 years old and remember watching it live like it was yesterday. Not only were the images breathtaking, back in the days when we had only a few television channels, it was a unifying experience as absolutely everyone was in front of their TV watching the same event at the same time. The broadcast set my expectations for great things being in the future and we've exceeded them, at least as far as space exploration goes. So many sad images on TV these days, we need more like this to inspire the next generation!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not saying I believe it or not, but I have been stumbling on many convincing theories of the moon landing being staged. I hope it's not true, but there's a lot of good points to be made.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonedogdiary
I'm not saying I believe it or not, but I have been stumbling on many convincing theories of the moon landing being staged. I hope it's not true, but there's a lot of good points to be made.

No, there aren't. Every single one of them has been torn apart.
www.clavius.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stonedogdiary

I'm not saying I believe it or not, but I have been stumbling on many convincing theories of the moon landing being staged.

I have to ask if we haven't been to the moon how do those theories explain this...

Between 1969 and 1972 six Apollo missions brought back 382 kilograms (842 pounds) of lunar rocks, core samples, pebbles, sand and dust from the lunar surface. The six space flights returned 2200 separate samples from six different exploration sites on the Moon.

curator.jsc.nasa.gov...

Kind of hard to find all that in a film studio.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I gotta ask the folks who saw this though because in all my lifetime man has [not] set foot on the moon.

Same here.

We're probably gonna miss the first boots on Mars too - it's decades away. As millions cheer that historical moment, some asshat will be releasing a book claiming 'it didn't happen' lol. ATS will still be arguing about the Moon landings : )

On the bright side, there's a better chance than ever of seeing the first report of LIFE off this planet. It could be next year...

...and people will deny it

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe the story! Dont know if i believe it happened,but i believe in the story!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I really want to be lucky enough as a human being to be alive when it is announced, the odds on our generations finding this out is massive.
I think we may find intelligent life out there also but maybe just too far away to say hello.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I remember driving with my dad and my sisters while looking at the moon. My dad made a comment about the amazing fact that at that very moment somone was walking on the moon.

My sister was silent for a while staring at the moon. She then said that he was right, because "I am sure I saw some legs".

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Totally!

When the time comes, I hope we've learned to value the life on this planet too.

Imagine the morning, shuffling downstairs in Rocky 1 bathrobe and Hulk slippers, and it's all over the news?! It'll be amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i was too young to remember the details but i do recall the family gathering around the TV to watch moon missions. in particular, the rising 'USA' letters passing the camera as the saturn V ascended after liftoff. powerful distant memories

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I hope and do believe it will be the kick up the arse humanity needs.

Oh and ATS will break...I think the internet will
edit on 18-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
typical propagandists tactic , prey on an indefinite number subordinate individuals emotions to make them accept the apollo moon landings were authentic, isnt that all warm and fuzzy, meanwhile, during the intervening time the propagandists have yet too produce the smoking gun that can verify its validity..

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I lol'd as theyre descending 2,000m/min and no such indication, visually, or audibly, clear sound and comms all the way to the people back on earth.

however they achieved this I'm not questioning, but, I do wish I was there to see it live. I cant imagine how something this monumental must have resonated with people lucky to witness it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Found in Antarctica . Do some research before you make such a finite statement.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation
typical propagandists tactic , prey on an indefinite number subordinate individuals emotions to make them accept the apollo moon landings were authentic, isnt that all warm and fuzzy, meanwhile, during the intervening time the propagandists have yet too produce the smoking gun that can verify its validity..

How does the photographic evidence from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) fit into this? Simply by employing the "they photoshopped all the images to look like the landings happened" card, including photoshopping every single boulder or small crater that can be matched between LRO and Apollo imagery?
edit on 18-8-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

Isn't it just the truth mate!

Meanwhile we (the enlightened ones) can relish in the warm and fuzzy feeling it is to know that in everyday life we are considered not very bright, but there are secrets we share that gives us power. When we can look at all the emotional sheep and pity them for falling for propaganda like that. They walk around validating the false story with fact rather than seeing through the thin vail of misinformation perpetrated by a string of governments and so called scientists. Even the commie Russia is supporting this lie.

The sheep might call me (us) stupid and ignorant, but I deny that allegation.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It was nice to hear Armstrong's narration of the landing, thanks for posting that.

They should have run the audio a few more seconds though, so we could hear Armstrong explaining how he was running out of fuel followed by mission control saying "Roger, Tranquility. We copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We're breathing again. Thanks a lot. " after the eagle landed.

I always imagined that room full of controllers worrying about how close they came to running out of fuel, and their relief when the landing finally happened.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I believe this is the LRO NAC image used in the Google Moon part of the footage: wms.lroc.asu.edu... if you fancy "exploring" it and making comparisons.

Other LRO images of the Apollo 11 site are here: www.lroc.asu.edu... and you can even use the "flip book" to fluidly scroll through images taken at different times of the lunar day, noticing how the shadow from the descent module grows of shrinks.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I was around 12 years old.

What I remember is not only the landing itself, but the months leading up to it.

NASA trotted out many of the scientists involved for Q & A sessions. Some of them were gold, some funny and all were human. We knew their names and what part they played.

Cereal boxes had plastic models of the rocket, lunar module, lander ... everything. It was exciting. After they left Earth, we all just about held our breaths. Would they make it?

It all came together when Neil took that first step.

The whole world seemed to stop.

The best comment was by my foster mum, "Walking on the moon ... They should be keeping their feet planted here. What will they get up to next." I replied, "Mars probably."

Sadly, I was wrong.

But the greatest difference now and then ... we never know who invented something.

Who invented the Compact Disk ... NO! It was not The Phillips Corporation ... it was invented by people.

Sadly, now, it is Google invented this or Boeing that and the true heroes, the people that make it happen are invisible shadows of little or no consequence.

It is really quite sad.

But those months, all those years ago, were bloody exciting times.

P

top topics

<<   2 >>

join