It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If We Were A Combination Of All 3 Possibilities?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What If We Were A Combination Of All 3 Possibilities?

What if we were a combination of all 3 possibilities? We exist because we were created by something. We certainly have evolved; adapting to environment and social circumstances. Our DNA does seem to have some peculiar codes involved that distinguish humans from other species of animals, yet share quite a bit in common.

Here is what I find interesting about the debate over whether we were altered by aliens or not as opposed to being created the way we are by a supreme being or God; who created the aliens?

I feel this debate is useless due to that fact. Does it really matter how or why we exist? Does it really matter if we came to be because of a primordial soup or creationism or alien intervention? Not really. We do exist, we do evolve and a source does exist; not limited to and including any alien race in the entirety of the Universe.

Regardless of why we exist we are all connected to the same source and the planet we live on is part of a vastness we cannot even begin to understand. It does not take a genius to know we are not alone even in our own galaxy, much less the surrounding galaxies. We spend time searching for “verifiable proof” that other civilizations exist, yet many will believe anything they are taught by history and religious books without a shred of verifiable proof.

This planet has been inhabited many times over 4 billion years and structures exist that we have no clue how they got here or what their purposes are or how old they are. We translate ancient text and read symbols and pretend we know what is being articulated, but we don’t have a clue. There are ancient sites that have been buried under sediment and water that we will never find in our lifetime.

Each of these past civilizations ended due to similar circumstances that we will meet our demise from. It does not matter why we exist, only that we learn from our experiences and try to coexist here, now, today.

Stop the rhetoric about where we came from and how we were created and by whom, we are in this world we live in, today, and that is all we can be certain of. Show respect for each other, allow others to be individuals and learn the lessons they need to learn, but be mindful that we are still all connected. It requires a balancing act to navigate the obstacles, individually and collectively.

We will never be able to fully comprehend our existence at this level of existence because of the human element involved and the free will to absorb whatever information we choose to accept, but that does not change the truth. Perception is determined by what we see and hear, but it does not change the truth.

Everyone clearly is entitled to their opinion and this is mine. Feel free to share yours.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've always pushed for that stream of logic when facing any question, problem, or enterprise. Why limit yourself to one option. Nature vs Nurture, Science vs Religion, etc. The answer IS, all the above. You show critical thought.

/golfclap

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You pretty much made this same thread a couple years ago. It's almost copy & paste

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

What if we were a combination of all 3 possibilities? We exist because we were created by something. We certainly have evolved; adapting to environment and social circumstances. Our DNA does seem to have some peculiar codes involved that distinguish humans from other species of animals, yet share quite a bit in common.

There is nothing in our DNA that is anomalous or that suggests we didn't evolve naturally on Earth.

Here is what I find interesting about the debate over whether we were altered by aliens or not as opposed to being created the way we are by a supreme being or God; who created the aliens?

There is no debate in the scientific community re: being altered by aliens because there is no evidence to suggest this.

I feel this debate is useless due to that fact. Does it really matter how or why we exist? Does it really matter if we came to be because of a primordial soup or creationism or alien intervention? Not really. We do exist, we do evolve and a source does exist; not limited to and including any alien race in the entirety of the Universe.

Well, if a god of a given religious scripture threatens you with eternal torment for not acknowledging his existence then it would matter, at least in that regard.

Regardless of why we exist we are all connected to the same source and the planet we live on is part of a vastness we cannot even begin to understand. It does not take a genius to know we are not alone even in our own galaxy, much less the surrounding galaxies.

Although I don't doubt there is life elsewhere in the universe, we have no evidence for it (to date).

We spend time searching for “verifiable proof” that other civilizations exist, yet many will believe anything they are taught by history and religious books without a shred of verifiable proof.

Religion? Yes. Science? No. EVERYTHING in science is built on evidence. The pursuit of evidence-based knowledge is not something to be scorned but cherished and embraced.

This planet has been inhabited many times over 4 billion years and structures exist that we have no clue how they got here or what their purposes are or how old they are.

