It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election 2016 What Will Happen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Eight years ago people were worse off than they had been, the eight years prior, due to government.

More people are now worse off than they were, eight years ago, due to government.

So people will, once again, return to the polls, and elect someone who will continue to make things worse, so people will vote for them to help them, even though they (government) were the ones who made it worse in the first place.

Government has no plans to reduce spending.

Social security is all but gone.

The welfare state is growing.

Class warfare is increasing.

Government has been the source of of the problems.

Government, bigger government, more government, is not the solution.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You like to pull these wide sweeping statements out of your ... ears.

You don't rely on facts, your posts rely on emotions and snide sarcasm, some small factor of humor.

I provided facts above; you provide doom-and-gloom.

You're free to parade your opinions, but you're part of the problem of perpetuating pure politics instead of solutions.

In lieu of truisms (at best like "bigger government is not the solution") what IS the solution?

What is A solution?

What would you do on the first day of a Beezer Presidency?
edit on 9Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:03:42 -050015p092015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

A Beezer presidency? Carrots all around!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Solutions?

You simply want 8 more years of the same.

I don't.

Obamacare is a tax. It has increased.
Practically one third of the nation is not working. The highest in 30-40 years.

I know you embrace government and everything it has to offer. I get that. You want a nanny-state. I get that.

You support class warfare. I get that.

There are a very small number of us that do not want that.

But don't worry. You and the supporters of a big massive government are winning and will continue to win.

Of that, I have no doubt.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'd never get elected.

My solutions aren't popular.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Of course, now you tell me what I want, what I believe, what I am.

More deflection, more prevarication, more BS (that's "bunny stuff" in your case.)

If you're concerned about a reduction in American productivity, talk to your Republican buddies who have offshored most of the American economy.

You don't know that I embrace government, we've had multiple "discussions" of this over the years. You're lying everytime you repeat these silly accusations that you know aren't true.

You're doing what you always do ... you're trying to define what others are and what they do as a mere aspect of your agenda, which you rinse and repeat, post and repost.

So, I'll ask again ... what is YOUR solution to any of these problems? And not just "less government" ... offer a plan.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'd never get elected.

My solutions aren't popular.

Try us. What are your solutions?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You're doing what you always do ... you're trying to define what others are and what they do as a mere aspect of your agenda, which you rinse and repeat, post and repost.

So, I'll ask again ... what is YOUR solution to any of these problems? And not just "less government" ... offer a plan.

You've done quite well with insults in the past, don't play innocent.

I have many solutions but this is not the forum for such. I've been warned too many times recently, and if I'm to be banned, it won't be because of a discussion with you.

My election prediction still stands that it'll be Hillary because she's bought and paid for the oval office.

People have become weak.

They'll believe anything a politician tells them (see "hope and change")

They'll buy the Hillary line and vote her in, or even if they don't, she'll get in.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I've never insulted you. I've told you the truth about the manipulative games you play in posts, and you don't like it.

I'm sorry you're typically outside the T&C in your posts. There are easy ways to correct that of course.

Despite the doom-and-gloom, the United States and the world are still here.

2008, if Obama is elected, we'll be in a totaliarian state in 4 years.

2012, if Obama is re-elected, yada yada tyranny yada

2015, if a Democrat is elected, we'll be in a totalitarian state .... rinse and repeat.

I have faith in the American people. Yes, there are a lot of us that don't always use our heads, and vote against our own self-interests.

But I choose not to let the TPTB take away my belief in hope; I refuse to let a belief in change become a dirty word.

2016 will reflect the will of the People. No matter whether we like it, or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

He doesn't have to tell us that. Your posts have told us plenty. You reveal yourself with everyone you make. Getting indignant when he lays it out for you is deflection.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He doesn't have to tell us that. Your posts have told us plenty. You reveal yourself with everyone you make. Getting indignant when he lays it out for you is deflection.

Enough about me; please get back on topic.

(ETA: And please dispense with the "forum gang" techniques, while you're at it.)

What do you think of Election 2016?
edit on 9Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:33:19 -050015p092015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChairmanMeow
I'm predicting one of these three candidates to win, Carly Fiorina, Rubio, or Kasich.?

I doubt it. Republicans have a history of making the conservative (not conservative politically) mainstream, big name selection.

Bush one and two, Dole, McCain, Romney.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Political campaigns have become beauty contests.

They all just say what the judges (us) want to hear in order to win.

They have the sincerity of a hooker, the integrity of a Hollywood talent agent, and the general intelligence of a Kardashian.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think it's way too early to tell. Howard Dean was a phenomena at this point as was John Edwards and Gary Hart. We had Herman Cain and Rick Perry who made their surges for a bit.

People surge early and then fall down. I'd be far more concerned that this was the shape of things if we were going into convention season with the real vote this November, but that's more than a year away.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Carnac the Magnificent predicts what the right will say:

If a Republican wins presidency in 2016 it will show how bad Obama was and the people have spoke.
If a Democrat wins presidency in 2016 then the election must have been clearly rigged.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think it's way too early to tell. Howard Dean was a phenomena at this point as was John Edwards and Gary Hart. We had Herman Cain and Rick Perry who made their surges for a bit.

People surge early and then fall down. I'd be far more concerned that this was the shape of things if we were going into convention season with the real vote this November, but that's more than a year away.

I absolutely agree! Scott Walker was a firework, Trump's already starting to tire ... Hillary looks like she needs a long vacation ... Bernie (while I like him personally more than most) is just going to explode into a thousand little pieces one of these days from his passion ...

I still think there's a dark horse running our way ... that we haven't really seen yet.

Dark horse, black swan ... either one.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Carnac the Magnificent predicts what the right will say:

If a Republican wins presidency in 2016 it will show how bad Obama was and the people have spoke.
If a Democrat wins presidency in 2016 then the election must have been clearly rigged.

The scenario is not a new one, sadly.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChairmanMeow

"Thoughts? Other Predictions?"

My best guess is a whole lot of eligible voters will stay home; so many that the winner will unlikely be able to claim much in the way of a "mandate" to do much of anything. The result?
1) The Electoral College will be trashed out of existence or a work around it will be pushed through.
2) A Mandatory Voting law will be passed such that all eligible voters will be faced with fines or misdemeanor convictions if they don't vote going forward.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't think there will ever be mandatory voting laws.

Politicians could care less what the electorate has to say.

If we had mandatory voting laws, the political scenery would be quite different.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Oh, I'm not sure Walker is done yet, but right now, Trump, Fiorina, Carson are the big names with Cruz in there too. People like the perceived outsiders. That's what they all have in common, and even though Cruz isn't technically an outsider, the establishment hates him with a passion and that's widely known which is where he gets in. Rubio had that outsider mojo once and promptly lost it when he went to Washington and proved he could "ply nice with others." Rand Paul hasn't caught on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join