It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Explosions rip through Texas chemical plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

CONROE, Texas — A fire that followed several explosions at a Texas chemical plant has led to a shelter-in-place order Friday for nearby residents.

Firefighters took about two hours to bring the fire under control at the DrillChem plant on the eastern fringe of Conroe, about 40 miles north of Houston.

The shelter in place was issued for anyone within a 2-mile radius of the plant. Firefighters also advised residents to turn off their air conditioners and keep doors and windows closed.Thick black smoke could be seen from miles away.

There was no immediate word of injuries.

The fire followed an explosion at the plant on Loop 336 near Hwy 105, according to Conroe police. (Photo: AIR 11)

Breaking: Explosions rip through Texas chemical plant

Not much info. After the Chinese explosion, this one's timing is pretty wierd.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

That's for sure. The coincidence is just alone spooky.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A video of the fire following the explosion:

edit on 14/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... Lets hope that the black smoke cloud is full of those "safe" chemicals and nobody gets ill.

Still, sad stuff. Doesn't look like a very large facility by the video, if you can watch it without the squeal getting to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Now all of a sudden, we have chain explosions in 2 chemical storage units across the world. I really hate coincidences.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The plant made fluids and lubricants for oil field drilling. Hopefully not a lot a real toxic stuff.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Seems like a weak response from China if it is a revenge attack. Perhaps it didn't go off as planned.

More realistically it's an accident. Just a coincidence.
edit on 14-8-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Seems like a weak response from China if it is a revenge attack. Perhaps it didn't go off as planned.

Not necesarily. A revenge attack depends on the vweakness and vulnerabilities of your enemy. If the US does not have much weak spots, you dont have much options, you do the best that you can, as a sign that you can hit back if you chose to.

And yes, it could very well be a coincidence. But back to back explosions at two chemical units, one in China and the other in the USA. Two countries in the midst of a cyber war and maybe even an economic one.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Wow. That's close to me according to google maps: 22 miles away/ 27 min drive( googles lies lol, the traffic on that road at times will double your drive time). 105 is a major route for a lot of Texans and 18-wheelers, etc.... I hope no one was fatally injured from this explosion and hope everyone stays safe. Sounds like the autorities have it in control already according to KHOU:

www.khou.com...

I have to agree the best coarse of action if highly dangerous chemicals are involved is to let it burn out the toxic stuff, at certain flash-points/temps some chemicals will vaporize so in some cases letting it burn out can actually be safer than trying to put it out. After this is achieved they can foam it and clean up. They have all the MSDS's(Material Data Safety Sheet/s) so they know the temps for all the involved chemicals.

All the roads are back open as well, thank you for making this thread Op.

I would like to know what caused the explosion, have they said yet???

UPDATE:

According to Conroe Fire Marshal Mike Legoudes, no fatalities or injuries have been reported from the explosion. That's great news, and he also said "It's unknown what caused the explosion, but an investigation is underway." So maybe by tomorrow we will know what caused the explosion today.

edit on 14-8-2015 by BlessedLore because: Update

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

After the Chinese explosion, this one's timing is pretty wierd.

The timing is not weird at all . Nope ,not even spooky.

Think of the Universe as a dynamicly balancing system.
Sort of like a tight rope walker who is ever mindful of his balance.
If he starts to fall to one side he, will immediately correct by shifting
weight in the oppossite direction.

So how does Universe react to a big explosion in China?
It tries to counter-balance with explosions on the other side of the planet.
Unfortunately, I think there are a few more explosions to happen before
that whopper blast in China is balanced out.

See, the thing is ,that stasis- like balance is never realised, and I don't
really think that is the intent of Universe anyway.

The pendulum will always swing........

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I agree

Just funny to see explosions back to back in the news.

edit on Friday201505314383109America/Chicago14 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe a copycat wannabe did it.

That is where my head goes with the strange coincidence.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

When I saw the videos of the Chinese explosion, my first thought was "well that has to give terrorists some ideas..."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

My first thought was that they used a similar excuse in Transformers

Interesting side note, DrillChem is a Christian company, very Christian apparently.

Their company motto is #winning lmfao

At least one very toxic material per abc
edit on 14-8-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

abc

or example, one product is called Drill-Lube. It's described as an "emulsified blend of synthetics alcohols." It's flammable, but not considered a hazard by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Another product called First Strike helps replace sand. It's also not considered a hazard by the EPA, but exposure can result in nausea, diarrhea, as well as eye and skin irritation.

Another chemical the company produces is called Surf-Coat, which is a drilling additive. It is very flammable and can cause irritation to the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath.

There is one product we found, however, that company's own documents call "very toxic." It's a course dark powder that aids in shale drilling and is described as a potential carcinogen. It contains crystalline silicate. That means if large concentrations of this are inhaled, damage to the lungs is possible.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Revenge attack? More like another conspiracy we are secretly being attacked by aliens. Anyways it wouldn't be considered weak if you look at what the chemicals do. Just like a nuclear plant having an explosion.

I mean China's explosion was huge, but the amount of casualty made it seem weak. Now this plant blew up, if there are more death through chemical poisoning that makes this much worst. Especially when you already have to clean up the chemicals.

Just look at Fukushima. Japan suffered big time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Interesting side note, DrillChem is a Christian company, very Christian apparently. 

Their company motto is #winning lmfao 

Lol now they're loosing..

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
New explosions and fire in Tianjin send smoke into the sky

Breaking on BBC: China orders evacuation of blast area

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
News of these stories are reported only briefly and forgotten by the media, which sells enormous numbers of ads to the oil companies and other environmentally dangerous businesses, that attempt to present themselves as environmentally friendly.

The truth can and is bought and sold in the commercial media.

The lies are repeated over and over again in an attempt to indoctrinate those with heads in the sand.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The world doesn't operate on 1 big timeline.
At various places in the world people in different locations are being hugged, kissed, ripped off and murdered..it doesn't mean any of those events are related and I have never understood people that want to see some tie in because events happen in a time line close to each other..

Chemical or flammable things and places have blown up multiple times before and it will happen again. Unless you have some tangible information saying otherwise their is nothing spooky about two sepearate unrelated events taking place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join