It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be wary of the meningitis vaccince

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I've had this vaccine and I was completely fine. No side effects whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No, he's 100% right. Some guy on another vaccine thread argued with me for PAGES and I'm not anti-vax. But if you dare to suggest that MAYBE vaccines could be harmful (which they can be) these shills- paid or not- swarm on you.

Fact.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

No, he's 100% right. Some guy on another vaccine thread argued with me for PAGES and I'm not anti-vax. But if you dare to suggest that MAYBE vaccines could be harmful (which they can be) these shills- paid or not- swarm on you.

Fact.

Indeed, they're all over the place.

I find it interesting that in the last ten years no one's died from Measles alone, 108 have died from the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

I find it interesting that in the last ten years no one's died from Measles alone, 108 have died from the vaccine.

From the WHO website (which I am sure you will denounce as a shill site...

Key facts

- Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
- In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.
- Measles vaccination resulted in a 75% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2013 worldwide.
- In 2013, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 73% in 2000.
- During 2000-2013, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 15.6 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.

So no one's died from measles in the last 10 years?

I'm not saying vaccines are 100% safe, nor am I saying this woman wasn't vaccinated - I'm only pointing out your incorrect statement.

Which then leads me to think, if you can't be bothered to do any real investigation, you're spouting garbage,which means nothing you say has any validity.
edit on 17-8-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IngyBall

I had a mild headache for a few days too with a fever.

Got over it though.

End of the day a mild headache nothing to meningitis. I know three people who nearly died from it back in the 90's and one guy who came back from Africa and is now in a permanent vegetative state due to getting Men C. its a nasty SOB.
edit on 17-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I feel for ya! I came into thread couldn't believe how many early posters came in and basically said you were wrong or maybe it wasnt the vaccine or how you shouldn't be using what remedy you were trying but with little or no sympathy. Headaches can be the worst and I can't imagine having a bad one for days on end, so believe me when I tell you that you have my sympathy and nothing but good intentions that this goes away for you very soon. I also don't trust all doctors or big pharma so I know how this could be alot scarier than just a passing headache. I have no remedy at this time but wanted you to know not everyone came here to make your headache worse. Keep us posted!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I guess some people prefer the safety of an echo chamber where everyone slaps each other on the back in agreement rather than being exposed to other ideas and opinions. Perhaps discussion boards aren't the place for such people.

Funny how whenever there's any mention of vaccines the anti-vaxxers flood the thread with lies and misinformation:

edit on 17-8-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

There's a difference between having a reasonable debate and vicious attacks and thread derailment.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

No joke, this is one of my cure-alls I take when really sick or need to cleanse myself. Olive Leaf Extract or Olive Leaf pill form. I use the GNC Olive Leaf pill version as it's easy to get where I live.

Olive Leaf is anti-parasitic, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and a antioxidant as well to list just a few beneficial properties.

Here's some random links I found and also check out youtube as well:

www.about-olive-leaf-extract.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.webmd.com...

Hope this helps and I hope you get well very soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Pardon?

Every body is different. Every body reacts differently to vaccines and the preservatives they are kept in. EVERY vaccine has negative side effects, up to and including death. A vast majority of people who receive vaccines tolerate them just fine. But unfortunately the casualties from vaccines are higher than they really should be because of "everybody should be vax'd"ers, if everyone would exercise a little common sense and be a little more cautious, the number of casualties COULD be reduced even more.
* by casualties, I mean all the adverse effects, not just death

Science is not infallible. Medicine is not infallible. Humans (including doctors and scientists) are DEFINITELY not infallible.

As I already told the OP, the general rule in medicine is to weight out the benefits v. risks and base your personal decisions on THAT, not to blanketly accept something just because it's recommended.

I AM NOT ANTI-VAX. So please don't come back with a bunch of 'anti-vaxers are going to kill us all with the measles' crap. Not saying you will, but it's happened to me on other threads.

Can you provide evidence and exact numbers of the significant amounts of severe adverse events from vaccines please (although a low grade fever, headache and sore arm are adverse events, they're not exactly serious).
Can you provide the same for vaccines actually killing someone please? And that would be death from the vaccine itself, not because they were tainted.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Fact.

