It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish Politician Convicted of ‘Racism’ For Offending Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A Danish politician has been convicted with “racism” and ordered to pay a fine for offending Muslims under a law which makes insulting someone’s religion a criminal offense.

Former European Parliament member Mogens Camre, who currently serves as a Danish People’s Party councilor in Gladsaxe, was hit with a fine of 8,000 DKK (1186 USD), for a tweet in which he compared radical Islam to Nazism.

“Muslims continue where Hitler stopped. Only the same treatment that Hitler got will change the situation,” Camre tweeted last July.
Link to article

If he would have stated "Radical Islam" or something like that rather than "Muslims" in the first sentence of his tweet, I wonder if he still would have been fined. After all, radical Islam is illegal according to Danish law so he couldn't be fined for telling people to follow the law, right? One word may have cost this guy a significant amount of money.

As to a law banning people from offending others with their speech, give me a break.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

And this country is often the model that people in the US hold up for America to aspire to.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Each country has their own laws. He was fined $1200 breaking the law.

a reply to: beezzer

You're being disingenuous to imply that people who love Denmark do so because of anti-free-speech laws, such as this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

And this country is often the model that people in the US hold up for America to aspire to.

Hate speech isn't legal here in the states in case you didn't know.

The guy should have been charged under the law. Labeling all Muslims as Nazis is an insult.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's not hate speech.

We've been through this with the Farakahn thread.

They got "offended".

It was "offensive" speech.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Each country has their own laws. He was fined $1200 breaking the law.

a reply to: beezzer

You're being disingenuous to imply that people who love Denmark do so because of anti-free-speech laws, such as this one.

I suppose people can cherry-pick then.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Godwin's Law lol...

From someone whose country cooperated and had thousands who volunteered to fight with the Nazis.

I'm so offended.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

It's not the first time this "subject" has been convicted for racist opinions.

Back in 2001 he said "All westen countries are infected by muslims. Some of them talk nice to us, while they are waiting to be enough people, then they will kill us all".
Back then he had parliamentary immunity, due to his membership of the European parlament. The case was dropped.
source

He is not really helping building bridges between the east & west...

I'm glad he got convicted. About time! He excuses his tweet with "it was hard to be precise, due to the 140 characther limit on twitter" - seriously?

The political party "Dansk Folkeparti", (Translate: Danish Peoples Party") which he is part of, refuses to kick him out of the party, as they have done so a few times in the past.
The party usually play on peoples fear and hatred against muslims, and are sadly taking advantage of this.
Last election the party won big time, which imho is due to the socalled "terrorist attack" in Copenhagen back in february.

Conclusion... there is something rotten in the country of Denmark...

edit on 18/8/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Christian bashers better hope this doesn't catch on in the U.S.

Better hope government doesn't figure out the revenue angles.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Im gonna be honest, danes, and intelligence usually dont come hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I do think Quran is in itself hate speech against all who do not follow Muhammad.

It preaches duality hate and separation. Since Hitler was a master on duality hate I can see the comparison. Zionism is also duality hate speech. Being blind to the flaws do not fix the flaws it only reinforces them. Fortunately many Muslim are better moral people than Muhammad ever was.

An example of a person who was beyond duality hate.

edit on 18-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm glad he got fined.

Even Isis are not comparable to the nazis. For one thing they seem to be mainly killing people of their own religion. It's strange because I thought Isis would have headed straight to Israel and they haven't. Israel would probably have been hitlers first stop had it existed back then.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

How is a man who said obey the commandments of God and never start a war, but you have a right to defend yourself teaching hate?

I have said this many times to you. You don't understand the Quran and I wish you would stop spreading your hate of Mohammed. Since you refuse to listen to anything the Muslims on this site have told you.

You are the one spreading hate, why don't you try actually following Rumi and stop hating Mohammed and the Quran which you don't understand?

I am tired of being offended by your comments about one of my prophets.

edit on 18-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

www.dar-al-masnavi.org...

Rumi's poetic homages to Muhammad (PBUH) negate or contradict your insistent breakdown of who Muhammad was.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Muslim is a religion not a race. How do you get convicted of racism, when not "offending" a race?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

If I do not understand the Quran as you say as you do then it is because it is not communicating in a way that it cannot be miss understood. Duality do not equal non duality.

I might be blind to the good side of Muhammad but from my point of view you are blind to the bad side of Muhammad equaling his message with others allowing the bad side of Muhammad to create the same bad fruits again and again.
edit on 18-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Muslim is a religion not a race. How do you get convicted of racism, when not "offending" a race?

Because the danes are far lefter than even liberals in California?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Oh, ok. I foolishly assumed you walk into court and ask how you were charged with racism , when you you didn't make a race based comment or even mention race. Silly me
edit on 18-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer

Hate speech isn't legal here in the states in case you didn't know.

The guy should have been charged under the law. Labeling all Muslims as Nazis is an insult.

To some extent I agree, but on the other hand I feel uncomfortable siding with the Nazis by fining the guy who insulted them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Oh, ok. I foolishly assumed you walk into court and ask how you were charged with racism , when you you didn't make a race based comment or even mention race. Silly me

Well to them it IS a race,because they are so stupid they cannot tell the difference between relgion and ethnicity. And according to science this guy can argue that "race" is a man made concept because according to science there is just one race on this planet. SO vis a vie he cannot be guilty of "racism"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join