It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does enlightenment require any specific action (or absence thereof)?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think the following Bible verses clearly describe what this thread is about:

James 2 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

According to the verses above, Christians would claim that one cannot have 'enlightenment' (which they would define as faith in Jesus) without specific action ('good' works). In this thread I'm asking whether you agree with that concept. Does enlightenment require any specific action (or possibly the absence of any specific action)? This is not a thread about Christianity, I'm only using those verses to illustrate the question posed in this thread.

I think this is a crucial question. Consider the "Illuminati" for example. They claim to have 'enlightenment' while committing horrendous acts. Many popes throughout history, many cults and secret societies throughout history, many countries throughout history have claimed to have 'enlightenment' while committing horrendous acts. Is it possible to be enlightened while committing horrendous acts? I ask that question because I think that many people would claim that enlightened people would be incapable of committing horrendous acts. Do you agree?

Personally, I'm on the fence on this issue.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

yes.. many actions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

actions train the mind and body to align itself with the spirit. enlightenment is alignment with the spirit to the degree that the spirit becomes felt/seen/detected. its called awareness. the spirit dont like alot of materialist things and so it doesnt reveal itself to an underdeveloped mind. only through the actions, can you train your being. meditation is also.. an action. and this must be done dilligently and regularly as just ONE of the required actions to achieve enlightenment. the rest.. as described in the thread posted above.. make up the actions u must perform in your daily life. including.. when noone is watching or around to see you. meaning.. if u externally portray yourself one way and in secret you act a hypocrit, it aint gonna happen. gotta be true to yourself and who you are.. and thus, to others. truth is one of the most essential requirements to the path. u must be true and speak truth in all things. this way you will attract more and more truth into your life. and since we're searching for the ultimate truth. u want to be as truthful in your life as possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

"When I was in the NDE state, it felt like I had woken up to a different reality. It felt like I had awoken from the “illusion” of life, and from that perspective, it looked like my physical life was just a culmination of my thoughts and beliefs up to that point. It felt like the whole world was just a culmination of the thoughts and beliefs of the collective. That is, the culmination of everyone’s thoughts and beliefs. It felt like nothing was actually real, but we made it real with our beliefs. I understood that even my cancer was not real, it was also part of the illusion, so if I went back to my body, I would not have the cancer any more." - Anita Moorjani

It didn't require action for her to become enlightened from the illusion, go back into her own body, and cure billions of cancer cells in days.

Spirit comes first, then body;
Creator, then creation.
Painter, then painting.
Faith, then action.

Mind over matter. Faith/Belief comes first and that leads to inspired action (inspired by whatever beliefs you have). Faith/Belief determines our reality.

edit on 17-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The simple answer is yes.

In the bible enlightenment is born again.
In buddhism enlightenment is Nirvana.
In Hinduism the enlightened are considered sages.

Enlightenment begins with believing in the perfect spirit that dwells within you.

Enlightenment is reached when you realize that the physical world is temporary and you are no longer attached to the physical world. Not that you don't have any possessions but that you realize that love is not found in material goods, but love is something that you share with others. The eastern traditions call this connection to the Spirit deathlessness.

The other objective of enlightenment and the moment that one is truly born again reaching Nirvana and becoming a Sage is when you no longer cause suffering in the world. The moment you can say that your intentions are always to have all your deeds be good deeds.

This does not mean you never stumble in ignorance but that you no longer intentionally do harm.

Confucius is quoted as saying it wasn't until he was 60 that he felt he was walking in the Spirit by nature. Enlightenment is a process that begins with faith but only continues if you choose to walk the path.

If you want a more specific account of the path that I am on I created a thread on this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think that depends on your definition of what enlightenment is, it never really been a moral code type of thing, even though some how it does get associated with kindness, maybe because patience a virtue.

Then you get intellectual master debaters, with their verbal ideas of enlightment.

Then again, Jin in the Bushido code, Benevolence a virtue...I wonder how that works for a warrior religion that believes shields are for cowards?

edit on 16-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Enlightenment is just another trap set by the elite, don't fall for it.

The purpose behind it is to steer you away from the truth.

Enlightenment, illumination, and ascension are all counterfeits.

The genuine is connecting with and walking with God (from the root meaning of the word religion).

This is TPTB's primary focus, to keep you from finding the truth.

