It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Uncensore Women's Breasts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Hear hear...set them free !!!!!!

Freeeeedom !!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

A woman's chest is a weapon.

Far greater than you or I have fell for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iunlimited491

ok - but just because scientists say girls like to admire each others rack
(that's pretty hot btw) doesn't necessarily mean it's grounds for "uncensoring" them. LOL. :Sometimes it's better to leave things to the imaginationham:

That's what she said, wait.... never mind, let's hope she never said that.
edit on 15-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You had me at the title. Please continue...
(gets smacked in the head by she who shant be named)

Umm, on second thought, no. Before we start deciding how women should dress, perhaps we should let them decide? There are plenty of nudist camps & other locations where women can walk around bare chested if they like. And you might not have noticed this, but many societies, particularly in the West, highly promote women who like to bare their chests on film and in pictures. Many major cities & beaches around the world allow public nudity, too.

However, it turns out that most women don't actually like to show their chests in public. The vast majority of women actually seem to hate wearing revealing bikinis and bathing suits in the presence of strangers or people who aren't close to them. In other words, they choose to cover themselves up for personal reasons.

Many religions have teachings encouraging them to cover themselves, as well. But what many people tend to overlook is that women followers of these religions choose to follow them. So women are choosing to conceal their chests for their own reasons, and seem to have no problem with religions that they agree with on the matter.

Also, women are usually a lot harder on other women than men are. So, much of the social backlash about them revealing their chests in public is coming from other women. Like wives, girlfriends, sisters, mothers, grandmothers, their female rivals, etc. And this doesn't even touch the safety issue of having strangers staring & videotaping daughters and other females in our families (and the men like me who will be furious if I caught someone taping their nude chests).

tl;dr There are numerous ways to see what you want to see. But don't try to convince women to reveal themselves just because it makes sense to you.
edit on 15-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: grrr! stop asking or else! grrr!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

originally posted by: Kromlech
YES, let's do!

...Where's the pics?

And that is the very reason why we can't accept women's chests as normal. Stop sexualizing something that's natural and normal. They're just breasts.

Ghost

It's kinda interesting that in a LETS EXPOSE WOMENS BREASTS FOR FREEDOM THREAD! That I've only seen what appears to be one woman comment, so basically what we have here is a bunch of dude talking about seeing boobs for women's rights! Further you go on to criticize sex or anything having to do with sex tsk tsk. I'm wondering If you have actually ever seen a woman's breasts. Jeez man grow up don't be ten years old, everything isn't sexual but the things that are, aren't bad either! Stop policing peoples thoughts!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

originally posted by: Kromlech
YES, let's do!

...Where's the pics?

And that is the very reason why we can't accept women's chests as normal. Stop sexualizing something that's natural and normal. They're just breasts.

Ghost

I kind of like that they're sexualized?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Here is a woman's comment. No for two reasons.

1. I don't want to expose myself to men with the mentality that I have seen in the majority of the reply's in this thread.

2. It's uncomfortable as hell to walk around without support. I would rather wear an uncomfortable bar than deal with the back ache of going without.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Yea, I don't Blame you at all. Find the idea of men talking about exposing women's breasts for freedom rather humorous though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The downside of walking around bare chested would be the massive amount of judgement, shaming, harassment etc. So if breasts become normalised, they should first become normalised among the average populace which sadly won't happen without brave women pioneering and taking the first wave of idiotic responses, idiocy, harassment and potential violence. But generally speaking: I don't get the obsession and fear either. It's just a normal body part, almost all women have them, they're not dirty, gruesome or evil.

One thing that I wonder about: In anthropological documentaries or holiday shows and such (that are also shown on tv) you can sometimes see the a certain tribe where all women walk around bare chested (often, actually) and censoring that would be of course ridiculous and perhaps disgusting, but still: if we trust that people can look at these people's breasts without some awful consequence, then WHY the obsession and fear regarding western women's breasts?

edit on 15-8-2015 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As a female, I support and don't have much of a problem with this. As already mentioned, no bra support can be an issue for many.

However, our(USA) society is chaste in that the context of nudity in public would probably take some time to sort out. At least outside of certain areas that may have allowed or allow toplessness(my county used to). While It's an ongoing norm with pop stars and celebrities. There's more to consider than just going and doing it if it "became legal".

Maturity wise: Often there's stories going through social media where women are shamed, on the beach, for wearing bikinis exposing parts/skin that society considers unsightly and right to comment on; "mommy tummy" and cellulite. Nudity may bring about more of that, shying away people from participating publically.

Sexual: Is acceptance going to cause unfavorable reactions if sexual attraction comes into play.

Business: The bikini barristers for example: IMO in food preparation(or drink) appropriate clothing should be adhered for safety reasons. Maybe a server, not someone preparing it, sans bikini top if that was a thing for the shop would be different.

