It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizardman and his Flying Machine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Quetzcoatl is the first thing that comes to mind...

Described as an elaborate double whistle which i suppose imitated the sound that Lizardman made as he whizzed by;

So it's surely not a boat since it's movement produced a whistling sound.

Chrisfishenstein, it seems you can't see the forest through the trees or that you want to disbelieve so much that you are thinking irrationnaly.

Disbelieving and debunking at all costs, the ATS disease runs rampant.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

The ATS disease, is making claims based on a lack of knowledge

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

THANK YOU!!! My man

a reply to: theMediator

Sorry I am posting things that completely deny the things you are arguing on here people.....Yes I like to argue but prove something wrong I have posted....Bring it on
edit on 8/17/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Very similar to the stories we find from Sumer.

Such as ?

I'd have to disagree with your claims that he makes a whistling sound as he flies by, as this is actually a double whistle, so is a musical instrument.

I am reffering to the stories of Enki and Enlil. Enki, among many other things is said to have taught the humans about agriculture and other societal concepts. Later, in Greece, his comtemporary would have been Hermes. In Egypt the contempaorary would be Thoth. Many cultures have a story about a being coming down from the shy/heavens and teaching man societal concepts.

A whistle generally makes a single tone. An instrument would be able to change tones. So these are whistles.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

THANK YOU!!! My man

Sorry I am posting things that completely deny the things you are arguing on here people.....Yes I like to argue but prove something wrong I have posted....Bring it on
You should just stop arguing and start reading the things people are telling you.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

THANK YOU!!! My man

The pics you have posted have nothing to do with the stories of quetzalcoatl. You are not reading any of the things i have posted which clearly show that these relics are about a specific mythology.

Purposely being an ass and proclaiming it as a show of pride is about the most childish thing i can think of right about now.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Very similar to the stories we find from Sumer.

Such as ?

I'd have to disagree with your claims that he makes a whistling sound as he flies by, as this is actually a double whistle, so is a musical instrument.

I am reffering to the stories of Enki and Enlil. Enki, among many other things is said to have taught the humans about agriculture and other societal concepts. Later, in Greece, his comtemporary would have been Hermes. In Egypt the contempaorary would be Thoth. Many cultures have a story about a being coming down from the shy/heavens and teaching man societal concepts.

A whistle generally makes a single tone. An instrument would be able to change tones. So these are whistles.

A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be a musical instrument

Despite that you don't know what a musical instrument is, do you think a double whistle like this is made from two pipes that make the same tone, really, what would be the point of it being doubled then ?

So you are unaware that Enki didn't come from the heavens
Nor did Enlil, or Thoth...

There's a whole thread here you should probably read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here fyi is the actual truth of what that the various cultures of Mesopotamia claim was the source of their civilisation
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I am well read on the sumerian texts and they clearly state that enki and enlil came from the sky.

Your thread and the wiki that you link never even touch on the concepts.

Quetzalcoatl is also clearly described as coming from the skies.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think you are mistaking the whistle with the flute.....

Hermes was also credited with inventing the flute. Apollo, also desired this instrument, so Hermes bartered with Apollo and received his golden wand which Hermes later used as his heralds staff. (In other versions Zeus gave Hermes his heralds staff).

But anyways....

Enki...

Ea has associations with wisdom, magic and incantations. He was a favourite god amongst diviners TT (bārû) and exorcist priests

hmmm....

Thoth:

He was considered the heart and tongue of Ra as well as the means by which Ra's will was translated into speech. He has also been likened to the Logos of Plato and the mind of God (The All).

Thoth, like many Egyptian gods and nobility, held many titles. Among these were "Scribe of Ma'at in the Company of the Gods," "Lord of Ma'at," "Lord of Divine Words," "Judge of the Two Combatant Gods," "Judge of the Rekhekhui, the pacifier of the Gods, who Dwelleth in Unnu, the Great God in the Temple of Abtiti," "Twice Great," "Thrice Great,"" and "Three Times Great, Great."

Thoth has been involved in arbitration, magic, writing, science and the judging of the dead.