Best way I have found to learn about this is by studying the lives of those who have seen and experienced firsthand both the counterfeit and the genuine.

Three good examples:

Ex-sorcerer Ian Clayton, former occult Grand Master Lyke Uzorma, ex-witch Ana Mendez.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Perhaps we don't have, and never will have, the tools for self enlightenment.

Christians are given their 'enlightenment' by God, who has both the knowledge and capability to do so properly.

If we tried to do it for our selves, we'd probably stuff it up, knowing our history of plodding success built on many failures.

edit on 17/8/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps we don't have, and never will have, the tools for self enlightenment.

Christians are given their 'enlightenment' by God, who has both the knowledge and capability to do so properly.

If we tried to do it for our selves, we'd probably stuff it up, knowing our history of plodding success built on many failures.

there is no enlightenment other than God's enlightenment. what happens is that some of us here in hell think we are the angels. and when the angels intervene we think they are the demons. there is a great delusion indeed that many face. but its not where or what you may think it is.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

In my opinion enlightenment comes from within; having the knowledge that there is a greater existence we are all apart of independent of this human construct.

Having a spiritual awakening is part of the evolutionary process of the soul. Some have reached the ability to see without their eyes and hear without their ears and speak without their tongue, that is a dimension that can only come from reaching enlightened status.

Does it require specific actions and does it come with a moral compass, yes it does, but those are actions that all souls must achieve to reach enlightenment. Understanding what is right in wrong does not require morals. Every soul has that knowledge inherently, what they don't have is control over the free will actions of others and are often forced to make decisions that have consequences, good or bad.

The balance comes in the form of the Karmic cycle, enlightenment has many degrees of luminosity, karma will dim or brighten accordingly.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

And then i read your link, and stand amazed on the bs

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
enlightment? Become what you are, a simple primate, not what you are taught. Go fishing, make the fish your dinner, camp in the woods, feel the nature. Dont fall for the virtues on television, all people above, church, supermarket, buy clothes, drive a car, work a nine to five job, wonder how they are gonna get more money by studying. Drop everything, be one with nature, if thats called enlightment? What do you want?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You must embrace a perpetual uncertainty and a willful hyper-vigilance. Your goal should be to become aware without being afraid. Question everything, yourself, your god, your story. Do not accept and settle for any revelation without questioning it further. Truth is dynamic not static, be careful.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I struggled with this one when I use to go to church and came to exactly the same conclusion as yourself. Everyone in the 'religious landscape' claims enlightenment is something us mere mortals should aspire to but no one ever has anything to show for it.

Even people who are content and happy with their lives (in the main) don't appear 'spiritually enlightened' or any different from the rest of society.

So what exactly is 'enlightenment' and what does it do? If one gets it will one feel different. Seeing a situation of the world in general differently merely means one has shifted one's perspective but its not quite the grandiose thing enlightenment should be surely?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I struggled with this one when I use to go to church and came to exactly the same conclusion as yourself. Everyone in the 'religious landscape' claims enlightenment is something us mere mortals should aspire to but no one ever has anything to show for it.

Even people who are content and happy with their lives (in the main) don't appear 'spiritually enlightened' or any different from the rest of society.

So what exactly is 'enlightenment' and what does it do? If one gets it will one feel different. Seeing a situation of the world in general differently merely means one has shifted one's perspective but its not quite the grandiose thing enlightenment should be surely?

this is a good point. many may feel.. theyre there. but they are only in the delusion state to a great degree. note.. not off the path.. just a bit deluded while in the path and an aspirant. the path does entail some delusion as faith would have it. but a form of skillfull delusion. targetted belief system.

to claim enlightenment one must:

