It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Subtlety of Evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Corruption manifests with obvious acts. Foulness transpires with abhorrent deeds.

But oftentimes darkness operates unnoticed. Sometimes it slips in its knife, and the results of that wound you fail notice until long after the effects manifest.

Rape, murder, theft, violence--those are the obvious faces of evil, manifestations so obvious they remain conspicuously apparent.

Those are the actions we all recognize as foul.

But evil has a quieter side that remains equally vile. It has subtler tricks it employs on a much larger scale.

To recognize that darkness and destroy it forever, you first need understand what evil seeks.

Malevolent spirits exist, and they act to corrupt those living corporeal lives. They seek to undermine the spiritual progression of individuals incarnate in material worlds.

Thus they strive ceaselessly towards diverting you from ethical actions. They work constantly towards undermining your life goals.

Sloth, greed, selfishness, misery--these number amongst the subtler faces of evil. And I first recognized them like this:

"I don't feel like working out," a friend said to me about a week ago. "I'd rather play games instead."

That excuse I've heard a million times over from a million people before. So little of it I thought at the time.

But later I started realizing that attitude is a subtle manifestation of evil--because evil is anything that distracts or prevents you from achieving your worthwhile aims.

Evil is anything that holds you back from becoming your truest self. It's anything that prevents you from self-actualizing at the highest levels.

The forces of evil are playing games with the people of earth. And one game they're playing is too subtle for most to comprehend--thus it perpetually remains something beyond their ability to recognize or avoid.

But in the interests of full disclosure--for the purpose of helping people dodge this insidious little trap--I'm pulling back the curtain on this magic act and revealing exactly how evil operates.

Evil wants you tired and weak and lazy and unmotivated. Evil wants you despondent and miserable and morose and afraid.

Evil will happily sit back and enjoy the show while people wage wars and slaughter each other on a global scale.

But it equally enjoys the situation when you slack off and neglect higher virtue en route towards your life goals.

Evil wants you sitting on the couch instead of working out at the gym. It wants you eating unhealthy GMO-laden food instead of enjoying the finest organic ingredients.

Evil loves it when you walk around an unhappy miserable wreck taking out your frustrations on others.

Because by being negative and letting those energies enter through you into this realm--you only breed more evil into the world.

Evil wants rape and murder and theft and violence... it wants those things badly. But from most people it can only get smaller acts of malevolence... and it'll happily enjoy those too.

Cheating on your spouse or significant other--hurting their feelings and breaking their trust--that's evil.

Screaming at your children and squashing their joy--lying to them and instilling in them faulty neurological wiring--that's evil.

Gossiping about others--reveling in the spreading of rumors and grossness and creating malcontent between friends--that's evil.

And sitting on the couch or at the computer playing games when you should be at the gym caring for your priceless body--that's evil, too.

Giving into those whispers in your mind--listening to those voices that tell you to yell, scream, lie, cheat, or indulge in laziness--those are all acts of evil. Because that's exactly how the forces of evil want you to behave.

Evil wants you tired, abusive, negative, unmotivated, broken, and destroyed. Evil wants you ruined mentally and physically.

Evil wants you to remain incarnate here forever without ever having you evolve into higher more spiritual forms.

Now that you know the subtlety of evil, start seeking out ways you succumb unto its influence.

Then you'll have countless ways you can improve.

Only by ignoring those whispers in your mind that compel you towards darkness can you ever start truly striving for the light. Only by disregarding its influence can you embrace your highest ideals and make the most of this life.

Evil is rape, murder, theft, and violence. These are the forms it most recognizably takes.

And those are the only forms it really wants you recognizing.

Because by seeing through its games you grow resistant unto its influence. So know this:

Evil is rape, murder, theft, and violence....

But it's also sitting around lazily on your couch.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
With that logic, any slight could be seen as evil.....like hitting snooze on your alarm clock rather than getting up on time.....passing a car when the signs clearly say, "No Passing Zone"....paying your bills late, eating to much for dinner, calling in sick to work even though you are not....hold on....what if I call in sick to work but then go for a nice long run outside? does one counter act the other? is that a net zero gain/loss? What if I choose to play video games and then take out the trash an hour later than I should have? not mowing your lawn even though the grass is really to high? letting my car get all the way down till it has to tell me to put gas in, then I wait a few more miles? buying 2 shirts instead of just 1, cause I only needed 1? making change in the collection plate at church? OMG the evil is overpowering.

Honestly, I was waiting on the sales pitch for some great new work out product or protein powder.....evil in advertising.....LOL

All jokes aside, you linked to another ATS post that likewise is as hokey as your post here.

