It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click it or Ticket... Or WORSE?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: greencmp
Shoot by that logic we should be able to do what ever we want.

Drive down the freeway at 100, a law against that would be totalitarian too.

Seat belt laws are for everyone, they save the tax payer medical cost for those that decided health insurance is a bad idea as well.

That is correct.

Why would I be concerned about taxpayer medical costs that shouldn't exist?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
a reply to: bringmecoffee

I drive I-10 for 14 miles every morning and can usually count 10 - 20 people pulled over in that short amount of time/distance.

The lives saved are getting hard to count.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Doesn't Texas require that a motorcyclist have certain level of health insurance if they don't wear a helmet?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just another law pushed by insurance companies. I always buckle up, I don't need a law to tell me that. Anyone that does probably shouldn't be in the gene pool anyway.

But I have yet to see a cop pull over a school bus or city bus and write out tickets. No seat belts there, just a steel bar about mouth high.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

But I have yet to see a cop pull over a school bus or city bus and write out tickets. No seat belts there, just a steel bar about mouth high.

Good point, I forgot about that also.
MONEY GAME RACKET!
edit on 8/14/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
a reply to: myartisstrong

If traffic laws were just about "sweet, sweet money", don't you think that a lot more people would be getting tickets? I mean, every minor infraction can be enforced. People would lose their minds if that were the case. That traffic law book is a thick sumbitch!

They did this with photo radar in many areas and it didnt work out. If you ticket people too much they begin to outrage. So there is a set amount [of money] you can pull from the demographic before it causes outrage, they probably have metrics for how much they are allowed to tap into the reserves.

Studies have been done showing that some posted speed limits are unsafe, that in fact, 10MPH is safer than the posted limit, meaning that if you want to be safe, you should be speeding, and those are highly ticketed areas.

This isn't a new thing.

If this was entirely about safety the money would be collected and diverted back into safety programs only, but instead, no matter how genuine the initial push for safety was, politics gets involved and the next thing is it becomes a monetary tool for a police force looking to increase its budget.

Thats just how things work.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

It's for your own good, don't you know?

This is the face of totalitarianism.

I hate seat belts.

But, if you loose control of your car ---- you endanger others.

Laws have to be looked at ---- beyond ones self.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
They most likely did studies and to the society as a whole, the burden on the health system is the least when you wear a seatbelt and also the least when you do not wear a helmet for the simple fact of high fatality.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I hate seat belts.

I love seat belts, that's not the issue.

The issue is where does it end?

Where can it end?

Where will it end?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I hate seat belts.

Where can it end?

Where will it end?

Probably ends at "click it" ---- the life you save may not be yours.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I hate seat belts.

Where can it end?

Where will it end?

Probably ends at "click it" ---- the life you save may not be yours.

Probably.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
Here is what I think:

If you want to endanger YOUR life by not wearing a seat belt, go right ahead. But don't endanger MY life when you come flying out the window straight at me or any innocent bystander.

I think it's more than reasonable to get stopped and fined than losing your life as an innocent bystander minding your own business. IMO

Get out out here with your logic, the circlejerk must go on! /s

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

the indigent drivers fund. dont know what that is but it was like 50 bucks.

court security was about 50 bucks too. i wonder why i had to pay for court security when i didnt go to court.

You're subsidizing the drivers who don't make enough to pay their own fines or penalties because, you know, it's fair to expect someone else to pony up for an offense they didn't commit in this era of abdication of personal responsibility for "special" classes of people. You probably could have talked to the clerk to get the court security fee waived, though.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I hate seat belts.

...how many people have been killed by an unbuckled drive flying out of their vehicle and striking them like a lawn dart, though?

I "get" seatbelt laws and support them, although it is pretty much in violation of established "right of self choice" SCOTUS bench legislations... then again, so are a number of nanny state laws.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I hate seat belts.

...how many people have been killed by an unbuckled drive flying out of their vehicle and striking them like a lawn dart, though?

I "get" seatbelt laws and support them, although it is pretty much in violation of established "right of self choice" SCOTUS bench legislations... then again, so are a number of nanny state laws.

Where is the car without the driver?

And what is it doing?

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right where the driver left it when he/she flew out the windshield due to sudden deceleration, which is generally the reason for flying out the windshield.

Lil

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
a reply to: Annee

Right where the driver left it when he/she flew out the windshield due to sudden deceleration, which is generally the reason for flying out the windshield.

Lil

I was in an accident. I was stopped. Got hit from behind, knocked out into the intersection, got hit again, car spun around, and was hit again.

Car does not always come to a stop once hit.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 15-8-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Seatbelt laws are for the common good. Wearing a seat belt drastically reduces the average injury in a crash, that directly results in lower hospital bills which in turn means lower insurance payouts, which means a lower cost to the insurance pool. It saves lives, and saves a lot of money and it literally only takes a second to put on.

The motorcycle laws people are bringing up are because we can't get rid of them. Motorcycles are deathtraps but they're popular so we can't get rid of them. To be perfectly honest you're probably better off not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle because if you wreck you should be hoping for death rather than the life of debilitating injury you'll get if you survive.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I hate seat belts.

Driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

That is what tgey pound in your head after taking so many classes after abusing your privilege.

I have a problem with selfish people, not necessarily you, thinking they shouldnt be strapped into a 1,500 pound machine capable of doing serious bodily harm to others if there is a loss or lack of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join