It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Republicans Will Never Win Another National Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but it is naïve to assume that means the Democrats as they are now will keep on winning unchecked.

I did not assume that at all.

Like it or not, people are pissed

I agree. But the republicans present no alternatives. Each candidate does nothing but provide lip-service to the extreme nutters. Trump, Carson and the rest do not offer anything new. Listen to what they talk about and what they believe. They are the same as the others but just haven't been elected to a precious office.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The Republicans will win this time. Because Trump will help them win.
Trump is like no Republican we have seen before, so it negates anything that has happened in the past

The last poll I looked at has Hillary almost 20 points over Trump. If Trump gets the nod, the republicans lose. If Trump goes third party, the Republicans lose. If Trump simply backs out the republicans have a better shot, but it still does not look very good.

I also believe if Trump or Bush get the nomination it will motivate Democrats to get to the polls. Trump is a clown and has no business representing us, and we all have a bad taste in our mouths after W.

If you don't think Donald Trump would beat Hillary Clinton in a Landslide, you are sorely out of touch with the American Population.

Regardless of the "jokes" Donald Trump, if he gets the Nomination, he wins in a huge landslide. ANY of the top Republicans who get the Nod will beat Hillary.

Democrats need new fresh blood the same way Obama gave them eight years ago. Hillary doesn't have a chance, you can take that to the bank. UNLESS Trump goes independent... but he must surely know that... hmmm....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Oh please don't dismiss Hillary...

She will control the female vote.....Same with Obama and non-whites.....Please don't think that doesn't play a huuuuuge role in this voting disaster we call the election process.....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
Why the Republicans might never win another national election:
ABC
AP
CBS
CNN
MSNBC
NBC
Newsweek
New York Times, Time, Washington Post, etc etc etc.

the ignorance / misinformed state of the US public is appalling.

The controlled propaganda from all of the above is where the action is.

All high viewership ratings lead to them.

Even Fox is distant runner up.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

She will control the female vote.....Same with Obama and non-whites.....Please don't think that doesn't play a huuuuuge role in this voting disaster we call the election process.....

Please! Some of us can think with more than our lady parts. Thank you very much.

The day I vote for Hillary Clinton is the day Hell arrives on earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The Republicans will win this time. Because Trump will help them win.
Trump is like no Republican we have seen before, so it negates anything that has happened in the past

The last poll I looked at has Hillary almost 20 points over Trump. If Trump gets the nod, the republicans lose. If Trump goes third party, the Republicans lose. If Trump simply backs out the republicans have a better shot, but it still does not look very good.

I also believe if Trump or Bush get the nomination it will motivate Democrats to get to the polls. Trump is a clown and has no business representing us, and we all have a bad taste in our mouths after W.

If you don't think Donald Trump would beat Hillary Clinton in a Landslide, you are sorely out of touch with the American Population.

Yea, except all REAL data and polls shows that the exact opposite is going to happen.

Regardless of the "jokes" Donald Trump, if he gets the Nomination, he wins in a huge landslide. ANY of the top Republicans who get the Nod will beat Hillary.

What exactly are you basing this on?

Democrats need new fresh blood the same way Obama gave them eight years ago. Hillary doesn't have a chance, you can take that to the bank. UNLESS Trump goes independent... but he must surely know that... hmmm....

Hillary is leading all the polls right now. You may not like it. I don't like it, but that doesn't prevent it from being the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: introvert

So you're hoping for another 8 years of high unemployment, record numbers on food stamps, a disjointed and weak foreign policy and a poor economy?

I did not say I was hoping for any particular conclusion. The state of the economy goes well beyond the office of the presidency, which you should very well know, and the weak foreign policy standpoint is pure opinion.

Many on the right try to portray Obama and the Dems as being weak because they are willing to actually talk to people, instead of trying to intimidate and strong-arm nations in to compliance.

Obama has reached out to Iran, which is a great diplomatic gesture, and we now have re-opened our embassy in Cuba. Those are good things, but I understand it's only good if a Republican does it, right?

So please, spare me the "weak foreign policy" nonsense. That's rhetoric and propaganda talk.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Please! Some of us can think with more than our lady parts. Thank you very much.

The day I vote for Hillary Clinton is the day Hell arrives on earth.