Evil and Good are human concepts of a morality, a morality that is also created by humans. Don't say God taught us morality because you'd have to prove the existence of God and you can't. You also have to prove Malevolent spirits set on corruption exist and you can't.

Does this mean I am evil for not agreeing with the OP?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

BE GONE SATAN!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Awesome, thanks for the kind words.

And yes, anything that detracts/hinders you from achieving your pinnacle self is evil.

Is sleeping in late evil? That depends upon whether your body needs the sleep or you need push yourself to achieve more by getting up.

Is calling off work evil? That depends upon whether remaking yourself into a prompt worker bee is part of your life goals.

Many shades of gray are at work here. Give these ideas a little more thought before dismissively calling them silly.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No, but not finding a way to add positive feedback and encouragement to the op for caring about the good we should all care about, IS.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

He's not talking about evil as a vague concept. I've met some of the actors. They will knock you off the path any way they can. "The path" is whatever you are choosing to do as your life goals. I like to improve peoples relations with each other and help people to work together and be happy.

you should think of evil more as decay.
think of it like not brushing your teeth.
This is not human morality.
No matter your belief on right and wrong,
your teeth decay if not kept care of.

Evil is like that.
It cares not on your belief system.
My belief system however is that society itself was taken by more evil than good a long time ago.
Things like cutting your grass and how many shirts you buy never reach my radar screen let alone get attention.

It's more clearly explained as we are all responsible for the world.
teach a kid how to ride a bike,
OR
get drunk.

And just because evil is trying to make you get drunk, doesn't mean that getting drunk is evil. It just means they felt like that would throw you off, but it could be that getting drunk makes you re-evaluate your life and brings about positive changes.

It's a world of gray don't get confused,
but there are demon things and light things..
All of your actions have effects.
I'm of the mind to fix this bs.
If I die in the process,
I'm not yet feeling loyal enough to come back.

edit on 16-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Evil is a product of the conscious brain described by the morals of the observer. 'ya think ISIS thinks they are evil? Hitler?
Go on vacation because you worked hard and earned it. Take that greedy greedy money you earned and spend it on a beer at the beach.

My opinion, opposite of yours.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

Evil is a product of the conscious brain described by the morals of the observer. 'ya think ISIS thinks they are evil? Hitler?
Go on vacation because you worked hard and earned it. Take that greedy greedy money you earned and spend it on a beer at the beach.

My opinion, opposite of yours.

But your opinion isn't the opposite of mine--not at all.

You're talking about enjoying your just rewards after working hard towards a goal. I support that 100% so long as your goal is ethical and moral and free from corruption.

Evil, as Reverbs also eloquently expressed, is whatever forces conspire to keep you from your goal. Evil doesn't want you working hard to (ETHICALLY!) earn that money and vacation.

Evil wants you wasting this life in squalor.

So on the whole, I'd say we agree.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You nailed it, here.

Evil will knock you off your life path by any means necessary.

It'll tell you to sleep in, stay home, pass up that great opportunity.

It's tell you it's too much work for too little reward, so why bother trying at all.

Evil has many many many guises. It takes many many many forms. This is the exact point I'm making.

This is why everyone should meticulously analyze their lives for these kinds of corrupting influences.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

We do not agree.
Evil is not a thing, a person, or an intelligent being. It is the idea of man. Evil controls nothing, you control yourself and decide if you want to do evil things.

You have all the right in world to have your world view in believing that Evil wants people to do things. But it is not a widely held belief by a mass majority.

I'm glad at least that the value of hard work is something you find desirable.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SachaX

We do not agree.
Evil is not a thing, a person, or an intelligent being. It is the idea of man. Evil controls nothing, you control yourself and decide if you want to do evil things.

You have all the right in world to have your world view in believing that Evil wants people to do things. But it is not a widely held belief by a mass majority.

I'm glad at least that the value of hard work is something you find desirable.

We totally agree:

Evil is an idea--an idea that people and spirits embody.

You control your own actions--this is powerful medicine everyone should remember.

Evil (people and spirits) do want people to do things--they want people to do more evil.

So we certainly are seeing eye to eye. And I'm gonna be your friend whether you like it or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There is a lot of goodness in the world. Paradise is on Earth. People love ane care for one another, there are charities and acts of kindness. More and more wisdom is being learned, greater advancements in medicine and technology which is becoming more and more friendly to nature. There is more abundance and harmony.

The Pure Mind focuses on Purity and sees Purity everywhere.

All is well.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

and all will be well better as we go.
No time to lose focus now though.

