It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizardman and his Flying Machine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Lizard man it's common in almost all ancient civilization in some way or another , maybe because it was the coolest thing on that time to have Lizard Gods or because some truth comes from it who knows?

could it possibly be, because lizards were local animals to tribes who habitually deified animals

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Quetzalcoatl was born on earth of a Virgin. I could be wrong? Rhetorical, I'm not.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Probably had nothing to do with rituals....

According to Aztec myth, at the beginning of this world, darkness covered the earth. The gods gathered at a sacred place and made a fire. Nanahuatzin, one of the gods, leaped into the fire and came out as the sun. However, before he could begin to move through the sky, the other gods had to give the sun their blood. This was one of several myths relating how the gods sacrificed themselves to set the world in motion. Through bloodletting and human sacrifice people imitated the sacrifices made by the gods—and kept the sun alive by feeding it with blood

Read more: www.mythencyclopedia.com...

Those "flames" couldn't really be flames on his mask......Or portrayed as blood, common in bloodletting/human sacrifice back then.....

Dammit I am telling you they had jet propulsion back then!!!!

To begin a new Calendar Round, priests oversaw a ceremony in which new fires were lit from flames burning in a sacrificial victim's chest.

A third key theme of Aztec myth was that of duality, a balance between two equal and opposing forces. Many of the Aztec gods and goddesses were dualistic, which meant that they had two sides or roles. Deities often functioned in pairs or opposites

Under no circumstance could it really be what it is on paper.....Feathers (hint) on fire.....????

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Quetzalcoatl was born on earth of a Virgin. I could be wrong? Rhetorical, I'm not.

There are many dif stories about this deity, and some of them differ greatly from others, but the main root is that he was among the gods who created the earth.

Legend has it that when the creation of the world was finished, the gods and humans lived in harmony, everyone was happy, except for the god Quetzalcoatl, who observed in anger as humans were subjugated by the other gods. So he decided to adopt the human condition to share the knowledge and art that the deities possessed.

www.inside-mexico.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

There are many dif stories about this deity, and some of them differ greatly from others, but the main root is that he was among the gods who created the earth.

Legend has it that when the creation of the world was finished, the gods and humans lived in harmony, everyone was happy, except for the god Quetzalcoatl, who observed in anger as humans were subjugated by the other gods. So he decided to adopt the human condition to share the knowledge and art that the deities possessed.

www.inside-mexico.com...

You aint kidding they differ....

In the Beginning

In the beginning was the void. It was at some ancient time in the Aztec creation story that the dual god, Ometecuhtli/Omecihuatl, created itself. (Looking back, of course, the Aztecs believed that the many opposites that they saw in the world would have to somehow unite in the origin of the world.) This god was good and bad, chaos and order, male and female. Being male and female, it was able to have children. It had four, which came to represent the four directions of north, south, east and west. The gods were Huizilopochtli (south), Quetzalcoatl (east), Tezcatlipoca (west), and Xipe Totec (north).

www.aztec-history.com...

edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

This description of the tubes on his eyes is relevant to one of the relics posted here too. The truth is that there were so many cultures that depicted this deity that the story changes considerably.

In addition to his guise as a plumed serpent, Quetzalcóatl was often represented as a man with a beard, and, as Ehécatl, the wind god, he was shown with a mask with two protruding tubes (through which the wind blew) and a conical hat typical of the Huastec people of east-central Mexico. The temple of Quetzalcóatl at Tenochtitlán, the Aztec capital, was a round building, a shape that fitted the god’s personality as Ehécatl. Circular temples were believed to please Ehécatl because they offered no sharp obstacles to the wind. Round monuments occur particularly often in Huastec territory.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: 3n19m470

I expect so but the second example is far more difficult to find information on.

See, this picture seems much more accurate to me.....A MAN wearing an alligator/crocodile head that he killed while floating in the water on a "craft" is probably a much more accurate interpretation....