Is it 108 now as the number keeps changing depending upon what meme you see?
Funny how you can only find that number on memes and not in any medical documents though isn't it?
That's probably because that number has been gleaned from VAERS which, as I'm sure you know since you seem to be an expert on vaccines, is a 1st-line reporting database for vaccine events.
And, since you're an expert, you will also know that anyone can report anything to VAERS regardless of whether it's been caused by the vaccine or not. As long as an event happens in a certain amount of time post-vaccination it can be reported.

Even though you are an expert, what you haven't realised is that VAERS doesn't show causality.
In fact, if you upped your expertise just a little, it wouldn't take you very long to find out that no-one ever has died from the measles vaccine (I'm guessing you mean MMR).
Whilst there have been quite a few deaths from measles.

It really won't take you long to find that information out for yourself if you care to look.
But the question is, do you want to?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Care to show some of these "vicious attacks" and "thread derailment"? Or are you perhaps a tad over sensitive? Am I "attacking" you know by expecting your claims to be backed up with evidence?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Here's some good facts from the World Health Organization, but it's broken down by specific vaccine. I can't seem to find a comprehensive chart with all the info together:
WHO

Here's a good article where an anti-vaxer threw out inflated numbers and they went back and checked the credibility of his claims. His numbers were much higher than they should have been, but it still shows truer numbers. What bothers me about this article is they take into account 'redundant reporting' meaning the same case being reported more than once, yet they have no proof of this going on and therefore shouldn't be able to predict how often it happens:
Politifact Cross Check

Here's a bit about this organization so you don't automatically lump them into the anti-vax camp:

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit educational organization founded in 1982. NVIC launched the vaccine safety and informed consent movement in America in the early 1980's and is the oldest and largest consumer led organization advocating for the institution of vaccine safety and informed consent protections in the public health system.

National Vaccine Information Center

As noonebutme posted from the WHO website:

In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.

Notice that says 'globally'. So how many of those deaths occurred in places with fecal matter in the drinking water, rampant malnutrition and unavailability of basic medical supplies?

Now I can't vouch for the validity of this website but they list their source material so you are welcome to cross check:
Health Impact News So yeah, ZERO deaths from wild measles in the US for the past 10 years.

Here's the VAERS disclaimer:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning that reports about adverse events are not automatically collected, but require a report to be filed to VAERS. VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness. They often lack details and sometimes can have information that contains errors.

"Underreporting" is one of the main limitations of passive surveillance systems, including VAERS. The term, underreporting refers to the fact that VAERS receives reports for only a small fraction of actual adverse events. The degree of underreporting varies widely. As an example, a great many of the millions of vaccinations administered each year by injection cause soreness, but relatively few of these episodes lead to a VAERS report. Physicians and patients understand that minor side effects of vaccinations often include this kind of discomfort, as well as low fevers. On the other hand, more serious and unexpected medical events are probably more likely to be reported than minor ones, especially when they occur soon after vaccination, even if they may be coincidental and related to other causes.

A report to VAERS generally does not prove that the identified vaccine(s) caused the adverse event described. It only confirms that the reported event occurred sometime after vaccine was given. No proof that the event was caused by the vaccine is required in order for VAERS to accept the report. VAERS accepts all reports without judging whether the event was caused by the vaccine.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that VAERS staff follow-up on all serious and other selected adverse event reports to obtain additional medical, laboratory, and/or autopsy records to help understand the concern raised. However, in general coding terms in VAERS do not change based on the information received during the follow-up process. VAERS data should be used with caution as numbers and conditions do not reflect data collected during follow-up. Note that the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality.

So yes, anyone can report anything. Serious reports are followed up on. But...a passive reporting system also means that for every event reported there are more that go unreported. And for fear of scaring people away from vaccines, health authorities do everything in their power to downplay causality. "Well, we don't KNOW that the vaccine caused -insert adverse reaction here-" The flip side of that statement is that they don't KNOW that it didn't either.

So any studies that use VAERS as their data collection are automatically using flawed and incomplete data.

^ THIS is all the facts and figures offhand. You have to take into account that there are instances where something happens....seizures, death, brain damage etc. and the event is never linked to the vaccine, when in reality the vaccine caused or contributed to it. How many cases of SIDS were actually caused by vaccines? Who knows? I don't claim to. But I know that statistically it has happened.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

In fact, if you upped your expertise just a little, it wouldn't take you very long to find out that no-one ever has died from the measles vaccine (I'm guessing you mean MMR).

