It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech issues in the UK!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: southbeach
I asked for a direct quote of this:

They've literally come out and SAID that if you don't respect the rule of law then you are an extremist.

But, contrary to the claim of that youtuber, Cameron did not say that "truthers" are extremists any more than he said that Muslims are terrorists.
www.gov.uk...

Stop spoiling a good story with facts and truth

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

So you fall for political ambiguity hook line and sinker eh?
No.

Seemingly you need a sworn written statement of intention + video confession before you even consider anything.
No. But when someone claims something is illegal I would like to see the law which makes it so.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Listen mate if you do not get the general direction of where this is going then sorry for you.

link   
a reply to: southbeach

Save your sympathy for someone who needs it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

Listen mate if you do not get the general direction of where this is going then sorry for you.

Amen to that.
Maybe he will get it one day. When he does it will hit like a ton of bricks though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It was of course said in jest.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So if I say anything bad about the government, the police will come to my house?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Maybe he will get it one day. When he does it will hit like a ton of bricks though.

Well if you could supply the information he is asking for then maybe he will, but refusing to prove your own premise for this thread isn't going to do that.

SO now what exactly in your videos shows this is actually happening as we speak...because as it has been shown your headline is wrong and posting a video that backs the fallacy of a headline doesn't prove this is really happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And some people would like to read the proof since they can not view the video.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

So if I say anything bad about the government, the police will come to my house?

If I was a betting man I would say no...but since I am not the answer is still no they won't.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: woodwardjnr

If I was a betting man I would say no...but since I am not the answer is still no they won't.

It depends on what is said.
The whole implementation of these policies is to facilitate a war on whistle blowers rather than it is to stop radical Islam from being given exposure via internet and media platforms.
So if he is calling Cameron a posh stuck up idiot then no the Police will not be knocking on the door but if he links evidence to the Government purposely lying to get us into a war then then that's a different story.
And if that is enough to be deemed an extremist then he will just be shut down and have to pass everything he has to say through their filter and if not that's where the illegality of it will rear it's head.
If you have to report everything you wish to say on social media account to the Police and you do not then there will be consequences and it will be deemed illegal that you did not go through their filter so you're freedom of speech is no more.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What happened did somebody tell the Queen to sod off and get head chopped off for it?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i live in the UK and i dont see this kind of thing happening, any law or legislation however that will ensure the government stops pandering to muslim fanatics, or those who carry placards stating " death to those who dont convert to islam" or those burning poppys on memorial day, or those chopping peoples heads off in broad daylight in the streets of london, or those trying to return to the UK after fighting with ISIS then im all for that legislation!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Mods, as the legislation that deems "free speech illegal" in the United Kingdom does not exist, please move the thread to the hoax bin where it belongs.

Exact wording of legislation that protects free speech in the United Kingdom has already been provided.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
also im wondering how the OP has a youtube channel, when hes making the types of videos so called "exposing the government" when by his own logic, he should have to be getting permission from the police...as stated...hung by his own petard so to speak
edit on 02/08/2015 by kellyjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well this thread is total nonsense. I live in the UK also and I see people on a daily basis posts negative stuff about the government and a lot of people in UK exercise their right to free speech against queen or government daily.

I sometimes wish people like Katie Hopkins would have that right removed but while I dislike her quite strongly, I also believe strongly in the freedom of speech. I have been to political rallies in Scotland against TTIP, government austerity & for Scottish independence. Everyone was exercising their right of free speech, it was peaceful and the police were there but only to keep the peace and no arrests were made.

If we find that political activists or journalists started to be targeted, you can be sure there would protests around the country. Even with the phone hacking scandals and the public outcry about it, everyone agreed that freedom of speech should be protected but oversight was needed to make sure criminal activity didn't go unchecked within the freedom of press.

So this thread is a fail in my opinion. It's just there for click bait and for tabloid readers who will take this sort of rubbish as fact. There is 0 evidence of fact in the OP and the refusal of the OP to back up his position with evidence just makes me think they're wanting hits to their channel.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay
also im wondering how the OP has a youtube channel, when hes making the types of videos so called "exposing the government" when by his own logic, he should have to be getting permission from the police...as stated...hung by his own petard so to speak

If he has not been branded an extremist then what you are saying makes no sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Edit - thread re-titled and reopened.
edit on 15/8/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

originally posted by: kellyjay

If he has not been branded an extremist then what you are saying makes no sense.

he claims that speaking out against the government, classes you as an extremist....therefor him speaking out against the government like in his video he surely would be classed as an extremist...yet hes not

ergo what he said is nonsense

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join