It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Caught With Knives and a Bomb in Kansas Abortion Clinic, Plot Foiled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
And if you like it or not I will continue to provide my opinion and let it be known it is an opinion. Call it whatever you want.

I am entirely indifferent to your opinion.

And I will stand by mine that there are consequences to the media's actions and to CMP's actions and also that they probably played some part in all this, intentionally or not.

Let me pull out into the street and totally cut someone off and cause them to swerve and hit a child on a bicycle and kill that child. Not my problem. I never checked my rearview and all is well in my world.

I'm sure you are indifferent, so indifferent you replied. Again what did cmp do? Also as the follow up article stated no religion no intention was involved. So what exactly did cmp do here?

Doesn't seem like the brightest kid in the world but if the follow up article is accurate this had nothing to do with the clinic except he wanted a job there. So exactly what seems to be your problem?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: Bone75

Oh yea because people just naturally walk around with bombs in their backpacks for no reason. That sounds like a likely excuse... *eye roll*

Yeah and terrorists just casually hand over their cache of weapons because a security guard asked them to... *eye roll*.

How do you know he handed it over casually? What if he walked into the building not realizing they had a security guard and by the time he learned they were going to search him he realized it was too late?

The fact it's Kansas makes it even more suspicious.

Could law enforcement be trying to keep it low profile? I think so.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Reallyfolks

Hey maybe it WAS an honest mistake, and the guy is just an idiot for walking an illegal device that almost ALWAYS gets you assumed to be a terrorist if you have one in your possession into a place that is a very likely target for extremism and even HAD extremism happen to it in the past. But in the grand scheme of things, which is more likely, an idiot mistakenly walks a bomb into an abortion clinic, OR he walked that bomb into it with a purpose?

Then the next question is, if the bomb wasn't meant for the abortion clinic, then what was it meant for? People don't just build IED's to look at them. They are usually built with the intention to detonate them.

I mean I'd probably be more open to believing the kid's account of things if he only had the bagful of knives with no bomb. While still a remarkedly stupid action, it is a lot more believable for someone to walk into a controlled building while forgetting to disarm any personal knives of theirs. However, the existence of the bomb just makes all of that VERY unlikely.

To me, that excuse he gave just sounds like him trying to talk his way out of trouble because he got caught before he could carry out his plan.

Based on the follow up looks like the kid was trying to make a homemade firework, not a bomb for destruction. Not bright. Don't think the intention would be to bomb a clinic with a homemade firework the size of a medicine bottle.

Trevizo was booked on one count of unlawful possession of an explosive. Lt. Espinoza says the device was dangerous and made of materials used to make fireworks.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well if that's true then I retract my statement. He's just an idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

A Pro-Lifer caught ready to kill "LIVES" with knives and a bomb? What a hypocrite!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Then the next question is, if the bomb wasn't meant for the abortion clinic, then what was it meant for?

A mailbox perhaps.

People don't just build IED's to look at them. They are usually built with the intention to detonate them.

IED? Detonate? Those are some pretty scary words for what amounts to a cherry bomb. It was a pill bottle filled with firecracker grade gunpowder and had a fuse sticking out of the top. lol

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

A Pro-Lifer caught ready to kill "LIVES" with knives and a bomb? What a hypocrite!

Read the follow up article, nothing to do with religion, abortion or terrorism. Dummy who was there for job.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

na I like my idea better, you surgically turn them into women , dress them in bikinis and air drop them into the most backwards, strictest islamic part of the world you can find...

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

one of the kids from one of the jesus camps took the programming a little closer to heart than he should have?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

one of the kids from one of the jesus camps took the programming a little closer to heart than he should have?

If that's the narrative to follow but if his intention was to blow anything up its even worse than I thought. He has a homemade firework the size of a medicine bottle. Not sure what the thought was there. But according to follow up article it had nothing to do with any of it. Maybe more info comes out. Guess we'll see.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Read the follow up article, nothing to do with religion, abortion or terrorism. Dummy who was there for job.

Pro-lifers have been known to try to infiltrate Planned Parenthood by applying for a job. Heck, one of the main interviewees in those videos is a pro-life advocate who was a director of a Planned Parenthood, who claims she quit when she witnessed her first abortion.....as if a Planned Parenthood director isn't aware that its own clinic does abortions, or anything about their reality.

Yeah right!
sarc/

Sheeesh!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's a good conspiracy.

But this guy would have approached in a better way I would think.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

As with most stories I am open to the possibility. If more comes out we'll see. I tend to doubt he took a firework in to do the job of a bomb and also felt he would apply/interview/get hired/start all in the same day. Then use a fire cracker to blow the place up. But he did take knives and a fire cracker in so anything is possible.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Would CMP be liable in this case? Could we hold them accountable for their propaganda?

But don't they have the "right" to produce those under "Freedom of Speech"?

And again we come back to one of the common problems with the American notion of absolute Freedom of Speech, where there is no clearly defined lines and the goalposts are regularly moved depending on the opinion expressed, and by whom.

On the one hand you have people screaming about the absolute Freedom of Speech every American has, and those same people will scream about that when it's a white, Christian American preaching something hateful and inciting, but then those same people will quickly scream to revoke those freedoms from people they don't agree with expressing views they don't like.

America needs to grow up on this issue. Sometimes speech is just incitement, sometimes it's just propaganda to encourage violence toward others. Sometimes it's clear that it's not an opinion being expressed, it's hate being encouraged.

If you had a Mosque with a statement outside claiming it was acceptable to stone women to death, they would be in front of a judge within hours.
But a Christian in New York can put up a sign saying Gay people should be executed and it's his right to do so.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, he probably isn't going to get the job now anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Sorry, that's just what I call homemade bombs. Army training and all.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Only a pill bottle with explosive material inside?

Whos ever heard of a bomb the size of a hand, oh wait everyone, called hand grenades.

Just because its fireworks grade doesnt mean no one would get hurt, would you hold a fire works rocket the size of a pill bottle and let it go off? I wouldnt.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Å and yet they managed to convict and emprison the guy who made the video that "caused" the Arab Spring/Benghazi incident
reply to: Reallyfolks

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Please don't misunderstand, I firmly believe in one's right to free speech. I also believe that one must take responsibility for what they say as well.

Free speech can be tricky at times.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Can you supply examples of these? I'm seriously interested. From what I see pretty much anytime anyone says or does something controversial from a religion or political perspective there is no shortage of people to jump and pounce.

I would be interested though to see examples of Muslims calling for women to be stoned in front of a judge and chritians with the gay sign having just free speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join