It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Coverage of US Military's Operation Dragon Spear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well this is truly an interesting video to watch...sorry it's so long, it is worth the watch.

Thanks to VICE we have some video coverage from the US military training exercise Operation Dragon Spear.

Enjoy the video.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
For those of us unaware of what "Operation Dragon Spear" is maybe you could enlighten us so we can decide if over 4 hours of unexplained video is worth the time.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

For those of us unaware of what "Operation Dragon Spear" is maybe you could enlighten us so we can decide if over 4 hours of unexplained video is worth the time.

What is not clear in the headline for this thread?

It is a training exercise with thew US Army...thought that was pretty clear when I said this...

Thanks to VICE we have some video coverage from the US military training exercise Operation Dragon Spear.

There really isn't much more to say about it...if you don't feel as though that description is enough then here the description from the video...

After more than a decade fighting insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan, the US Army is shifting its focus to larger, more complex, and more dangerous global threats. As such, the army conducted Operation Dragon Spear — its largest airborne assault exercise in more than a decade — to test and demonstrate its ability to deliver a significant ground combat force from the air in a major conflict, and then hold whatever it captures.

I didn't add the video description as I thought the title was enough to explain what the video was about...I guess I was wrong.

edit on 18-8-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I just started the video, not even 51 seconds in......Did I hear that right?????? Objective: Texas Contested lands...... Am I hearing things or did that military guy just say that...... If so wow....wow..... So is this exercise a practice for controlling Texas after a disaster/ event???

WTF U.S. Govt

I was in the military and been all around the world, even did exercises with multiple nations before as well. All exercises that I have done or assisted in never use real location names i.e. Texas, etc... It's always made up names for maps, units, everything... This Sh@t is really fishy, but what can we do, they will do what they do regardless, all we can do is be ready.....
edit on 18-8-2015 by BlessedLore because: edit 51 seconds in not 20 my bad lol

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Very cool footage. Thankyou

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

"Welcome to Texas, contested lands between Atropia and Anovia." NOT Texas contested lands.
edit on 8/18/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I just started the video, not even 51 seconds in......Did I hear that right?????? Objective: Texas Contested lands...... Am I hearing things or did that military guy just say that...... If so wow....wow..... So is this exercise a practice for controlling Texas after a disaster/ event???

Yes he did, but that has nothing to do with Texas, and them practicing to control Texas after a disaster.

All exercises that I have done or assisted in never use real location names i.e. Texas, etc... It's always made up names for maps, units, everything.

And what does it matter if they use the name Texas?

Is there a rule in the military that says they can't use the name of a state when they are training?

This Sh@t is really fishy, but what can we do, they will do what they do regardless, all we can do is be ready.....

SO training for the future of what may be a reality at sometime and this is fishy...when you were in the military did they not train for future scenario that may or may not happen?

Being ready is what you see them training for, so if the time ever arises they will be ready.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Listen a little further. Something about "objective Texas." Did sound a little different than what was portrayed in your selected sentence. I make no claims, just noticed that as I was watching.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah. "Welcome to Objective Texas, contested territory between Atropia and Anovia." They're using the name Texas as the objective, but it's portraying contested territory between two fictional countries.
edit on 8/18/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

"Welcome to Texas, contested lands between Atropia and Atopia." NOT Texas contested lands.

You are wrong in the video it says Objective: Texas. Yes it says contested lands between Atropia and Atopia. Those are the enemy forces. Just a few minutes further in and they say they got approval to strike Texas, that's what they say...

They should have never even mentioned Texas if this was a fantasy exercise, it's against normal protocol....

But hey we can agree to disagree right??

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This jont edventure is not really that interesting for NATO. What the US just figured out have a much more impackt on everything....and that is Russian Electronic warefare. Russian Electronic warefare capability just cought the US and NATO totally of guard in the Ukraine.

It is odd that non of you havent noticed why the Ukraine aint flying missions With their SUs any more.....?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes there is a rule in the military against this. So when doing this overseas other countries aren't pooping a brick....

And how does this not deal with Texas when the exercise starts out saying Objective: Texas....mmmmm.....

There is no such thing has future scenarios, the military and TPTB have script for everything, easy for them since they cause all the problems and have all the solutions to further their evil goals....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, Texas is the objective. It's being contested between two fictional countries. The war is between the two countries, not about controlling Texas after some disaster.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Thank you for a little more in depth info on the video.

There are always training exercises being run, so your title meant little to me.

Is this 'exercise' being run in Texas?

Oh Yeah......Jade Helm!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

There are always training exercises being run, so your title meant little to me.

Except that title tells you what the video is about.

And it has nothing to do with Jade Helm.

Is this 'exercise' being run in Texas?

Nope it is from southern California.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes there is a rule in the military against this. So when doing this overseas other countries aren't pooping a brick....

Could you post where that is said?

And how does this not deal with Texas when the exercise starts out saying Objective: Texas....mmmmm.....

That has been explained already by Zaphod.

There is no such thing has future scenarios, the military and TPTB have script for everything, easy for them since they cause all the problems and have all the solutions to further their evil goals....

Really, because that is what training is for to be ready for any future scenario that may happen...and who exactly is it that makes up TPTB?

So when you trained in the military what do you think it was for?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

This jont edventure is not really that interesting for NATO.

That is because this isn't being done with NATO...it is a US military exercise.

What the US just figured out have a much more impackt on everything....and that is Russian Electronic warefare. Russian Electronic warefare capability just cought the US and NATO totally of guard in the Ukraine.

What are you talking about?

It is odd that non of you havent noticed why the Ukraine aint flying missions With their SUs any more.....?

That is because they know that they would rather keep the planes safe rather than taking the chance of them being shotdown...it has nothing to do with Russian electronic warfare.

And what exactly does your post have to do with the OP?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah. "Welcome to Objective Texas, contested territory between Atropia and Anovia." They're using the name Texas as the objective, but it's portraying contested territory between two fictional countries.

A bit different from the old days when the Opfor was red star, (meaning them damn dirty commies…)

Same stuff, different day.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Could you post where that is said?

Text Green I'll try to find the regulation, hopefully it is unclassified. Overseas we went by NATO Command protocol and special agreements we have in place with South Korea regarding exercises and weapon use.

That has been explained already by Zaphod.

Text Green In my opinion Zaphod comments having been very lacking....

Really, because that is what training is for to be ready for any future scenario that may happen...and who exactly is it that makes up TPTB?

So when you trained in the military what do you think it was for?

Text Green Easiest question to answer..... Dog and Pony show, most major multi-national exercises involve high amounts of alcohol at the worst places imaginable. Shooting weapons/missiles for bragging rights while regular soldiers sweat, freeze, and wait in the mud during stand to.... Then when the live fire starts I would drive a commissioned officer "LTC" to go see his mistress and drink soju, true story no lie.... Even at Ft. Bliss and Nellis AFB both I served at, during testing the higher ups party and hand out coins to all the staff drivers at the balls every night of the exercises. Yongsan, and the DMZ turned into party zone for generals and commissioned officers, that's the real military for you....Oh and I almost forgot white sands and 29 palms, another great spot for waste of tax payers dollars and contractors bribing higher ups with gifts, alcohol, and hookers so they get that contact lol....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's an airborne assault exercise that's been going on at the National Training Center Fort Irwin Ca for a couple weeks now.

www.fayobserver.com...

They acknowledge scenario similarities with the ongoing Russian actions in Ukraine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join