It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney Stones vs Gall Stones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Which is more painful? I have never had Kidney Stones before, however, several years ago I did have Gall Stones. It was the worst pain that I ever felt in my entire life and I have been shot before with a .22 in my thigh area (accident) and was bitten by a Cottonmouth snake on my ankle.

Anyway, the pain was so bad I couldn't stand up straight. It radiated to my back and made my back hurt really bad too. I wanted to get into a fetal position. It was so bad that I wanted my dad to kill me...no joke. I was in so much pain that I wanted to be put out of my misery. I finally was rushed to the ER and they did a scan and found the stones..doped me up good and I got an appointment the next week to remove my gall bladder.

But for anyone who has had both, which was more painful? I've heard both ways...or that both are very similar.

I think people hit a pain threshold that is so bad that you crave being put of your misery. That is what I experienced and it scared me.

I can take a lot of pain, but if its pain in my stomach, nope. I cannot stand any sort of intense pain to my stomach area. I feel sorry for Women who go through labor.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Great, this was just the thread to start my morning. I think I have a small stone in my left side right this moment. I'm really hoping it dissolves and goes away and doesn't start killing me. I've never felt as intense pain as you describe, but I have been equally sick from a kidney issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Gallstones. Had kidney stones when I was younger. You dont want those either. But gallstones , yep the worst .

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've had neither. Keep my fingers crossed on that one.
I have experienced pain so intense that ending it all crossed my mind an option.
I woke up with an intense muscle spasm in my neck. At first I thought I had a knife stabbed into my neck.
I couldn't sit up in bed. I had to use a leg to drag myself off the bed. My head was hanging sideways and I could not lower my left arm.
It felt like my spine was being wrenched apart. I was in tears.
I got a ride to the ER.
The doctor felt the back of my neck and there was a charley horse the size of goose egg.
He said "Damn, I bet that hurts." left the room for a minute and came back and gave me a injection that sent me to la la land.
I had been having progressively worse neck problems for months.
Turned out to be wisdom teeth causing the problem. I had five growing in and one was pressing against the nerves of another. I got them pulled and have had no problems since.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Kidney stones if you pass them is worse then giving birth.
I passed out due to the pain first time I got one but have changed my diet so I don't get them much...about one a year.
I know what to do to break it down before it enters my wee tube.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The hospital robbed you of your gallbladder; a simple diet change could've cleared it up quickly and cheaply. Score one for malicious malpractice.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Are you kidding me?!
Men are wimps!!!!

Just kidding! LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lol check it put and yes women can take more pain then men. Thats why man flu is worse then woman flu

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well to be a complete topper, I had gall stones and kidney stones at the same time while I was 8 months pregnant! How about them apples? It landed me in the ER at the top of my pain threshold. I had no idea what was going on until they did an ultrasound and saw both organs filled with rocks. They ended up giving me morphine to get me through, and took out my gallbladder a few weeks later after my son was born. Right now I am dealing with stones again in both kidneys. Yay me!

As for which is worse, I think they are all equally bad in their own ways. Labor gives you quick breaks between the pain of contractions, but it is torture knowing it is just going to get worse and more frequent. Gall stones made me violently vomit and felt like a knife was stuck in my abdomen. Kidney stones suck because they feel like something is ripping at your insides and can keep you from peeing at all which totally sucks, especially since they have you drink lots of liquids. So that's my 2 cents on the issue.....

~OkieDokie

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OkieDokie

Lemon juice followed by a shot of olive oil.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Thanks boymoney, my husband already tried to kill me with that concoction lol He also threw in some apple cider vinegar for good measure. I am letting the pros handle things this time around

~OkieDokie

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I got this information through meditation. I have a gall stone and it has helped me to drink a glass of tonic water every day as it contains kinin (Edit:Quinine) which helps my liver and gall bladder somehow. The pain is less now than before.

Edit:
Correction, I drink a glass of Tonic Water with Quinine every day.

-MM
edit on 15-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
Well to be a complete topper, I had gall stones and kidney stones at the same time while I was 8 months pregnant! How about them apples? It landed me in the ER at the top of my pain threshold. I had no idea what was going on until they did an ultrasound and saw both organs filled with rocks. They ended up giving me morphine to get me through, and took out my gallbladder a few weeks later after my son was born. Right now I am dealing with stones again in both kidneys. Yay me!