1. have visitted heaven and been in the presence of God
2. most times, they will be presented with an image of their soul reflection.
3. experience the blissful white light filling their mind.. WHILE AWAKE AND CONSCIOUS
4. after the white light feel the kundalini and the opening of the 7th chakra 3rd eye which blossoms like a flower both at the center of the brow and the crown of the head.
5. have all the answers to life mysterious nature.. mysteriously answered. and making perfect sense without contradiction
6. perfectly understand the paradox of life and creation
7. feel the spirit coursing through their veins and entire body 24/7 like a magnetic fluid power surging through them. they will feel every vein and every internal organ including the surface of their brain etc.
8. realize that this magnetic force is them, and not their body by slipping themselves out of their body with that spirit

note.. number 8 is not the regular out of body experience. its the real deal. from here on in.. the body just feels like a suit u can slip in and out of because u are constantly feeling the fabric of your own spirit dominant over the flesh. the flesh becomes a thing that can be easily discarded. just like a change of clothes. thus the fear of death is annihilated.. as essentially.. u realize.. with 100% certainty.. that you cannot die. and no earthly weapon can harm YOU. the real you in spirit. you are always awake, even when sleeping. it just feels like ur turning the body off while you free yourself from its restrictiveness. and well there's more.

what do they have to show for it? well what they have to show for it is always showing. but you just cant see it. because u dont have the tools.

for e.g. if i were to shine a beam of infrared light and ask you to tell me if u see it. u wont. why? because ur eyes cant see that spectrum. so u need a tool.. that can see into that spectrum. and that's y you cant see wht they have to show for it.

that is.. if u ever really met a truly spiritually awake and enlightened person. 9 out of 10 are aspirants and frauds. or it could be more like 999 out of 1000. u most likely would not know a spiritually awake person unless they tell u. or unless u have the spirit as well to feel and know them even at a distance. some people without being fully awake(7th chakra) can still feel spiritual vibes. and thats because they are doing well in the path. not there yet but on their way.

such is life. this world. this creation. this universe has a surface presentation. and an underpinning that drives the whole thing. most mundane humans only know the surface presentation. and they are bound in it. unable to solve the mystery. unable to figure their way out of the maze that is existence. what is life and death they ask. they have not a clue where to begin. but when all these questions are answered in your heart. and when you have no more questions of the spirit. that is when you have become enlightened. when the search for answers is over.

edit on 17-8-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The Eastern religions of meditation all have very precise and extensive manners to attain enlightenment. You need none of those instructions. In short, You can simply sit down and do it. For some people it is easy, for others, not so easy. There are methods that help the process be they music, personal instruction, a trip to India and even electronic devices, but more than anything it requires only the dedication to gaining the process to the fullest. And few people are willing to make that effort.

My personal recommendation is chose a practice such as Transcendental Meditation that has a teacher at its core, but not grand deity that one must pay homage to.

I have a daughter that does yoga meditation. For me, that is simply loading the body with physical strains to get to the same place that sitting in a comfortable chair can take you.

In any regard, the key is consistent dedication with a few basic rules. Within a couple of weeks you should start getting results such as startling insights into yourself and the world as you progress further away from your everyday, conscious mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
The Eastern religions of meditation all have very precise and extensive manners to attain enlightenment.

Meditation can and will open the door for demonic spirits and harassment into a persons life.

Several posters on ATS have confirmed this in many other threads as well.

New Age "spirituality" is just another TRAP set by the elite and inventors of religion, for the purpose of social control. People who aren't buying mainstream religion are in danger of finding true unified consciousness, which is exactly what the elite don't want, so they created New Age religion to keep people trapped in the matrix of CONTROL. It's like a last ditch effort to hold people down, to keep the ones who are "getting away" from escaping their control.

"New Age" Religion/Spirituality: Just more HYPOCRISY and MIND CONTROL

originally posted by: OkieDokie
My mother still suffers from attacks at that house, as does my aunt. I believe that these shadow people gain strength from the use of occultic objects and rituals. In an attempt to get rid of the activity at the house, my mother has burned sage, hung up dream catchers, and surrounds herself with anything paranormal. She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house. Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged.

Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will.

My life has finally been rid of these shadow people and the only way that has happened is from me drawing close to Christ, spending time in the Word, and getting rid of any idols, as well as anything new-agey, paranormal, occultic ect. Like I had mentioned before, I was a Christian prior to all of these things taking place, but I wasn't living like it.

originally posted by: JayinAR
I I was mad as hell when I ran my spooks off and they don't come around much anymore. Nowadays it is just your average poltergeist crap ever once in awhile. Also I would add that meditation is what kicked off the worst experiences for me. Be careful with that stuff.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Certain spirits can and will follow certain people home, for whatever reason. Certain spirits are more powerful than others. Certain ones basically have more abilities than others. How they learn how to manipulate the physical world to varying degrees I do not know, but I know that some are more powerful than others. And there really are things out there that are pure evil, things I would not wish on anyone, even if they mocked such things. These things are just that bad.