I think the future looks very bright if we can hold it together.
Financial collapse would throw a monkey wrench in there.

I can tell being on ATS my world is insanely beautiful compared to some others' and yet I would be called to live a hellish life by their standards. Funny that.

I tried to get into a homeless shelter, but there was a year long waiting list.
But now I'm working again. The whole time I never got sad about it.

And now I can re focus on what it is I want to do in this world.
For now that's being grateful for everything life has given me.
What an amazing ride.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

This is a great attitude.

I'm glad you've found peace with your life right now... and with that perspective I think you'll find extreme happiness with your life (lives) to come.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whatever you focus on, you get more of. Energy flows where attention goes:

Focusing on lack brings more of it. Focusing on Abundance will bring more Abundance:

"Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." - Jesus, Matthew 25:28-29

"The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer."

God does not need anyone's "help". God knows that Spirit/Mind creates the physical and therefore has power over it (through Faith/Belief/Law of Attraction). If you want to help others, speak of Peace, Joy, and Abundance. That will help their Consciousness/Awareness to see it and manifest it into their lives more and more.

When you develop Self-Control and Concentration/Focus of The Mind on Joy/Abundance, that is uplifting others.
edit on 17-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can be a miserable couch surfing sloth at times, not all but I don't see that as evil entering my life or influence of evil.

You could say going to the gym is evil (which I do too) as that leads to self gain and pride.

Subtle evil is there, like telling lies for self gain or greed and bad intent towards others. (Things I don't do lol)
edit on 17-8-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK
You could say going to the gym is evil (which I do too) as that leads to self gain and pride.

You got it, here.

Reaching a stage of meta-analysis like this is exactly what I'd like more people to do.

Analyze your actions on a detailed level. Determine your specific motivations for performing a deed.

Rest can be a good thing if your body truly needs a break--or it can be detrimental if you're simply being lazy.

The gym can be a good thing if you're improving your physicality--or a bad thing if you're overworking yourself to death.

These are the types of analyses everyone should be performing with their every action. Then they'd clearly see the influence of evil in their lives--all those little places where corruption is pulling them off a noble path.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Evil is cold, calculated, ruthless efficiency and pragmatism. It is pursuing self-interest as the highest good, thus the most natural course in guaranteeing one's self-preservation.

Good is concerned with concepts of altruism first and foremost, sometimes to the detriment of one's very own interests. Vague concepts of "good" are pushed upon the populace while those in power always act in a coldly self-serving, "evil" manner.

Once you make the grim realization that evil prevails in the end, because it dares take the measures that good is too sentimental and handicapped by scruples to take, then you open your potential for true power.

Evil gets sh1t done, evil is the game changer. Those who lead expect us to be good, while knowing that their actions fit the popular mould for evil. Once we realize that, they begin to worry that they no longer hold the sole monopoly on power and prosperity.
edit on 17-8-2015 by Demonarch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Demonarch
Evil is cold, calculated, ruthless efficiency and pragmatism. It is pursuing self-interest as the highest good, thus the most natural course in guaranteeing one's self-preservation.

Good is concerned with concepts of altruism first and foremost, sometimes to the detriment of one's very own interests. Vague concepts of "good" are pushed upon the populace while those in power always act in a coldly self-serving, "evil" manner.

Once you make the grim realization that evil prevails in the end, because it dares take the measures that good is too sentimental and handicapped by scruples to take, then you open your potential for true power.

Evil gets sh1t done, evil is the game changer. Those who lead expect us to be good, while knowing that their actions fit the popular mould for evil. Once we realize that, they begin to worry that they no longer hold the sole monopoly on power and prosperity.

Silly point of view that relies upon the assumption that this life exists in a vacuum.

Once you realize that you've an endless number of lives ahead--once you realize that every ethical misstep will retard your development towards the end of that path--the superficial "pleasures" of evil lose all allure.

There becomes zero point to commit acts of thievery, violence, oppression or negativity once you understand that all those acts will be karmically revisited upon you at some later date.

Conversely, there develops the unbridled motivation to do only good.

Protip: Evil can't prevail in the end. It's impossible.

The forces of good are running this show.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Demonarch

Not everyone agrees with that definition of good. To those who believe in their own power (thought manifestation), focusing on one's happiness, success, and abundance is good while not loving one's self, complaining, and focusing on lack is bad.

One man's Satan is another man's God. Even different religions accuse each other of following Satan for not having the "right" view of God (which ever religious sect's view of God they happen to be in is "right" to them).

Everyone chooses with their own consciousness what they will give their energy to in order to create their own life experiences.

Your world is as you choose to see it. Energy flows where attention goes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join