It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goose follows Alberta forester's truck to water!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't know if this was already posted, i searched for it but couldn't find it, so here it goes.

Not a pet per say, but that fact turns this behavior even more special!

Source

Solo Canada goose followed Andre Bachman's truck for 10 kilometres to nearby lake

Forester Andre Bachman was driving his pickup along a country road near Edson, Alta., west of Edmonton, when he saw the goose flying overhead in the opposite direction.

Then, he noticed the bird turn and follow his truck.

Curious about the goose's behaviour, Bachman stopped and the goose landed right behind his truck.

Since the bird showed no inclination to fly away, Bachman decided to try leading it to water, and started driving to Shining Bank Lake, about 10 kilometres away.

I've seen goose's follow cars in the past, but never with this level of commitment... As if the goose is trying to communicate somehow. One think is for certain, this guy must have a real positive energy for this animal not feel threatened.

Good simple deeds like this make me smile.

Video:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I watched a docu about a bunch of film makers who spent months training geese to fly alongside vehicles like that

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I loved it, but it was probably a domesticated goose, hope it survives

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I watched a docu about a bunch of film makers who spent months training geese to fly alongside vehicles like that

I wish one would fly with my car. That would brighten my day

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Awwww, such a beautiful goose! I wonder why he is alone?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I have no idea, if i had to guess, i'd say he was probably to weak to follow the group he was in and was left behind.

Just a guess though.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Syllar

Further proving everything from Canada is nicer. Where I live the geese will come at you hissing trying to peck you if you get to close.
Great find!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Ahah, can't argue with that logic.

Good old Canada.

top topics

join