It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh, Lauren*, why didn't I ever let you know how I felt? Your beautiful looks, easy-going personality and humour had me captivated from the moment I met you. We worked together as colleagues for over a year, and although we shared some conversations and I did get to learn a bit about you, I felt like this did not do justice to the chemistry between us. (Was there really chemistry, or is that just my nostalgia getting in the way?)

Nevertheless, I look back upon our time working together as a treasured memory, not because of the boring repetitive work we engaged in, but rather because of the conversations we had and laughs we shared. I am so sorry there were times when I acted cold and disinterested; they were a mask to conceal my true feelings. I was afraid back then of getting too close to anyone because I didn't accept who I was.

While I still struggle with coming to terms with who I am, the difference between then and now is remarkable. I think you would be proud of my progress. Alas, I fear I am just a distant memory that you no longer have room in your current life to recall.

Either way, know that I am here and waiting for that one day when we will meet again...

-----------

* Lauren is not her real name. I have since found out a bit more about her via social media and even added her recently on Facebook. Still no reply, I fear my name does not ring a bell or carry any meaning to her. We worked together about 6 years ago, she was 19 at the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
Aww!! Good luck buddy!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Go Find Her. You never know till you try.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Do all you can to somehow let her know your interested in her.
You only live once my friend...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As Dad used to say..
What's the worst that can happen... she say No?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ia reply to: Dark Ghost I agree with most of the posts. Definitely, let her know how you feel. But the other important part is to let it go after that.If you let her know that you are interested she will either respond to you or she won't. Just allow whatever happens and move on. Don't let the obsession occupy your mind which could cut you off from other possibilities. No one will be attracted to a guy that is moping about a lost potential love that you experienced 6 years ago and are still pining away for.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And the moral of this is don't fall in love with 19-year old girls you work with...unless it is obviously mutual. It happened to me twice, both 19 (something about 19?).

Listen to me: Don't tell her how you feel 6 years later...unless you want the Old Bill knocking on your door. Only women can get away with that; the man will feel flattered by the attention. If a man does it, he comes across as a creepy stalker.

The boat has sailed, my friend. Move on.

She's not thinking about you, trust me. You're just beating yourself up.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry but as a woman, I would find it a little creepy if a guy I worked with years ago (that I only worked with for a year and didn't even date or had any kind of relationship with) looked me up to try to start something.

Just being honest here. Don't be surprised if she doesn't want to have anything to do with you.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I hear you my friend... tricky situation and other members gave you some wise advice. If only Lauren felt the same way but that is most of the time an illusion residing in your mind. My advice would be, let her know..carefully and see where it goes.

If she will answer your feelings in a positve way you are lucky and can consider yourself a very very lucky man. You can not force someone to love you, so if not.... let her go and move on.

Good luck

top topics

join