Overall, yeah, it's a bit more complex that the opposite makes it out to be.
edit on 15-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: ,

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If everyone exposed them then they would not be deemed sexual objects.. There are still places in the Pacific where tops are optional anywhere the ladies go Why do you think some men from the Mid-East attack women who are uncovered and rape them with the excuse they could not control themselves or their religion commands such B.S... Stay in the Mid-east for any length of time and you will hear," Wow did you see her hands; they were beautiful"! Many countries have beaches which are "Tops optional" and even a few where anything or nothing is permitted.. Yep the saunas in Germany are very civilized and after the first few moments of no clothes everything is just hard to understand why some countries are so hung up on the human form.

The showing of an ankle or a hand had the same "turned on" results in many European countries not all that long ago.... Puritans... So on the one side keep them covered and considered a sex object.... or expose them and no one would care...after awhile... except for the many stuck in some 14th century time warp...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Women should be allowed by law to be topless if they so wish, just like men are, without the fear of being charged with some form of gross indecency.

Boobs will remain sexy, just like mens chests are to women.

Legs in my opinion are far sexier, maybe they should be covered too?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I never got it, either. Nipples are nipples, right? Men and women both have them; just like navels. Speaking of navels, there was a time when they were censored, too. In fact, on the show I Dream of Jeannie Barbara Eden wasn't allowed to show hers. Weird, huh?

That said, there are some boobs that I really do not want to see.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My wife stares at boobs more than I do. Comments, too.

Silly feminists.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

human female breasts ARE sexualised - look at all other primates // mammals the human breast is NOT required for lactation .

its a secondary sexual characteristic - google that < you might actually learn something

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Women should not be allowed to show their ankles.
Women should not be allowed to show their legs.
Women should wear enough clothing to keep their derriere from showing.
Women should keep their head covered.
Women should cover their face.
Women should be covered from head to toe.
All of these debates have been had throughout history. Anyone notice a pattern here? How about men(and women) stop dictating what women need or do not need to wear or not wear. How about if women are treated as equals, and sex is no longer dirty? How about we remove all the worlds religions from gender and sexuality?

There is nothing wrong with being attracted to women's breasts, or any other part of her. It's called nature. Women and men are attracted to each other. If American's(among others) were mature enough, and practiced the gender equality they preach, this wouldn't even be a discussion. There's a time and a place for everything. It comes down to practicality. There are places that clothing just makes sense. Breastfeeding shouldn't be an issue anywhere, except for places where it just isn't practical. etc. etc.

There are cultures throughout history that didn't have any more problem with a woman walking down the street topless, than they did a man. And she received just as much respect as a man. There is nothing wrong with "sexualizing" the female or male body parts. Surprise! We are a very sexual species. It's part of who we are! Get over it, grow up, and this topic won't be such an issue any more.
edit on 8/15/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ok. Set them free.
But they can't get mad if men are looking at their chest.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The main point is that it should not be illegal. If men can walk around shirtless there is no legal reason to charge women with a crime for doing the same thing. Yet in many/most jurisdictions it is still illegal. That's the problem, and it should be addressed and handled (no pun intended) on national levels in the court system.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

Women should be allowed by law to be topless if they so wish, just like men are, without the fear of being charged with some form of gross indecency.

Boobs will remain sexy, just like mens chests are to women.

Legs in my opinion are far sexier, maybe they should be covered too?

topless is against-the-rules in places with signs/ordinances notifying the public...

but a female is not considered 'top-less' if she wears Pasties covering the nipples in many places not posting signs and citing ordinances...

the ACLU needs a prodding to uphold rights

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The main point is that it should not be illegal. If men can walk around shirtless there is no legal reason to charge women with a crime for doing the same thing. Yet in many/most jurisdictions it is still illegal. That's the problem, and it should be addressed and handled (no pun intended) on national levels in the court system.

It has been gradual, but it is happening. A lot of women have been arrested fighting for this right, and I think they deserve the same respect we give to those women who fought for women's right to vote and hold public office(Women's suffrage).

The green colored states are those where top freedom is in effect.
The orange colored ones have amibiguous state laws on the matter.
The red colored ones are the ones where the mere showing of the female breast in public is illegal according to state law.

In the USA, though the majority of states are top-free, some cities in those states have passed (unconstitutional) ordinances that annul the state's top free statute.

In Canada, the law on public decency is found in Sections 173 and 174 of the Criminal Code. However, what constitutes an indecent act is not defined, and is open to interpretation by the courts. Topfreedom is allowed in Ontario, Sasketchawen and British Columbia following specific court cases on the matter but the case for topless equality has not been heard by the Canadian Supreme Court yet.

Link
edit on 8/15/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join