It takes someone who truly knows what they are doing to rid a location of spirits, and even many of these people cannot rid a location of purely evil spirits. A place that was never haunted before can become haunted, but I would say that the majority of the time there was something done to bring these entities in. Dabbling in the occult is apt to accomplish this, but sometimes it only takes something as simple as meditating. Meditation opens a person up, or can at least, to such things. It can act as a beacon to certain entities. I don't know how often it happens, but I know it can happen, for whatever reason. So my advice to everyone is don't mess around, even if you "think" you know what you're doing

New Age deep meditation and hypnotism are particularly dangerous. They are not recognized as being channels to demons, but they provide a direct pathway for demonic influence upon the mind. Communication with demons

Meditation is the technique whereby a person empties his mind of all conscious thought, while chanting a series of repetitive words or phrases as many times as possible. Once a person does this repeatedly, he/she will begin to experience the phenomenon whereby the mind begins to lose its normal contact with the body. This phenomena is called an "Out-of-Body" experience, and is very common in occultic circles.

Once the mind loses its normal connection with the body the person then is ready to meet his/her "Guiding Spirit". Christian author, Johanna Michaelson, captures the Satanic essence of meditation and Guiding Spirits in her book, "The Beautiful Side Of Evil". Guiding Spirits identify themselves by name, including Jesus Christ, the Virgin Mary, or one of the Apostles.

The person who is involved is truly deceived into thinking they have just discovered THE one, true way to actually come into contact with God. In reality, they have just come into contact with a Satanic demon, who has temporarily transformed himself into a being appearing very kind, gentle, and wise. The stage is set for these demonic beings to manipulate and mislead their human victims. These people have become demonically possessed. WALK-INS

The human spirit has tremendous power. Because man is in bondage to sin, for him to access now his human spirit with his soul means using the power of the human spirit for greater evil and sin. That is why all religions outside of the Bible and Jesus Christ tell you to meditate by blanking your mind. Why? Satan is behind this teaching because he wants access to our human spirit and the tremendous power it holds to use for His evil purposes.

Since for this reason God does not want us to access our human spirit, the only way a religious person outside of Christ is able to access his human spirit is though demonic power, a demonic spirit bridging the human soul to the human spirit, but under the demonic spirit’s control. For this reason, God in His Word forbids us to access our human spirit.

The Human Spirit and Meditation

During meditation, a person descends to deeper levels of his consciousness where he discovers the psychic powers and spiritual gifts to heal himself and solve his problems. He meets “the god within” who is wrongly regarded as the God of the Bible. It is this “god” who is dark and mysterious, and may leave evil impressions in the subconscious mind of the person. Eastern Meditation Sneaks into the Church

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Everyone in the 'religious landscape' claims enlightenment is something us mere mortals should aspire to but no one ever has anything to show for it...

I know people who meditate for days but once they come out of it, they are right back to being miserable...

Another HUGE red flag:

Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from another post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

edit on 17-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: John333

Cool. Since I have only experienced 3 of them I am not En-lighten-ed. Then I have something to look forward to in the next upgrade.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Everyone in the 'religious landscape' claims enlightenment is something us mere mortals should aspire to but no one ever has anything to show for it...

I know people who meditate for days but once they come out of it, they are right back to being miserable...

Another HUGE red flag:

Demons communicate through meditation, that is why it is also used in Satanism so effectively.

Below is a quote from another post explaining how to summon demons that confirms this:

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
During the day... study the arts.... meditate all that you can, look up how to open your 3rd eye... The way the daemon communicates is through telepathy since you're new to this whole thing.... that's why meditation is very important... to hear him and not yourself.

3rd eye can sometimes access what is around them and on earth that can be a curse and not a blessing. That is why I think people should learn to have an awareness that questions everything coming in and a very sure center of what they are and what their convictions and morals are before playing around.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mediation shrinks your amygdala, a part of your brain that controls your fear and flight/fight response.

Churches and systems of control don't want you to shrink that brain center -- as it makes you harder to scare and control. There's a reason religions frown on meditation and call it "demonic" -- you'll eventually become less fearful and harder to scare into submission.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join