As for which is worse, I think they are all equally bad in their own ways. Labor gives you quick breaks between the pain of contractions, but it is torture knowing it is just going to get worse and more frequent. Gall stones made me violently vomit and felt like a knife was stuck in my abdomen. Kidney stones suck because they feel like something is ripping at your insides and can keep you from peeing at all which totally sucks, especially since they have you drink lots of liquids. So that's my 2 cents on the issue.....

~OkieDokie

OMG that sounds god AWFUL. Pregnancy + gall + kidney stones all at once? /shoots self

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I've had kidney stones multiple times in the past. I was blaming them on a bad back I have, from falling off the scaffold twenty five years ago. When I actually felt what they felt like, I concluded that some of the times I blamed my back I was mistaken. After seeing the stones fly in the toilet, I figured it out. I reduced my consumption of oxylate foods and they don't bother me so much anymore. Oxylates are not heat stable so making sure to cook things well helps to keep them from forming. Other foods stimulate the formation of the stones, I now watch not to overconsume those foods.

My wife had gallstones and had to have her gall bladder removed and adjusted her diet to make up for not having a gall bladder.

I know someone who was told she had to have her gall bladder removed but she drank a concoction of lemon and something else and her gall bladder problems went away. Now she runs the treatment about once a year for maintenance purposes for a couple of days. It has been three years now and everything is working fine. That is just one case, some people might need the surgery, it is up to oneself if they want to try that first. She was scheduled for surgery in three days and canceled the surgery temporarily when it cleared up after the second day of the concoction. She later cancelled the surgery all together.. After two weeks she went in for some kind of a scan and it showed all the stones were dissolved. The doctor was kind of impressed from what she said.

End of story, will this work for everyone? Definitely not, but it will work for some people.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Lol check it put and yes women can take more pain then men. That's why man flu is worse then woman flu

No, we just push ourselves harder because it is expected of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I passed out due to the pain first time I got one but have changed my diet so I don't get them much...about one a year.
I know what to do to break it down before it enters my wee tube.

Research "Queen of the Meadows" tea. Amazing stuff. Another old home cure the doctors will not tell you about,,,,

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Are you kidding me?!
Men are wimps!!!!

Just kidding! LOL

except that many women who are mothers (natural birth) had stated that the movement of a kidney stone from kidney to bladder was much more painful then the actual birth process

not saying it is right for all....but this is what other women have said

Now as a one-timer for both gall stones and kidney stones....I felt much much worse with the kidney stone. Don't get me wrong the gall stones sucked....but as my old doctor said when I found mine in a CT scan of an unrelated body part, "the stone could dissolve and pass and you won't even know it, or it will pass and be a pain that makes you believe in hell"

My kidney stone was 12 hours of the worst hell I have ever been through

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Gum Turpentine eats the hydrocarbons that build around the calcium and forms some of the stones. also limonene is a major component of turpentine which is in the lemon also the citrate is effective in the lemon.

asparagus and turmeric are very good for stones as well apparently.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I have had several kidney stones, the only way I can describe the pain is its analogous to if someone took a hot piece of charcoal and planted it in your abdomen. Mine was so bad I started getting dry heaves before it even lodged, then I was in pain for 3 days straight and the only relief was vicodin 24/7 until it finally passed. I did learn how to avoid them however:

1. Drink LOTs of water. 2.5 liters a day is recommended.
2. drink orange or lemon juice weekly, the citric acid helps keep stones from forming.
3. DO NOT drink coca cola. As soon as I quit drinking it I have been stone free for 8 years
4. Limit intake of red meat, chocolate, and green leafy vegetables. If you do eat these things, make sure you drink a lot of water after.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: Bloodydagger

green leafy vegetables. If you do eat these things, make sure you drink a lot of water after.

If you drink some cranberry juice it will help with the control of various factors involved with the development of stones.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
do not remove dark leafy veg out of your diet there are very little nutritious products available to day and this is one that is quite high in the stuff we need to keep us healthy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join