I call BS.
NVIC

There have also been 329 deaths reported to VAERS in association with the MMR vaccine. However, the numbers of vaccine-related injuries and deaths reported to VAERS may not reflect the true number of serious health problems that occur develop after MMR vaccination.

And it's not QUITE as bad as death, but there have also been almost 7,000 serious adverse reactions reported including:

lupus (autoimmune connective tissue disorder);
Guillain-Barre syndrome (inflammation of the nerves);
Encephalitis;
aseptic meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain);
deafness;
cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle);
hypotonic-hyporesponsive episodes (collapse/shock);
convulsions;
subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE);
ataxia (loss of ability to coordinate muscle movements);
parathesia (numbness, burning, prickling, itching, tingling skins sensation indicating nerve irritation)

And not one death in the US for the past 10 years due to wild measles.

My son just got the MMRV vaccine and he developed a bumpy rash in his armpits and groin. He had a bad reaction to the DTaP vaccine as well. Am I freaking out and stopping vaccines altogether? No. I'm proceeding with caution. Obviously he has a sensitivity to them. Some people do and some people don't. He's also an extremely healthy little boy and I'm confident that his immune system can beat any disease it comes across, as it's designed to do.

Vaccines are awesome and have done wonders for the health of children. There will always be casualties. BUT if people were a little more intelligent and reasonable about it we could reduce those casualties to an even lower number.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

It's normal to have splitting headaches, loss of critical thinking, nausea, bruising and swelling at the injection site, or any number of side effects from vaccines. This is your body's way of informing you that you've harmed its natural order.

Vaccines contaminate your blood with deadly neurotoxins. Each 1 inoculation is slight, but their effects become compounding after so many through a lifetime. Children nowadays by age 6 have a whopping 49 inoculations.... That's a whole glass full of toxins swishing and swirling around your BRAIN, organs, blood etc.

I've never had a vaccine in my life except for MMR (early 90s formula). I have the strongest immune system you'd ever see. On the rare occasions I do get sick, I use natural remedies. Pharmaceutical drugs and doctors don't even come to mind anymore.
Meningitis? Simple vitamin C takes care of that (though through an IV does give quickest results). Easy one. Leave it to big pharma to make you think you need them to simply exist while ignoring the Earth's natural cures ALL around you. Even the dandelions in your yard could be eaten (straight from the ground and whole) as a remedy for many ailments, and general nutrition.

The good news is you can detox your bloodstream. You are god's greatest machine. Look it up, or let me know if you want tips. I live off the land and do things natural. Relative to those around me I'm like a god while they're all sick and dying.... So I don't care about the critics. Regardless of whatever you decide to do or however your opinion on the subject is swayed, I hope you get well soon.
edit on 8/17/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

I call BS.
NVIC

There have also been 329 deaths reported to VAERS in association with the MMR vaccine. However, the numbers of vaccine-related injuries and deaths reported to VAERS may not reflect the true number of serious health problems that occur develop after MMR vaccination.

And it's not QUITE as bad as death, but there have also been almost 7,000 serious adverse reactions reported including:

lupus (autoimmune connective tissue disorder);
Guillain-Barre syndrome (inflammation of the nerves);
Encephalitis;
aseptic meningitis (inflammation of the lining of the brain);
deafness;
cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle);
hypotonic-hyporesponsive episodes (collapse/shock);
convulsions;
subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE);
ataxia (loss of ability to coordinate muscle movements);
parathesia (numbness, burning, prickling, itching, tingling skins sensation indicating nerve irritation)

And not one death in the US for the past 10 years due to wild measles.

My son just got the MMRV vaccine and he developed a bumpy rash in his armpits and groin. He had a bad reaction to the DTaP vaccine as well. Am I freaking out and stopping vaccines altogether? No. I'm proceeding with caution. Obviously he has a sensitivity to them. Some people do and some people don't. He's also an extremely healthy little boy and I'm confident that his immune system can beat any disease it comes across, as it's designed to do.