So we got black magic, a flute and an ape who was (portrayed) as Thoth....

What again does this have to do with a whistle?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I am well read on the sumerian texts and they clearly state that enki and enlil came from the sky.

Think you just may be mistaken...

In Aztec times (14th through 16th centuries) Quetzalcóatl was revered as the patron of priests, the inventor of the calendar and of books, and the protector of goldsmiths and other craftsmen; he was also identified with the planet Venus.

Identified with the planet Venus is not the same.....

www.britannica.com...

Quetzalcóatl seems to have been conceived as a vegetation god—an earth and water deity closely associated with the rain god Tlaloc.

Again.....Nope

Unless this is what you mean?

Quetzalcóatl wandered down to the coast of the “divine water” (the Atlantic Ocean) and then immolated himself on a pyre, emerging as the planet Venus. According to another version, he embarked upon a raft made of snakes and disappeared beyond the eastern horizon.

Far from coming from the heavens though....?

Maybe I am wrong?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Eff....Didn't even need to do what I did...

Should have freaking read replies first!

Thanks Marduk!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So the part where it claims

"Mesopotamian myth tells of seven antediluvian sages, who were sent by Ea, the wise god of Eridu, to bring the arts of civilisation to humankind. "

You didn't see that part then, its the third sentence, try again
en.wikipedia.org...

Excellent, then you won't have any problem linking me to the texts that claim that Enki and Enlil came from the sky.
I'm all ears

edit on 17-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

THANK YOU!!! My man

The pics you have posted have nothing to do with the stories of quetzalcoatl. You are not reading any of the things i have posted which clearly show that these relics are about a specific mythology.

Purposely being an ass and proclaiming it as a show of pride is about the most childish thing i can think of right about now.

HUH?

Care to revisit this insane idea? See, call yourself an ass once and everyone thinks they know more...

That's an interpretation of my attitude, not my knowledge....Clearly...

You just keep on going, I got all day

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

You didn't address why the flames coming out the back...could be a representation of what one experiences living 24/7 off of the diet of Mexican cultures.

Really though, I'm on nobody's side...Chrisfishenstein keeps my grounded and logic but gosh, like many others I just can't turn my back on the fun of considering yet another possible, though highly improbable, mindblowing hidden little unknown corner of history.

But I do appreciate both you guy's sharing hypotheses and vantage points...I'm not creative enough to see either way on my own probably thanks to my mental handicap so I'm enjoying reading your back and forth.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

It seems to have flames coming out of it so that's maybe the turbo powered version.

Are we looking at the same picture, what to you looks like flames ?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

You didn't address why the flames coming out the back...could be a representation of what one experiences living 24/7 off of the diet of Mexican cultures.

Which flames exactly?

You are saying out the back, is it too hard to imagine something like this with a small landing built for someone to sit on?

Sorry not too many planks of wood in the shape of a floating device out there these days.....You can stand or sit on something similar, just imagine building a small landing there to be able to sit on....

I am not sure I understand the flames comment though??

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

It seems to have flames coming out of it so that's maybe the turbo powered version.

Are we looking at the same picture, what to you looks like flames ?

Every time.....lol

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That's actually an ancient carved screencap of L1zaaRD teabagging InUrBayse after a dominate win in a game of ullamaliztli.
edit on 17-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Olmecs is an older civilization, much older than mayans and aztecs, they lived around central mexico and part of the atlantic coast (Veracruz) , The Olmecs where the ones who build the Giant Heads, i think some of their ruins are Tajin (in Veracruz just google it) and some very old pyramids (small ones). Most of what the Olmecs believe pass to the mayans and some of it to the aztecs.

Lizard man it's common in almost all ancient civilization in some way or another , maybe because it was the coolest thing on that time to have Lizard Gods or because some truth comes from it who knows?

Whatever it was probably the picture depics a lizard flying or a human in lizard custom , what would be truth?

Who knows.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

We interrupt this pointless squabble to bring you breaking news of a comet that some see as heralding the return of Quetzalcoatl, the tail separated into three tails , it was like a tongue or sheet of fire, showering sparks like a flame...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join