It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Speech issues in the UK!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now you don't even have to commit a crime to be harassed by the British police. Simply disagreeing with British foreign policy, and voicing your opinion about it can be enough to label you as an extremist. Once classified as an extremist you can then be forced to seek approval from the police before you can post a Facebook status or Tweet.

Although many will say this is just to combat terrorism, it is actually much bigger than that. This is a clear attack on freedom of speech and you can bet that in the coming years it will be used to attack journalists, political activists and whistleblowers.

Here is a short video I made on the subject.

If you appreciated the video please flag the thread so others can see.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

The title of this OP has been changed by staff to better reflect the content of the video linked, as Freedom of Speech is not illegal in the UK
edit on 15/8/15 by neformore because: Changed thread title from "Freedom of speech is now illegal in the UK"

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Then V for Vendetta is now officially a documentary.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can you provide the text of the law which has made free speech illegal in the UK?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
1984 is here just 31 years late.
They liked Orwell so much they made it their playbook.
There is nowhere to go now, no freedom not under the scrutiny of the state.
Endless oppression can only result in mass resistance.
Take heart, the more who are oppressed the better the odds of forcing change on the government.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Can you provide the text of the law which has made free speech illegal in the UK?

They're hardly going to point blank write a law that emphatically states the illegality of free speech. That's not how they get down Phage.

If the government hate what you are saying, even though(or even because) it is the truth, then they can make it a crime for you to publicly state your views. Ipso facto; freedom of speech is now illegal for that person.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good luck enforcing that. I bet they get bored before I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They're hardly going to point blank write a law that emphatically states the illegality of free speech. They're a lot more sly than that.

If there isn't a law, how can it be illegal?

If the government hate what you are saying, even though(or even because) it is the truth then they can make it a crime for you to publicly state your views.
If there isn't a law, how can there be a crime?

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Edit
edit on 15-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm with you, I don't believe it.

I'll need something more substantial.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Can you show examples? If a crime is happening there must be a law to do with that crime.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good coherent answer there...I guess.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Good coherent answer there...I guess.

Thanks bro.
Always a pleasure.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So thats a no?.
Maybe make your next video showing how we do not have seperation of Church and state next?.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
If the government hate what you are saying, even though(or even because) it is the truth, then they can make it a crime for you to publicly state your views. Ipso facto; freedom of speech is now illegal for that person.

Give us an example, please. Provide an example where someone has said a "truth" the UK govt "hates" and has then prosecuted them for a crime.

To be honest, I've always enjoyed my freedom here in the UK. I can publicly denounce my govt, my Queen and be allowed to do so.

The only time I have seen something "similar" to what you are scaremongering (and wrongly) about is when an Islamist extremist cleric or individual is calling for people in the UK to commit acts of violence. And too right -- they SHOULD be shut up and shipped out.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Chowdry got arrested last week I cheered

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There isn't a law is there? Just a speech that alludes to eavesdropping on everyone and recording everything they say at the Ministry of Truth.

Only the people that expose the government lies will find out what that means.

The real reason they left the definition of terrorism open ended is coming to light.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It doesn't need to have already happened to be possible. That's faulty logic. The legislation mentioned in the video paves the way for the silencing of people speaking the truth.

If you can't see that then you really aren't on the ball.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

It will be a hit and run thread like his others.
Just fishing for youtubers...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The legislation mentioned in the video paves the way for the silencing of people speaking the truth.

Please provide the text of the legislation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join