It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does enlightenment require any specific action (or absence thereof)?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok.... I just had an idea that might illustrate what I feel like after enlightened as opposed to before... (Haha... "I had"
)

Imagine a road with two lanes..... In one lane a car is moving, in the other lane Im mo ing at the same speed as the car, observing the car move.

That was before....

Now.... Im in the sky above the two lanes looking down at myself observing the car.

You could unfold this even further and make it more and more complicated by using human made words, but the premise is really really simple and quite blissful.

edit on 29/8/15 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/8/15 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
originally posted by: Itisnowagain
originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Itisnowagain:
Thought just appears - watch closely and notice that you cannot possibly know what thought will arise next.

arpgme: Some people can.
It's called having focus/concentration/self-control.

It isnowagain:The true self can only be AWARE of what is arising.
Here is what might arise when you realize that what you really are is just aware.

You cannot control anything - you are just seeing the show.
If what is showing, is stories about how life could be better, stories about 'me in time', stories and ideas about how to make the world a better place - then that is what is filling the screen of awareness - but if it is realized that what I really am is the entire screen - the stories tend to drop away and what is here and now can be seen in it's true glory. Then there is clear seeing, clear hearing of what there really is - without the veil.

Two ideas; one is the existential: we are all made up of the same matter so are the same thing (you are me lets be kind to each other) drop the ego identity. The other is the nihilist version; we are all separate and within that chaos we are either nothing (a rock/plant) or again in process of becoming a human experiencing drama then back to nothingness. This scenario is unforgiving, manipulative and cruel; but it allows for potential changes within the system/the other promotes stasis or 'status quo'. The process or the 'profitability of the system' to continue most likely includes a little of both.
edit on 29-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Enlightenment can come from any of the about 5 areas of human metaphysical activity or a combination of them all

One, the Love motif

The devotional acts

Virtuousness

The Knowledge seeking

Or a wise combination of all the above

The Hindus have various sects called Yogi something such as Bhakti Yoga, a devotional path that emphasis love of God and other forms of Yoga that emphasizes some degree of element of one of the above.

There is also Integral Yoga that tries to merge them all in a practice of what is essential in time and place for the aspirant

Enlightenment comes through human integration of the personality to some degree, and then the union with the divine level of being that returns the soul to its original perfect state through some type of metaphysical practice emphasizing the above attributive elements mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sidhartha himself said that once you obtain enlightenment, nothing changes.

If you woke up on a Tuesday morning and had to feed the children, get everyone dressed to go to school and work and then go make money to keep it all going, came home that night and achieved enlightenment, You'd wake up Wednesday morning and still have to feed the children, get everyone dressed and go out and make the money to keep it all going.

Enlightenment doesn't change the world, it changes you.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrwupy
Sidhartha himself said that once you obtain enlightenment, nothing changes.

If you woke up on a Tuesday morning and had to feed the children, get everyone dressed to go to school and work and then go make money to keep it all going, came home that night and achieved enlightenment, You'd wake up Wednesday morning and still have to feed the children, get everyone dressed and go out and make the money to keep it all going.

I would call waking on Tuesday morning this 'same ole same old'. Nothing changes but that you perceive by feeding the children remains in a status quo (not starving yet, holding their body weight). Wednesday has nothing to do with Thursday (becoming enlightened/changing the world). You skipped important information here (how does one become enlightened) unless one just has to continue to get dressed go out and keep the hamster wheel turning (not knowing why), nice post mrwupy glad you are back.
edit on 29-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mrwupy

And therefore it changes the world by changing how you interact with it.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: mrwupy

And therefore it changes the world by changing how you interact with it.

One would think so, if you believed this 'world' to be tangible or REAL. If it isn't (a virtual reality unreal) as some believe just a heavy matter experiment what matters any interaction? Its a carnival ride. What is real is what exists beyond the 3d; the higher dimensions that are manipulating this one. I am surprised I got a ticket to ride.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrwupy

and in so doing would change the world if all were to become enlightened. having the wisdom and synchronicity with the will of nature that is our purpose. the world would be a better place the more enlightened ppl there are.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

According to the verses above, Christians would claim that one cannot have 'enlightenment' (which they would define as faith in Jesus) without specific action ('good' works).

This reminds me of this passage:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die... Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26)

So belief alone is only half the battle... You also have to start acting upon such faith

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Does getting a joke require any action or absence of action?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Itsnowagain: Does getting a joke require any action or absence of action?

Laughter would be a positive response; eggs or rotten tomato throwing would indicate a negative. Neither require a response if not within the hearing of the actual Joke Telling.
edit on 11-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Have you ever 'heard' a joke told and everyone is laughing but you?
Did you do something to not get the joke? Did the other people do something to get the joke?
The joke is either 'got' or not!!

edit on 12-9-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Have you ever 'heard' a joke told and everyone is laughing but you?
Did you do something to not get the joke? Did the other people do something to get the joke?
The joke is either 'got' or not!!

The English Army 2nd brigade HARUMPH (WW2 wearing earmuffs, its true) employed a joke via a megaphone so powerful it killed all front line fighting Germans within hearing (they all died laughing). ibid Monty Python episode 27. I expect they got the jist of the joke.
edit on 12-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What is required to get a joke? Is any action required?
Here is someone getting the joke of enlightenment.

Nothing is required - something is realized to not be the way it was believed to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't think Enlightenment is the goal of the game.

Listen folks!

As an OBE(Out-of-Body-Experience) Expert.

I will teach you the easiest way to do OBE.

But there's a side effect: It's gonna be forever.

Hang yourselves.
edit on 12-9-2015 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
I don't think Enlightenment is the goal of the game.
Listen folks!
As an OBE(Out-of-Body-Experience) Expert.
I will teach you the easiest way to do OBE.
But there's a side effect: It's gonna be forever.

Hang yourselves.
As you proclaim to be an OBE suicidal expert in 'forever' side effects of a 'hanging' incident; why are you still hanging around? Your idea of 'forever' is an individual take on your own soul experiences has nothing to do with the random soul progressions of others. There is an ugly nature at work here boozo and you own it.
edit on 12-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Enlightenment = unconditional Love!
Like the sun, if there is Enlightened Love, it is apparent in all words and deeds!

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

One has 'ethics';

"Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!"
(EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

One commits no 'horrendous acts' against the Beloved!!
And ALL is Beloved!
Lover and Beloved literally One!
To Love the Universe unconditionally, One becomes Universal!
One Omni- 'Self!'!

No one harms 'others' unless he is infected with some damn 'belief' or other!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join