It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Investigation suggests 9/11 and other terror attacks could have been avoided back in 1999

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyeagle409
a reply to: Salander

Understanding how cell phones work in the US, I am highly skeptical and suspicious of those "phone calls" that are such an essential part of the official story.

Let's take a look at the rest of the story. Using the following phone record, how many calls were made from Airfones? How many calls were made from cell phones at, and below, 5000 feet?

Phone Call Records

As described by the official narrative, they were impossible. A reading of the transcript of Betty Ong's conversation with her dispatchers and HQ shows a most unnatural and awkward conversation.

It would have been difficult for anyone to have a normal conversation in a situation that Betty Ong was in.

With all due respect sir, you are far more gullible than I.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

With all due respect sir, you are far more gullible than I.

Not in the least. It is no secret that cell phones can be used in flight at certain altitudes and I will clue you in that general aviation pilots have used cell phones to talk to controllers, Flight Service Station (FSS) personnel and others during radio-impaired flights.

Just thought that you would like to have known that.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skyeagle409

They might do that today, but they were not doing it in 2001. The technology didn't allow it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Actually, yes, you could make a cellphone call from a plane in 2001. Provided the plane was at a low altitude and in a rural area where towers are higher and farther apart to allow the call to avoid being dropped during a handoff between towers.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

Yes, at low altitude and a low airspeed.

Sadly for your view, airliners don't fly at low altitudes and low airspeeds. They fly at high altitudes and high airspeeds, better than 4 miles per minute.

Fraud, is what the official story is, and the cell phone stories are an essential part of that fraud.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Sad for you that Flight 93, which actually had successful cell phone calls was at an altitude within 2,000 vertical feet of a rural celltower. And, in the rural area it was in, the range of the cell tower gave over ten minutes of access in the same cell. Again, a failure on your part to properly research.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Pilots were using cell phones in flight even before 9/11. My phone operates in flight, which is why I turn it off when I am flying. In addition:

Cell Phones in Flight

A 1996 study commissioned by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration looked at thousands of flight records and failed to find a single instance in which equipment was affected by a wireless phone. The study was conducted by RTCA Inc., a nonprofit organization that sets industry standards for airplane electronics.

Plane makers Boeing Co. and Airbus Industrie have bombarded their aircraft with cell-phone frequencies and discovered no interference with communication, navigation or other systems. One likely reason that no problems were found: cellular phones don't operate on any of the frequencies used by airplane systems.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sheehan, who is also a certified pilot, notes that cell phones are regularly used on private and corporate planes "thousands of times every day" without incident. He says he has dialed from the air on many occasions. When asked whether cell phones should be included among the list of devices such as laptop computers that are now permitted above 10,000 feet, he says "that would be OK. It's not a problem."

---------------------------------------------------------------

A pilot departed San Jose, California, on a cross-country flight to Sisters, Oregon. He obtained a standard preflight weather briefing. Visual flight was not recommended. Cumulus buildups were reported to the pilot. The pilot indicated that he may be overflying the cloud tops. He did not file a flight plan. The pilot's wife was driving to the same location and they talked by cell phone while en route... According to radar data, the aircraft was at 15,400 feet when it started a rapid descent. Radar was lost at 11,800 feet.

Because truthers were unaware that cell phones have been used in flight even before 9/11, they concocted another unfounded conspiracy theory, this time, involving cell phones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join