It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Coverage of US Military's Operation Dragon Spear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

a reply to: BlessedLore

Yes there is a rule in the military against this. So when doing this overseas other countries aren't pooping a brick....

Could you post where that is said?

Still trying to find the actual regulations, as it's been 10 years since I left military service. But I did find this wiki link that conforms what I was talking about with rules in place so countries don't get their panties in a wad....

en.wikipedia.org...

Field exercise
The more typically thought of exercise is the field exercise, or the full-scale rehearsal of military maneuvers as practice for warfare. Historical names for field exercises in the military services of the British Commonwealth include "schemes," while those of the military services United States are known as Field Training Exercises (FTX), or, in the case of naval forces, Fleet Exercises (FLEETEX). In a field exercise or fleet exercise, the two sides in the simulated battle are typically called "red" and "blue", to avoid naming a particular adversary.[1] In U.S. and NATO exercises, this naming convention dates from the Cold War construct where the principal geo-political adversaries of the U.S. and NATO of the period, specifically the Soviet Union, the People's Republic of China and their various proxy states were viewed as "red" forces based on their national flags and the association of communism with the color red, whereas friendly forces were depicted by the color blue.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlessedLore

Still trying to find the actual regulations, as it's been 10 years since I left military service. But I did find this wiki link that conforms what I was talking about with rules in place so countries don't get their panties in a wad....

In a field exercise or fleet exercise, the two sides in the simulated battle are typically called "red" and "blue", to avoid naming a particular adversary...

That's absolutely not against regulations.

I am personally a member of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 82nd Airborne Division (the brigade that served as the main body of Operation Dragon Spear.) Objective nomenclature within training operations typically fits a pattern, and very rarely do those names ever have any implication outside of the training operation itself. They are merely chosen in order to provide easily-recognizable names for soldiers to remember. Examples might include, "Florida, Washington, and Texas" or "Ford, Dodge, and Chevy".

When "striking (Objective) Texas" is mentioned, it's not referring to authorization to take some area, in any way or form related to the state itself. In cases such as these, it's referring to an objective the size of a village. Nothing in any part of Operation Dragon Spear had anything to do with occupying any territory within the United States.

The operation itself simulated a situation very similar to the one which has unfolded in Ukraine over the past year.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Daemos360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Daemos360

Glad I left the military when I did, I was in 82nd and 101 if you can believe that... All-american and Screaming Eagles lol in Ft.Bliss(108th ADA) and Camp Stanley(2ID). Hell I guess I shouldn't be to shy about my Military history as a few weeks ago I got a letter from the Govt saying my military files and govt civilian service files has been stolen by(my guess China and Russia) and the good ole U.S. Govt is so kind to provide 18 months free identity protection....ROFL.... What can this country even protect anymore, this country is the weakest it's ever been and it's by design....

But let's be honest here, the military is shifting and don't want free-thinkers never really did....

Question, now when you take the oath, do service members still pledge to protect the country from enemies both foreign and domestic???

And if you can since your active-duty as long as it's unclassified can you link the reg stating it's now okay to use actual locations,cities,states, and countries in FTX's as in my entire career that has never been the case and I' am a unique one having been deployed 3 straight years in Korea I did more multi-national FTX's than most soldiers their whole military career and I was 31U so always tasked out to units even if they weren't mine. Hell I even trained with ROK SF up in the mountains at their missile and radar sites(That was one of my best times in, the ROK SF are the # and they love to trade for newports and nutra-grain fruit bars no joke, it's how I got most my South Korean military gear lol) I was also one of the guys that ran Re-trans op's for various "fun times" shall we say near the "DMZ".....

Thank you for your service brother in arms.

I got out right before the new uniforms became mandatory and when they were getting ready to do away with shining da boots.....

Good change in some ways, as when your uniform is starched and pressed you glow like crazy in night vision lol not very tactical and shining boots ruins the pores lol.....

But that dumb stuff was a way of life for most soldiers and between that stuff and the gay as hell stress cards I heard they have at basic training now, I'll just flat out say it" That's weak sauce America" we are losing our way and our values....

I did basic at Ft. Benning and AIT at Ft. Gordon. Now I hear Ft. Benning does basic for men and women what a damn shame.....Nothing manly about Patton hill in Benning now and that's a damn right shame....

Ft. Benning was always known for the airborne towers, Patton's training grounds,Infantry, Ranger school and the school of americas and that bad ass chapel that they taught sniper school from, lots of manly history tainted now with a bunch of sick call babies with stress cards lol.....

When I see the new U.S. Army I see the U.S. Air Force now........

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlessedLore

Question, now when you take the oath, do service members still pledge to protect the country from enemies both foreign and domestic???

And if you can since your active-duty as long as it's unclassified can you link the reg stating it's now okay to use actual locations,cities,states, and countries in FTX's as in my entire career that has never been the case

The oath is unchanged, and as far as stress cards go, that was always a rumor we heard about back in basic, but it certainly wasn't a thing for any Infantry OSUT unit while I was at Benning, nor were they present for any soldiers I've met since.

That being said, I've already stated in my previous post that "Objective Texas" had absolutely nothing to do with the state itself. We also had phase lines "Achilles, Hestor, Ajax, etc." You needn't be any more concerned with us invading or acting against Texas (my home state) than you should be with us launching another war against King Priam's Troy.

In our operations, we do not seize locations or cities named for (or modeled after) real-life counterparts. Most of the buildings and villages used in training are merely typical examples of what you might find in most Middle Eastern nations. An objective being named Florida or Texas (which were both objectives during Operation Dragon Spear) has absolutely nothing to do with either state.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Cool thanks bro, and don't worry I' am really not worried about the military as much as I am with the executive and legislative branches those ones worry me not the armed forces... And it's a blessing to know the oath is still unchanged, I asked because I had heard it was in the process of being amended last year some time but I guess that died and I'am glad it did and the oath remains.

Thank god for no stress cards at Ft. Benning but I do know they gave them out at FT. Still?? in OKA(Don't know if I spelled it right) but someone from there that came to Ft. Bliss as I was ETS'ing out and showed it to me and I was floored....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join