It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Treated Themselves Recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was on Amazon this afternoon ordering mundane stuff and decided to have a mooch around to see if there was anything else I might like.

Who knew they sold confectionery? Well, not me.

And I found some HALVA
It's one of my favourites but I haven't had any for some years because I couldn't find the one I liked in the shops any more.

Anyway, there was a big 500g tub of it available and it's imported from Macedonia. That's historical - Alexander the Great and all that
Umm... I don't think the halva will be ancient - I hope not.

It should be here in a few days and I'm really looking forward to it. In fact, I'm almost excited. I hope I like it, it'll be really disappointing if I don't after all this anticipation.

So - has anyone else treated themselves recently and would they like to (or can they) tell us about it?

edit on 16-8-2015 by berenike because: bah

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I bought a new bike yesterday!, well i say new its actually second hand from gumtree, and the gentleman delivered it to me today, im very pleased with it, considering it only cost me £40!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
I bought a new bike yesterday!, well i say new its actually second hand from gumtree, and the gentleman delivered it to me today, im very pleased with it, considering it only cost me £40!

It is new for you!
Good for you!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: kellyjay

It is new for you!
Good for you!

what can i say..i love me a bargain! lol

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just had a half pint of Southern Comfort...gig this PM.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Eh, kind of. We did close the deal on a new-to-us car this week, and it gets to be my primary vehicle which is a new experience for me. In all the history of our marriage, my husband has always genuinely needed the newer vehicle worse than I have, so I have either walked or had the really crappy beater.

But this time, since I am taking our son to school now, I get the newest one. I am still shocked! It goes BACKWARDS! and it has air conditioning ... and a CD player ...

edit on 16-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

My daughter just treated me by handing me a plate of chocolate chip cookies.
Top that for a treat--I guess it doesn't beat a bicycle, however!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes, but if I told you what it is now Id risk losing the bid.
It ends in 24 hours ... I can't wait..

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I bought new tires for the explorer last week. What a treat it is to be riding in the vehicle without it humping and shuttering from the deformed belts in two tires from hitting potholes in the roads.

That may not be a treat for some people, but it is for us.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have half a bottle of Yellowtail Moscato in my refrigeratior.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, I've just had my firework peed on.

Apparently proteins in sesame seeds (what halva is made of) can 'trigger' anyone with a nut allergy. Guess what I developed earlier this year

Thank you for all the replies - I've been enjoying reading them. It's nice to share in the things that make people happy

edit on 16-8-2015 by berenike because: double bah

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

See? That's my feelings with the car. It's awesome to have one that really works, but not so cool to have a car payment, and if I was really treating myself ... I would have done something else. But, we did need a car ...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I treat myself every morning with a cup of steaming hot spiced chai tea. I only like the one brand I buy. It's expensive as all get out but I love the taste and the comfort I get from it's warm deliciousness.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I haven't yet but will be treating my self soon to some really expensive face paints. I am going to try and make some money painting faces at kids party's and festivals. All $230 kiwi worth. Will be fun for me and the kids.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

See? That's my feelings with the car. It's awesome to have one that really works, but not so cool to have a car payment, and if I was really treating myself ... I would have done something else. But, we did need a car ...

When your wants and needs are the same, life becomes less complicated and you are much more happy with what you have. I spent a lot of money on what I wanted but did not need, I worked so much harder just to justify that I needed something when in essence I wanted it. You buy a riding lawnmower than decide to expand the yard and then you have to mow more. I bought a new weed eater and I started using it more because I had bought it, I never used to do anything with those areas before, the weeds were full of colorful wild flowers, now it is grass with infringing ferns that need constant work.

When you get older you start to notice this kind of stuff and think "what the F was I thinking"

But then again that HALVA does look pretty interesting when I looked it up.
edit on 16-8-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I just had a glass of Korbel champagne. Just for fun, I dropped a blackberry in it, then ate the blackberry. It was quite delicious after soaking in champagne.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The kids got some new shoes today...
I only got a pair because it was a BOGO and they are an odd number LOL...

They'll be good though for the days I don't have to be all dressy up at work...

Oh, and the S.O. got new cue sticks. THAT makes him happy...
Seeing them happy DOES make me happy...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just bought a pink silk jumpsuit with a teal tu tu to match my hair.

Oh and the avatar photo's old. I just went to Mr.Ray's for hair weave. Now I'm netflix and chillin every night. For real!
edit on 16-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Mr Ray

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Treat yo self!

I got me a new outfit for date night this past Friday!
edit on 16-8-2015 by chelsdh because: Video didn't work

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I bought myself a new fridge last month. I had never liked the old one---it was an "emergency" buy when ours went out on the hottest day of the year several years ago. I whined and complained about having to stand on my head to view the veggie drawers for years. Then I "discovered" French door fridges and began investigating them. When our stove gave up the ghost I decided to see if I could get some sort of discount on buying more than one appliance at a locally owned store. Yep, saved over $200 and made myself happy that I can now see all my refrigerated food without acrobatics!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join