It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists declare that Octopuses are basically Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also consider one more thing...Im not sure how long an octopus lives but imagine if it had an education system and lived for 100 years....now imagine humans with no education system and us living 40 years (which im guessing is an octo's lifespan).

When I think of this it blows my mind...especially if they turned their attention away from survival and more to education like humans did at one point.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

THANKS but I saw it.
I don't hold their looks against them...it's just MY issues.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
Also consider one more thing...Im not sure how long an octopus lives but imagine if it had an education system and lived for 100 years....now imagine humans with no education system and us living 40 years (which im guessing is an octo's lifespan).

When I think of this it blows my mind...especially if they turned their attention away from survival and more to education like humans did at one point.

And we think they have a genetic memory system.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Im not sure how long an octopus lives

Not long. Not long at all.

The length of time that passes between hatching, reproduction and death varies among octopus species. Common octopuses, for example, may live only two years, while giant octopuses can live as long as three years but up to five years as long as they don't mate. The giant Pacific octopus may between three to five years in the wild.

animals.mom.me...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

octopoid life span is typically brief. three years or less. the females sacrifice thier life in the care of the nest and eggs. not eating and constantly cleaning the eggs, and aerating them and prepared to defend them at the cost of her waning life. generally the hatchlings find her dead.

though the giant cold water species such as found around seatle can live 27 years or so if i recall correctly.
edit on 15-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: gortex

Scientists declare that Octopuses are basically Aliens

I knew it! This just confirms my bias!

+1

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you...so change it up a bit then with my original statement...imagine if they did live as long as humans...the knowledge they could have access to and if you removed the threat of survival....idk I find the Octopus majestic...however im guilty of eating a few haha

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Octopi are so cool, I just wish they lived longer, then we'd have some intellectual competition. As is I'm positive they are as smart as us if not smarter, but due to their life span, their intelligence is ultimately irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

They are really neat creatures.

My cousin had one in his salt water aquarium. It was fun watching it stalk and attack fish. Until it was the only thing left alive in the tank, that is.

Poor thing committed suicide. Slid the glass cover off the tank and headed for the ocean one night. Didn't make it.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you think about it then it sounds logical . I mean look at the creature it's a perfect being to inspire from ,like to my guess it's used in movies as aliens and xmen and maybe others too.

Its intelligence also did not come from a seasnale ,I mean always finding out another creative way to attack prey ,not that it's difficult with such a big advantage as the natural cloak.

If I could cosmetically change something it would be having a cloak skin...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Our subaquatic brain, vertibrae, eyes and nervous system under construction, Octopuses are millions of years old.
It's highly likely our brain developed before the formation of our bodies, our limbs evolving more rigid over time from the pressures of gravity.
The morphology of man,a sub- aspect of evolution that Scientists can only theorize.
edit on 15-8-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
Octopuses are by far my favorite animal, if that's what they. I've always have been in awe of their intelligence. I believe they are the smartest creatures on this planet by far, besides humans of course but that's just a matter of time.

Why would you insult Octop(i) (odes) (uses) and attempt to call humans intelligent?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I wanted to defend my statement but then I thought about my interpretation of the human race. And now I feel kinda bad comparing octopuses to humans, maybe I should compare them with the exceptional few?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So, basically we are eating aliens when consuming Octopuses as food.

What about Squid?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iFloButta

I'd like to know how vastly different a true aliens DNA will one day look.

I don't think we should assume aliens would even have DNA. Their forms of life could be completely different, even at the cellular level. We're basically expecting Earth life on other planets.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
They should have been left in the dust of the primordial soup compared to humans.

L fkn O L

Science eat a slim jim, and chill.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: iFloButta

I'd like to know how vastly different a true aliens DNA will one day look.

I don't think we should assume aliens would even have DNA. Their forms of life could be completely different, even at the cellular level. We're basically expecting Earth life on other planets.

If DNA came before Earth,.......that means the primordial soup is like, not needed, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If DNA came before Earth

Did it?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Amazing. This would indicate there is a thought process involved.

How did you get that from the paper?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
they're incredible creatures - their camouflage and colour- changing ability is staggering. wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're aliens. the tentacles are a dead giveaway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join