It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Question: Die Slowly or Quickly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My choice would depend on various factors, such as if my body was toast but my intellect still agile and if pain management was successful, then slowly. If my intellect and brain function were toast and my body was still going strong but I was a burden on my family, then quickly via assisted suicide. I would like to have complete control of the time of my passing and how I pass.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: jude11

I want to be shot sneeking out of a bedroom window by a jealous husband at age 83.

EDIT ... I shouldn't say that here, but I found yours funny

I'd like to die slowly, I have a few things to say to some people, and I'd want to make sure my dog was gonna be taken care of, and write letters to my niece and nephew!
edit on VpmSunday23pm831 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Here one second, gone the next!!
After (many years ago) having seen a relative slowly wilt away, whilest shot full of pain kilers, in cancer, I can't understand why would anyone wanna spend their final (whatever) time in pain/agony?
Because of family and friends? Personally I think one is a tad bit TOO LATE if one wish to use ones final moments to say "I'm sorry!" or that you love and care for them. Do that as often as you can while you are alive and healthy instead..........

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I want to die at the age of 110, riding my dragon, "Deathbringer" waving a sword and cursing my enemies as I laugh when a thousand arrows pierce my old and leathered hide.

I'll probably die on the toilet, making a potty.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What was that short story where the guy was about to be hung but the rope broke so he escaped and ran off and all kinds of adventures ensued, but then at the end we find out it was all a final, wistful fantasy going through his head before the actual hanging drop?

Oh yeah ... "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce.

That's what your post reminds me of.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can read the Wiki if you want to spoil it, but it does fit this thread and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: olaru12

I want to be shot sneeking out of a bedroom window by a jealous husband at age 83.

hmmmm...That depends. Is the husband 83? Is his wife the same age?

hmmm

Hey Jude- Be fore warned, using "depends" on the post re: geriatrics may not bode well in The Age of Law of Attraction/self fulfilling prophecies/kismet/give it a name.. Depends™ are the tops when it comes to the makers of Adult 'funda-wear'.. hahaha

I don't use a microwave/cell phone, I stay hydrated and use coats of coconut oil daily, I hope to be the 1 guy in the Old Folks Home that doesn't have Alzheimer's but wearing some Depends™ 'may' cramp My moves with the Ladies..

When I was golfing, My handicap was a short dick and bad breath, I'd opine it 'may' be hard trying to hide My plastics...

namaste

P.S. Personally, I'm under the impression that there is no 'death' but a transfer of energy.. No body, no pain; No brain, no headache...

• Your Mileage May Vary •

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I will simple transform into a being of light. It takes time. It's been over half a century now and I still await the total change.

LOL. Its not real, you can't take the body with you, and its all metaphor for attaining higher mind. We still cross over, that great divide, though some seem to spring out of their bodies ahead of the event as in some NDE's.

That being said, think this is the best positive thought to hold however. I kind of picture positive upgrades happening instead too.
edit on 16-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Already got it all planned. Short of a car accident, stroke, heart attack, I'll more than likely die of cancer. Every death in my family for the last 40 years has been cancer related, so I'm sure to get my share. They give terminal patients quite a lot of narcotics, so, when it's get toward the end and I'm home with Hospice, after having talked with all my loved ones, OD and go quietly to that eternal sleep. Thought of this while watching my Dad die a long, painful, wasting death due to lung cancer. I won't put my family through that.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a long and slow death so I may reflect on a short and fast life.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Which ever is deemed necessary by my creator.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I will simple transform into a being of light. It takes time. It's been over half a century now and I still await the total change.

<< 1   >>

join