This appeal to ignorance tells us nothing. Maybe, maybe not, but unless evidence is found it's a moot point.

We translate ancient text and read symbols and pretend we know what is being articulated, but we don’t have a clue.

You may not have a clue but there's no need to tarnish historical and linguistic scholars with the same brush of ignorance that you paint yourself with.

There are ancient sites that have been buried under sediment and water that we will never find in our lifetime.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't see how this is relevant.

Each of these past civilizations ended due to similar circumstances that we will meet our demise from. It does not matter why we exist, only that we learn from our experiences and try to coexist here, now, today.

If. No evidence, though. And highly unlikely. This is why evidence-based reasoning is a good thing.

Stop the rhetoric about where we came from and how we were created and by whom, we are in this world we live in, today, and that is all we can be certain of. Show respect for each other, allow others to be individuals and learn the lessons they need to learn, but be mindful that we are still all connected. It requires a balancing act to navigate the obstacles, individually and collectively.

This is all well and good but so long as religious fundamentalists keep trying to get philosophically displeasing science struck from the curriculum then there is a fight to be had because the truth DOES matter.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Good catch. I found it in my word documents and did a search under a title and couldn't find it, I wasn't sure I ever posted it and it has been so long and I have so many threads...How did you find it? Anyway, I did an edit to it in my word program and decided to post it, again I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When we reject separation and embrace unity, the truth will be changed...There is no "you" or "me." a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Asking feel good and inclusive questions is fun and all, but if there is no proof of that narrative then there is no reason to consider it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Okay, I'll bite, what is the truth and what proof do you have?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Awesome reply, you systematically, essentially, completely, used every word I wrote.

Except,

We will never be able to fully comprehend our existence at this level of existence because of the human element involved and the free will to absorb whatever information we choose to accept, but that does not change the truth. Perception is determined by what we see and hear, but it does not change the truth.

You did offer your opinion on everything else, so why did you leave this part hanging in the wind?

Also, just curious, how many OP's have you written and been willing to stick your neck out for?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Thank you, I think your name suits you then! I have won 7 straight trifectas btw in dog racing!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

It is still necessary to embrace your individuality, just not at the expense of others.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
You pretty much made this same thread a couple years ago. It's almost copy & paste

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I stated, Good catch. I alerted the MODS to this oversight on my part and it was determined that the other thread was long ago in a far galaxy and that new specimens may in fact benefit.

Oh and it was cut and paste, from microsoft works, after I edited, but anyone that cares to read the original it is still there in all it's glory!

Funny thing is though you actually seem to be trying to embarr-ass me, EPIC fail on that regard though!

I can embarrass myself all on my own thank you!
edit on 14-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Also, if there is no need to consider it, why did you bother considering it?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Asking feel good and inclusive questions is fun and all, but if there is no proof of that narrative then there is no reason to consider it.

And another thing...did you read the OP or just pop in and pull one of those drive by read the headline and vanish acts?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Scientists say octopuses are aliens
Based on their DNA scientists are saying that octopuses are unlike any animal on Earth and are thus aliens. Patrick Jones (@Patrick_E_Jones) has the details.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Possibly all three. That would satisfy the issue. And tick off a lot of people....especially preachers.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

If you bothered to read your own source and not just the headline you'll see they aren't literally saying octopi are aliens.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Awesome reply, you systematically, essentially, completely, used every word I wrote.

It's called "quoting".

Except,

You did offer your opinion on everything else, so why did you leave this part hanging in the wind?

Also, just curious, how many OP's have you written and been willing to stick your neck out for?

I'm not terribly interested in commenting on in vague, waffly statements that don't really say anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I know exactly what I was posting.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You mean like your rambling rhetoric? Seems a tad hypocritical, but my guess is you don't have any of your own original thoughts and just spend your time bashing others, how very brave of you.

Prove to me that our DNA is exclusively a result of evolution on Earth and that no other process was involved in the creation of Humans, I didn't say in my statement that this was a fact, so how can you? I suggested that it was possible, in fact I will say it is probable, that we are created and evolved with the assistance of some other worldly being, all species did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join