Yes darling YOU....Someone who is willing to look into her policies/life/whatever else.....The MAJORITY of the USA doesn't have a damn clue what she is about.....And will vote for her because she is female....Sorry but that IS absolutely a factor, maybe not with you but you are special...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yea I used to think Obama was weak in international politics, but the recent deals with Iran and Cuba have changed my mind. In fact, out of the 7 or so years Obama has been President, the last few have not only been the least intolerable, but have actually been kind of pleasant.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hillary stomps trump

Here's a poll to look at. Clinton hands Trump his ass quite easily. Perhaps you are a victim of your own wishful thinking?

Just saying it does not make it a reality.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hillary stomps trump

Here's a poll to look at. Clinton hands Trump his ass quite easily. Perhaps you are a victim of your own wishful thinking?

Just saying it does not make it a reality.

Yeah for people to dismiss someone because they don't like them isn't fair......Hillary is clearly in charge right now....As long as her "issues" don't amount to anything, which they won't because they never do...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't think the Pubs are "doomed", but the upcoming POTUS slot is theirs to lose. There's a lot of ifs involved for them to field a contender: if they can be productive in the eyes of the public in both houses in the wake of last mid-terms(doubtful, but there is still time); if they can capitalize on voter frustration viv a vis last mid-term, and funnel it to their candidate; and lastly, if they take an introverted look at their shortcomings and change in an effort to bridge the chasm with the public.

A few months ago HRC was a lock for the Dems, and hit after hit, she's fading fast. Point being, Dems cannot coast on projected electoral votes, nor take anything for granted in the long span to come. IMO, Pubs have the best chance or gaining the WH in 16' more so than anytime in the last 7-8 years, but they would have to make drastic changes(which I doubt they are capable) at a cost to their ideology, party continuity, and partial voting base.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

A few months ago HRC was a lock for the Dems, and hit after hit, she's fading fast

That right?

Check the recent polls:

www.realclearpolitics.com...#

edit on 8/14/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So you're hoping for another 8 years of high unemployment, record numbers on food stamps, a disjointed and weak foreign policy and a poor economy?

I did not say I was hoping for any particular conclusion. The state of the economy goes well beyond the office of the presidency, which you should very well know, and the weak foreign policy standpoint is pure opinion.

Many on the right try to portray Obama and the Dems as being weak because they are willing to actually talk to people, instead of trying to intimidate and strong-arm nations in to compliance.

Obama has reached out to Iran, which is a great diplomatic gesture, and we now have re-opened our embassy in Cuba. Those are good things, but I understand it's only good if a Republican does it, right?

So please, spare me the "weak foreign policy" nonsense. That's rhetoric and propaganda talk.

So you're hoping for 8 more years of the same.

Okay.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

All you guys with your polls for an election that's over a year away make me laugh.... Eight Years ago everyone knew Hillary was going to win remember? She was Easily going to get the Democratic Nomination than easily win the Presidency...

Weird how that didn't happen even though the polls said so...

I've seen way too many elections to know better, hopefully one day you will too and you can learn to have a pulse of the American People.

Right now, that pulse is telling me. Donald Trump Vs Hillary. Trump wins in a massive landslide by getting the Republican Vote AND getting a large percentage of Democratic Votes.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course, at the moment, Trump's potential pool of support is being split 17 ways. What people in a poll say now could very well be a lot different in over a year's time if they have their choices forced.

For example, where were Obama's potential national numbers at this relative point in time during his first run?

Also, you know the internals for the party or something is up when they start acting like they may pull Gore out of retirement.

edit on 14-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'd like to see someone come up and pound both Clinton and the Republicans in to the ground. That's not going to happen and so I was just looking at the currents state of things and it appears the Dems will probably win this election, unless something drastic happens.

It would be most enjoyable if you would actually comment on the subject matter without the need to make silly assumptions and projections.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'd like to see someone come up and pound both Clinton and the Republicans in to the ground. That's not going to happen and so I was just looking at the currents state of things and it appears the Dems will probably win this election, unless something drastic happens.

It would be most enjoyable if you would actually comment on the subject matter without the need to make silly assumptions and projections.

It appears that you want 8 more years of the same.

Am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

I believe it's rooted in fantasy, especially when even many republicans are willing to jump ship if Trump is the nominee, but we all must slip out of reality from time to time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yes, you are wrong. I just said that I'd like both parties to get their tickets handed to them, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join