It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists declare that Octopuses are basically Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If an octopus evolved into a human-form, wouldn't it look similar to a Gray Alien with the big heads, smooth skin and black eyes?

Interesting

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Believe it or not but there was a movie in the 70's that featured a man/octopus.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: eisegesis

Amazing. This would indicate there is a thought process involved.

How did you get that from the paper?

A huge discovery was the ability of the octopus to improve on its own genetic code. This is common in humans and other animals, but the ability at which the octopus can edit its own RNA is pretty wild — they are able to adapt their nerves in order to withstand the extreme cold of the deep ocean.

From the link in the OP.

If the octopus did not have the ability to live in the extreme cold, it would either avoid it outright or die. Unless they were forced and their ability to adapt happened naturally, I'd like to believe the octopus took it upon itself to push further into the depths while understanding it would have to change itself in some manner to survive. Why go where you cant originally survive unless you had the ability to understand how to access it and make it useful to your survival?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So coincidental that there is an octopus on one of the Owls in the Owls are not what they seem thread. Those owls are chock-full-o symbolism.

The octopus on the owl, in question, is labeled "2nd" -- at first blush. HOWEVER upon taking a second look, it is ACTUALLY labeled "2n" whereas everything else is actually labeled "1st" and "2nd."

Octopus Owl

Owl is not what it seems

edit on 15-8-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
there was a species of flying squid discovered here in NZ just this week,quite big buggers too from the looks of the pic

www.fishing.net.nz...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Squid are not octopus.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

So coincidental that there is an octopus on one of the Owls in the Owls are not what they seem thread. Those owls are chock-full-o symbolism.

The octopus on the owl, in question, is labeled "2nd" -- at first blush. HOWEVER upon taking a second look, it is ACTUALLY labeled "2n" whereas everything else is actually labeled "1st" and "2nd."

Octopus Owl

Owl is not what it seems

And after taking a third look, it looks like there are 7 legs.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
oh im so sorry,glad you pointed that out all knowing one

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I want to believe at some point we could all heal ourselves with our minds, adapt to fluctuating temperatures and filter out toxins by simply inducing a state of mind.

We modify the expression of our DNA throughout our lifetimes. We pass on these changes to our young.
en.wikipedia.org...

I'd like to believe the octopus took it upon itself to push further into the depths while understanding it would have to change itself in some manner to survive. Why go where you cant originally survive unless you had the ability to understand how to access it and make it useful to your survival?

Humanity did that.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
And they taste really good too!

Food apart, I remember once snorkeling on a beach, and I saw one right below me, it was quite the scene! if you already feel in another world while diving, when you see one moving as smooth and stealthy as they come, they do feel alien and its like they are dancing!

Alongside dolphins, probably one of the smartest animals.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Alongside dolphins, probably one of the smartest animals.

Well, very smart for an invertebrate. The geniuses of the spineless world no doubt. But one of the smartest animals? Nope. My golden retriever is smarter than a tako.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This fast-moving enough for you?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
All animals are smart in my eyes, very smart. It's just about relativity. I think humans are just lucky to have evolved the way we did, with our fingers and all these loving tools we received. But many animals exhibit things that human can't quite figure out as well as they seem to have a much stronger connection to nature than we do. Sometimes I think earth is a life form and just we humans are AI here sent to ruin it, no other creature is even an eighth as destructive as we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I always knew there wasn't something quite right about those octopuses.

link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

But many animals exhibit things that human can't quite figure out as well as they seem to have a much stronger connection to nature than we do.
At first we had that same connection. But then we outsmarted nature. Fire 'n stuff. Shelter. Agriculture. Internet. ATS.

edit on 8/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I can't what the video, but based on the picture it sort of does look like a gray alien, but with extra arms.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Tasty alien

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
If an octopus evolved into a human-form, wouldn't it look similar to a Gray Alien with the big heads, smooth skin and black eyes?

Interesting

I've never seen an octopus or an alien, but I've often wondered if the people reporting alien abductions had recently visited an aquarium.

I also wonder if those octopus are smart enough to learn how to use a pencil.
edit on 16-8-2015 by chrisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

well of sure they even make art a cave was discovetrf yjat contained the vertebrata of whales that were fossilized they were all layed out to look like a ceplapod which means that long ago they created vanity and made the og bersion of the selfie.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Or their DNA is so different to any other animal on the planet they may as well be Aliens.
Scientists at the University of Chicago and the Okinawa Institute of Science took on the task of mapping the genome of the California two-spot octopus , now they have mapped the first genome and come up with some pretty impressive findings like octopuses can change their own RNA at will to cope with changing situations and they have 10,000 more genes than a human.

Octopuses are aliens — or, at least, so vastly different in their genetic makeup that they might as well be considered out of this world. Scientists recently sequenced the first genome in the Octopus Genome Project, a huge undertaking to map out the entire DNA structure of the complex cephalopod. What they found was simply incredible.
www.geek.com...

Maybe they actually are Aliens , Matt Groening called it !

Yes, aliens in the sense of being different to their predecessors and other species, having acquired a unique set of mutations.

Not aliens, in the sense of coming from somewhere else.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join