It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving in the rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is Seattle. It rains on occasion. Drivers should be used to it, and a little drizzle shouldn't completely shut down the freeway.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i live in kansas...haha when it rains here, people's speed seems to decrease from 40 to 15 its SO irritating.
edit on 14-8-2015 by blondegiraffe because: clarity

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I live in California.

What is that wet stuff all over your car ?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Rant away brother, I am right there with ya!

Can't stand it!

Also second WhyamIhere's comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Lived on Vancouver Island for 6 years. I get you. 4" of snow. That's a "shut down".
Rain is a way of life. Even that stiletto drizzle that can penetrate any clothes.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm lovin it, it's coming down pretty good here in Shoreline. Although the thunder teasers are getting annoying. Why can't we ever get some loud booms for a straight hour or so?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Freaking weird right? I've been seeing lightning flashes since last night and the thunder is pathetic if you even hear it. Also WTF did they do to 99 over by you? It's like a construction war zone.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I live in KC and when anything that remotely resembles moisture is in the air it brings out two kinds of people, the ones who think they should drive about 10 to 15 under the speed limit and the ones think they should drive faster. The problem is that no one can agree on which lane they should be doing it in unlike on a normal day, so chaos ensues.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Four inches is being generous (trying oh so hard not to make a joke about that [or that]).

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Freaking weird right? I've been seeing lightning flashes since last night and the thunder is pathetic if you even hear it. Also WTF did they do to 99 over by you? It's like a construction war zone.

I'm not sure what the heck their working on but it's getting on my nerves. I start work at 12 and I live in Bothell which only takes 15 min to Shoreline but if I don't leave by at least 11 then it takes dam near an hour with all the stupid traffic, plus the day never fails without some idiot wrecking on the freeway and of course everyone has to stop and look which makes things even slower. It's been a nightmare lately.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think it's like that everywhere, man. It happens when it rains and when it snows. People forget how to drive. You have my sympathies.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I hear ya. I'm in Mill Creek and it's just terrible everywhere lately. I really wish they would focus more energy into completing projects one at a time or something.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Although we don't have anything that approximates "traffic" in your world, we do know rain. God-faucets -- the sudden, unexpected colossal downpour that overwhelms your wipers at their highest setting. I guess it's a function of "island time" --- most of us pull over into somebody else's driveway and call our spouses and expound about the rain. "It's sure to flood in Boddentown! The airport is going to be a MESS! I'm going to pick up Mickey Dee's on the way home, screw this mess!" Yeah, we flood quickly.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Can we have some of that in Eastern Wash. area. It's so dry we're literally burning down on this side. So far the small amount of rain came with lightening that caused more fires.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I would not be caught dead in the rain in my car. It would turn into a powerful white bobsled with the tires I have lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I'm lovin it, it's coming down pretty good here in Shoreline. Although the thunder teasers are getting annoying. Why can't we ever get some loud booms for a straight hour or so?

there's always youtube [I like this one because it has some other sounds blended in - crows - owls - church bells ]

it's more realistic if you can get it up on your TV and stereo - couple of creepy images though..

or download it... www.virtualdreamer.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Drive it like you stole it..............my motto anyways!!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I do when I can. Had some fun today on backroads.

join