I think if these guys were aliens the ancient people would try to portrait their suits and ships better than just animal like.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This description of the tubes on his eyes is relevant to one of the relics posted here too. The truth is that there were so many cultures that depicted this deity that the story changes considerably.

In addition to his guise as a plumed serpent, Quetzalcóatl was often represented as a man with a beard, and, as Ehécatl, the wind god, he was shown with a mask with two protruding tubes (through which the wind blew) and a conical hat typical of the Huastec people of east-central Mexico. The temple of Quetzalcóatl at Tenochtitlán, the Aztec capital, was a round building, a shape that fitted the god’s personality as Ehécatl. Circular temples were believed to please Ehécatl because they offered no sharp obstacles to the wind. Round monuments occur particularly often in Huastec territory.

www.britannica.com...

Oh I know the quote...If you read a little earlier I already posted this....

That was my reasoning behind the whistle but apparently wasn't clear....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I believe I answer you as well above ^^^^^^4 posts up

Yep....
edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Those couldn't be crafts that were in the water though, right?

Nope, flying aliens I tell ya!!!

Lizard-Men, water, gulf coast......Na, can't be.....

Yeah, I gotta go with floaty thing featuring guy in a head dress. Nice pieces though, thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And I'm sure they just conjured the image of a flying reptilian from their own imaginations. Couldn't possibly be a depiction of something they actually witnessed. That would go against our cookie cutter notion of reality. Can't have that...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
And I'm sure they just conjured the image of a flying reptilian from their own imaginations. Couldn't possibly be a depiction of something they actually witnessed. That would go against our cookie cutter notion of reality. Can't have that...

Oh you want to start as well?

Show me the FLYING reptilian....

It isn't from their imaginations....FYI.....Please see other replies in this thread

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its a whistle, so you're saying that they decided to depict spacemen on their musical instruments
Perhaps then this is the Alien who brought them whistles and his spaceship was designed like a double whistle for that purpose...

and the Gods were amazing weren't they, especially if they were aliens
The serpent God
the jaguar God
the twin gods
the old woman goddess
the bird God
the monkey god
Why its almost as if their Gods were created by earlier gods who lived in areas that had Serpents, Jaguars, old women, twins, birds and monkeys, lucky they landed in Meso America then, which had all those things or they would have seemed really out of place

edit on 17-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Those couldn't be crafts that were in the water though, right?

Nope, flying aliens I tell ya!!!

Lizard-Men, water, gulf coast......Na, can't be.....

I'm with you. Looks like a funny lizardman guy, I like his attitude. Surf's up, brah, I'm gonna catch these raaaaadical waves on my twin-rocket powered double-board. Hang loose!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
When they put the whistle in their mouth, it would look like they were swallowing that Indian whole.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The satire is real

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I cannot even comment on what I personally think that pic looks like....

just can't.

it would defy a lot of terms and conditions on this site.

So, nah....I'm out.

Best of luck otherwise.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Marduk

I am well read on the sumerian texts and they clearly state that enki and enlil came from the sky.

Your thread and the wiki that you link never even touch on the concepts.

Quetzalcoatl is also clearly described as coming from the skies.

Uh oh.

Harte

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

a reply to: Marduk

I am well read on the sumerian texts and they clearly state that enki and enlil came from the sky.

Your thread and the wiki that you link never even touch on the concepts.

Quetzalcoatl is also clearly described as coming from the skies.

Uh oh.

Harte

I'm still waiting for his links to the texts that state that,
despite posting again in this thread he doesn't seem to have had the time to do that yet.
I think we both know why that is...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Its a whistle, so you're saying that they decided to depict spacemen on their musical instruments
Perhaps then this is the Alien who brought them whistles and his spaceship was designed like a double whistle for that purpose...

Beginning a tradition that continued into the modern era:

Only with modern technology, they managed to make it a pin as well as a whistle.

The March of Progress.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join