It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech issues in the UK!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TechUnique

You are worse then the daily fail for your headlines.
Phage asked you for proof and you refuse it.
Back things up with facts.

If you want facts, parliament is in summer recess until 7th of September.
No laws have been passed since the 27th of July.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You disagree with the government. You voice your opinion on said government. You are now classed as a domestic threat because of your free speech.

Yes, we know that's your claim.
edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You disagree with the government. You voice your opinion on said government. You are now classed as a domestic threat because of your free speech.

Yes, we know that's your claim.

They've literally come out and SAID that if you don't respect the rule of law then you are an extremist. This isn't just 'my claim' this has been publicly stated.

What about when the people writing the laws are criminal? David Cameron has even bunched conspiracy theorists together with terrorists. If you can't see the writing on the wall now then I fear you never will.

Come on now Phage.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
It doesn't need to have already happened to be possible. That's faulty logic. The legislation mentioned in the video paves the way for the silencing of people speaking the truth.

If you can't see that then you really aren't on the ball.

That's exactly it.
Basically shutting down the voice of dissent.
Cameron has been making speeches aligning 911 conspiracy theorists to terrorists or extremists and is putting it out into the public mindset that they are one and the same and must be silenced.
It's China in fancy dress.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

originally posted by: TechUnique
It doesn't need to have already happened to be possible. That's faulty logic. The legislation mentioned in the video paves the way for the silencing of people speaking the truth.

If you can't see that then you really aren't on the ball.

That's exactly it.
Basically shutting down the voice of dissent.
Cameron has been making speeches aligning 911 conspiracy theorists to terrorists or extremists and is putting it out into the public mindset that they are one and the same and must be silenced.
It's China in fancy dress.

Exactly!!
2nd.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No law. No legislation.
How does that make free speech illegal in the UK?

I concur buckaroo,

(pun intended).

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How does that make free speech illegal in the UK?

It doesn't. In fact they want people to freely convict themselves by speaking up against government policy, they are recording it all and it will be used as evidence against you, if need be.

Not you Phage, you're a good Roman.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

They've literally come out and SAID that if you don't respect the rule of law then you are an extremist.
Can you provide a direct quote, in context please? But yes. If you don't follow the law it does indeed make you a criminal in the context of the law.

Now, where is the text of the law/legislation which makes free speech illegal in the UK?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

They've literally come out and SAID that if you don't respect the rule of law then you are an extremist.
Can you provide a direct quote, in context please? But yes. If you don't follow the law it does indeed make you a criminal in the context of the law.

Now, where is the text of the law/legislation which makes free speech illegal in the UK?

I give up with you. Research it yourself if you're that keen on 100% proving every single shred of everything. I haven't got the time to be your personal mentor, sorry.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I give up with you. Research it yourself if you're that keen on 100% proving every single shred of everything.

I'm not the one trying to prove anything. You are.
You made the claim, not I.
You have provided no evidence to support your claim.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Censorship is a strange thing, we can write murder, kill, but not #, (s h i t ) its not the law but its still enforced

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Censorship is a strange thing, we can write murder, kill, but not #, (s h i t ) its not the law but its still enforced

It is not illegal to say it.
It is the policy of the owners of this website to censor it. This is not a matter of "free speech" nor does it have anything to do with the topic.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Better yet.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It does but you need to understand how things get started, it was just a simple example, things like this get started with small steps that dont seem connected till its too late, I not saying ATS is doing it ,its just an example.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The Humans Rights Act 1998 states:

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

Obviously it is legally word as to be open to interpretation and taken advantage of however at this moment in time only Hate Speech is deemed illegal enough to warrant arrest and imprisonment. The majority of speech is free if used responsibly.

edit on 15-8-2015 by Tindalos2013 because: I am the Doctor and I save people.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sorry if its already posted…

link to wiki on counter terrorism act 2015, UK

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: southbeach
I asked for a direct quote of this:

But, contrary to the claim of that youtuber, Cameron did not say that "truthers" are extremists any more than he said that Muslims are terrorists.
www.gov.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
BE happy when you are counted as a domestic threat AT LEAST you are helping to keep them in line a bit. AND, depennding on how they eventually word a public document on it,you are probably ihe majority in your country.
I must say when DHS labelled ME a POTENTIAL domestic terrorist I was both amused and rather pleased I could be such a thorn in their side simply by virtue of having been to a war.

edit on 15-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: southbeach
I asked for a direct quote of this:

But, contrary to the claim of that youtuber, Cameron did not say that "truthers" are extremists any more than he said that Muslims are terrorists.
www.gov.uk...

So you fall for political ambiguity hook line and sinker eh?

It would seem as though you need a sworn written statement of intention + video confession before you even consider anything. That's not how politics works my friend. You have to read in between the lines.

I understand your general confusion on such matters now.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sorry if its already posted…

Where's the part about speaking against the government being a crime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join