Vaccines are awesome and have done wonders for the health of children. There will always be casualties. BUT if people were a little more intelligent and reasonable about it we could reduce those casualties to an even lower number.

I posted it in black & white yet you completely ignored it and posted VAERS sourced data from "Dr" Mercola, sorry NVIC (same thing as NVIC is just a marketing tool for him).

What don't you get about reporting an event and an event being caused by a vaccine being completely different?
I'm trying to help you here but it looks like you don't want any.

I'll take a step back.
Patient gets vaccine.
Patient develops rash two days later.
Event reported to VAERS.

Is the rash caused by the vaccine?
No-one knows.
But the event is recorded in VAERS irrespective of causality.
The rash isn't serious so no action is taken.

Move a step further.
Patient gets vaccine.
Patient dies two days later.
Event is recorded in VAERS.
Is the vaccine responsible for the death?
No-one knows.
But the event is still recorded in VAERS.
Since the event is serious it is followed up and examined further.
Is this further examination recorded in VAERS?
No, since VAERS is a first line reporting database.
Can you find out cause of death? Yes you can indeed.
And guess what? No deaths have been caused by the MMR.
Not one.
Ever.

As for events listed on vaccine inserts; any event whether caused by the vaccine or not which is reported has to be listed.
It doesn't mean it has anything to do with the vaccine other than to happen within a specific time period after administration.

I also think it's very dishonest of you to list reported side-effects of vaccines and then compare it with death-rates from measles itself.
Now, even though you aren't anti-vax as you say that's a very unscientific comparison, in fact it's classic anti-vax tactics (methinks the lady doth protest too much).
However, there HAVE been deaths from "wild" measles in the past few years, 2 in 2009 and 2 in 2010 ("wild" measles is a very anti-vax term btw).
www.cdc.gov...
www.cdc.gov...

And here's the list of complications from measles just to balance things up a bit.
www.nhs.uk...
Around 1 in 5000 will die. (Look up the France epidemic in 2008-11 for the casualties of measles).
Compared to none per X-million of vaccines.

Do you understand WHY there's been so few deaths over the past decade (deaths are inextricably linked to the incidence of measles)?
Do you possibly think it might be something to do with measles being eliminated due to vaccination?

So use your intelligence and reason properly and don't get fooled by the anti-vax rhetoric.
It's easy to be sucked in.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

It's normal to have splitting headaches, loss of critical thinking, nausea, bruising and swelling at the injection site, or any number of side effects from vaccines. This is your body's way of informing you that you've harmed its natural order.

Vaccines contaminate your blood with deadly neurotoxins. Each 1 inoculation is slight, but their effects become compounding after so many through a lifetime. Children nowadays by age 6 have a whopping 49 inoculations.... That's a whole glass full of toxins swishing and swirling around your BRAIN, organs, blood etc.

I've never had a vaccine in my life except for MMR (early 90s formula). I have the strongest immune system you'd ever see. On the rare occasions I do get sick, I use natural remedies. Pharmaceutical drugs and doctors don't even come to mind anymore.
Meningitis? Simple vitamin C takes care of that (though through an IV does give quickest results). Easy one. Leave it to big pharma to make you think you need them to simply exist while ignoring the Earth's natural cures ALL around you. Even the dandelions in your yard could be eaten (straight from the ground and whole) as a remedy for many ailments, and general nutrition.

The good news is you can detox your bloodstream. You are god's greatest machine. Look it up, or let me know if you want tips. I live off the land and do things natural. Relative to those around me I'm like a god while they're all sick and dying.... So I don't care about the critics. Regardless of whatever you decide to do or however your opinion on the subject is swayed, I hope you get well soon.

I have to assume that your current status of "troll bait" is active and fully functional.
I really hope you're trolling anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Every body is different. Every body reacts differently to vaccines and the preservatives they are kept in.

Not really. Most people react pretty much the same way to vaccines. That's why medicine works. It's predictable, to a high degree of confidence. Even the adverse effects occur at predictable rates.

A vast majority of people who receive vaccines tolerate them just fine. But unfortunately the casualties from vaccines are higher than they really should be because of "everybody should be vax'd"ers,

Strawman. Nobody believes "everybody should be vax'd." Nobody advocates that. Every vaccine comes with a list of contraindications. Public health authorities publish contraindications alongside vaccination schedules.

if everyone would exercise a little common sense and be a little more cautious, the number of casualties COULD be reduced even more.

