It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Augmented Reality Sandbox....WTF??? May be the coolest thing I have ever seen....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is mind blowing to me....I can't even begin to express how much I would love to have this in my house for my kids....SICK!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is just the begining!

Augmented Reality is going to transform everything and with touchable holograms you've got the start of a holodeck!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

THAT is so cool!

I may would not see them for like days....!!!!!

HaHa!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That is totally awesome! Could you guys imagine playing Warhammer 40K or War Machine with that tech?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

This is just the begining!

Augmented Reality is going to transform everything and with touchable holograms you've got the start of a holodeck!

that's sounds awesome

I love it but yes I can imagine it being more

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

the military will love this!...look at those contour lines....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

my current favorite

This Box Shows Tomorrow’s Weather On Your Table With REAL Rain And Clouds

www.boredpanda.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

We actually had one of these in an exposition here in my town last year, it's a box of sand with an Xbox Kinect pointing to it, and as you move the sand the projected water adjusted to form lakes and seas. I didn't find it really interesting back then to be honest, but it's probably because I've never been very interested in technology to begin with.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Thorsen because: *Last year

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That's really cool. I can see it being used for terrain with role playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Unreal. Like something right out of a scifi movie. I never thought I'd see something like this in my lifetime. I can't wait to see where this kind of technology goes in the coming future.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeviantMortal
That is totally awesome! Could you guys imagine playing Warhammer 40K or War Machine with that tech?

I was thinking the same thing, throw a hex pattern over the top for war gaming.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I am thinking a kids playland for Minecraft.....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Really cool!

Augmented interactive reality is fun, and my newest fix is from Ingress.

Check it out on Google app store, click to watch video and check sound, great storyline.
Must say, it's better than I first thought it would be. Very addictive be careful.

It's in my opinion that the next generation of gamers will be a VR augmented reality style player.

As it is already here at our current technology levels, rapid advancement will create new breed of MMO RPGs.

Great thread, thank you for sharing.

edit on 17-8-2015 by ADVISOR because: of spacing

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
*sigh*

Were are my VR goggles that beam the digital reality directly onto my retinas? I'm not talking google glass or Microsoft's new gizmo..I'm talking an immersive and all-consuming "V-World" complete with haptic gloves to touch/manipulate the virtual world?

As it stands right now you have these dorky, bulky Samsung and Occulus headsets that you put a smart phone into, and the accelerometer and gyroscopes do the head tracking. Wow, it's 2015 and that's the best we can do? Strap a smart phone to your face? Really?

I have a robot vacuum cleaner. I have an automatic cleaning litter box. We've sent men to the Moon and landed probes on Venus...and yet we can't make a real, workable, believable, functional, profitable virtual reality?

Do you know how many people would love to escape their dull and crappy lives in VR? They could finally be the hero, handsome or beautiful person they are inside. They could finally feel free of social classes.

The first person that transforms the internet into a true virtual world is going to become the most powerful and rich human that ever existed.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What you need is a holodeck.
Yes, I'm a dork lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I know...for now I'm stuck lucid dreaming. The thing is, one can only sleep so much!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's that. I would suggest something that your name on here is related to but it's most likely against t&cs and would get this post banned so I'd suggest reading between the lines. Uh oh. Bye bye post.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Really cool!

Augmented interactive reality is fun, and my newest fix is from Ingress.

Check it out on Google app store, click to watch video and check sound, great storyline.
Must say, it's better than I first thought it would be. Very addictive be careful.

It's in my opinion that the next generation of gamers will be a VR augmented reality style player.

As it is already here at our current technology levels, rapid advancement will create new breed of MMO RPGs.

Great thread, thank you for sharing.

Waiting to see links across the sky and floating resonators the size of trees.
Real life size of a Resonator

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Definitely cool. At first I thought the sand was generated by the projector. But then I realized the topographic colors and lines were projected onto the sand. It was sort of a Eureka moment.

It looks to me like it's a 2d projection. The 3d element is the actual sand. Using the box as a perimeter, the projector probably has sensors which detect the sand's height. Then it projects the 2d topographic image onto the sand.

There're 3d hologram technologies being developed. Look here:
www.rt.com - New reality: Invisible 3D holograms that can be touched and felt...
edit on 18-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is way cool! I wonder if this tech comes from Project Blue Beam?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join