The problem with common sense is, it evolved to keep us from falling out of trees or getting eaten by predators. It's not very good at assessing the complex risk-reward ratios inherent in immunology, epidemiology, etc. These kinds of things require an uncommon amount of expertise. If everyone would exercise a little deference to experts, the number of diseases and deaths could be reduced even more.

I AM NOT ANTI-VAX.

Looks like, quacks like.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You are correct that anyone can report to VAERS, they admit their shortcomings right there in their disclaimer. But, consider this, why would anyone report to VAERS unless they believe there may be a connection to the vaccine? And, take into account my assertion that for every reported adverse effect, there are probably at least 2 more that go unreported.

You are saying that adverse reactions don't indicate causality, which is true in some cases. And I am saying that many adverse effects aren't attributed to vaccines BECAUSE causality can't be proven. The fact is, there are no studies ever that have actually full depth studied the physiological systemic effects of vaccines. All the 'facts' and statistics and studies that everyone is quoting are relying on subjective input from the parents and doctors. Anecdotal evidence, if you will. NOBODY knows the full extent of what is or isn't caused by vaccines.

I said it before and I'll say it again, vaccines are great. But they do come with risks and these need to be weighed along with the benefits in each individual case. OP has clearly demonstrated an adverse reaction to this particular vaccine and should never have gotten the booster. My daughter has never had an adverse reaction and is completely up to date on all her shots. My son, on the other hand, seems to have a sensitivity and I am proceeding very carefully with his vaccine schedule.

Like I said, my son got the MMRV and the next day he had a bumpy rash in his armpits and groin. By your logic this rash shouldn't be attributed to the vaccine because it can't be proven that the vaccine caused it? BS. It WAS caused by the vaccine, and I don't even mind it because that's the point of vaccines- to infect you with an attenuated strain.

Whatevs man. Go ahead and worship at the altar of science/medicine/vaccines, take your holy communion with full faith and without question. Shoot a Hepatitis vaccine into your newborns and keep filling them up with shots every couple of months as recommended. Hopefully it all works out fine for you. Meanwhile, I will continue to vaccinate my children, but I will do it with open eyes.

I'm permanently disabled thanks to medical malpractice. So good luck with all that blind trust you have.

PS The term 'wild' measles was used on official sites. I don't, nor have I ever, read anti-vax propaganda. I try my damnedest to focus on the most reliable, objective sources.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli
Not really. Most people react pretty much the same way to vaccines. That's why medicine works. It's predictable, to a high degree of confidence. Even the adverse effects occur at predictable rates.

Every BODY is different. If every BODY were the same no one would have adverse reactions. And they're not predictable, they are tallied after the fact. And there's no way to predict ahead of time which individual will be adversely effected unless they've already demonstrated an adverse reaction in the past, in which case further doses of that particular vaccine are not recommended.

Strawman. Nobody believes "everybody should be vax'd." Nobody advocates that. Every vaccine comes with a list of contraindications. Public health authorities publish contraindications alongside vaccination schedules.

Well, then what exactly is your stance? Because you show up on this thread and attack my posts and accuse me of being some kind of anti-vax nut job when all I'm advocating is a bit of caution.

The problem with common sense is, it evolved to keep us from falling out of trees or getting eaten by predators. It's not very good at assessing the complex risk-reward ratios inherent in immunology, epidemiology, etc. These kinds of things require an uncommon amount of expertise. If everyone would exercise a little deference to experts, the number of diseases and deaths could be reduced even more.

Common sense would mean waiting until your child is older, bigger, stronger to start injecting them. Only giving them one vaccine at a time so if there is an adverse effect you know exactly which one caused it. And not giving boosters once an adverse reaction is demonstrated. I don't care what you think the purpose of common sense is, or how it evolved, I'm saying it should be employed along WITH medical recommendations.

I AM NOT ANTI-VAX.

Looks like, quacks like.

Then why are both my children vaccinated? Why is my daughter completely up to date. And even though my son has displayed adverse reactions to 2 different vaccines, why do I continue to vaccinate him?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join