It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start stocking Up on water and Canned food guys...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I keep thinking about Rev. 8:11".....One-third of the water turned into wormwood, and many people died from the water because it had turned bitter." I don't normally quote scripture, but the horror of Fukishima has me reverting to biblical thoughts!

If you add Revelation 8:10 to that, you learn that Fukushima is not Wormwood.

Revelation 8:10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water"

We don't need more of it now....That's why I said what I did.....But it's really all based on interpretation that's why I didn't get caught up on the actual scripture...

Anyways, Fukishima is bad guys.......

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: woogleuk
Whilst the ongoing contamination isn't good, I don't think we are at panic stations just yet, nor should we be at all.

The ocean is rather large, by the time any of the nasties have gotten a few miles from Fukushima they are diluted to a point where it shouldn't really be much of a concern.

So let's just leave it alone right? There is lots of water to take care of that.....

No concerns here.....

Exactly. And Trump will help fix any loose ends with this in about a year and a half.
Nothing to worry about, just don't eat any fish for the next 2 years...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinuru
Not trying to fear-monger but, this large problem can get only larger. And honestly, there would be no need for an hostile take over or any kind, people will beg for the governments help as they would be the only ones able to provide protection and clean water. Dependency is slavery too.

I see the governments all breaking down. Who will have the willpower to control anyone else when so many will be sick and dropping dead constantly? How can we have any continuity of government in those conditions?

I think oxygen deficiency could cause more death than the amount of death that is caused by radiation-related diseases. Knowledgeable people are predicting a totally dead Pacific Ocean within five years. What hardly ever gets mentioned is that (according to my research), 70% of the world's oxygen comes from the oceans.

TPTB have to know more about all this than we do. I think when it's apparent that the writing's on the wall in terms of the collapse of society, they'll head for their DUMBS and leave the rest of us to die. Otherwise, they'd be suffering the same fate we all will as there will be no place to run or hide. However, some people are saying that everyone in the Northern Hemisphere may already be contaminated due to Fukushima including "the elite."

I believe that in the future a police state will not be possible. There will not be enough healthy people around to make that tenable. I think the remaining healthy people will want to quit their jobs ASAP and enjoy their golden years which will be the present. Who's going to carry out a police state? I don't think the thing to worry about in the coming decades will be a police state, I think having enough police to keep the peace will be the real challenge.

Interesting thing to think about:

There are 438 nuclear power plants all over the world (source below). Those plants require highly trained, highly skilled professionals to keep them running. What happens when THEY start dropping dead all over and quitting their jobs to enjoy their golden years? You can't replace those people easily, at some point there will be no replacements and what happens then?

Then end.

www.nei.org...
edit on 14-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
just wait until the 2015 El Nino hits the western hemisphere side of the Pacific ocean... in Dec-Feb season...

presently the El Nino trade winds are pushing water to Asia/Oceania... and the West is experiencing whale/seals/salmon/ocean-life die-offs.... Wait till the winds & currents change to really hit the Western Hemisphere ~ we are only witnessing the feeble start of 1/3 of ALL pacific getting decimated to the point of some extinctions to several sea-world species....
and animals like polar bears getting decimated to rarity

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ahhh, another wormwood thread.

Revelation 8:11 KJ version

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Wormwood could be any reactor core that is manmade.

Imagine hundreds of Fukushimas festering as they happen over the next few centuries from natural disasters, neglect, lack of funding from economic woes and wars and having built them next to water flows dotting the globe.
edit on 14-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

All right, you seem pretty confident that our oceans will protect us from meltdowns into the drink. So, how many meltdowns can we have? I guess there's nothing to worry about if Japan gets rocked again right? After all, our ocean is big enough to dilute any nuclear disaster. Isn't that what you're saying? There's nothing to worry about because humans are always correct on these complicated mathematical problems. Hey? Isn't that right? We can calculate with precision where the currents will go, how much dilution occurs among the plethora of variables. Just like we can calculate exactly where climate change comes from and how much pollution is responsible and from where it comes from. Just like how I can calculate which neighbor's leaves in my yard came from after the wind blew it there. In fact, I think we can calculate exactly where that leaf will land after it drops just like we can calculate what happens to 400,000 tons of leaking radiation daily for 4 years.

Sure, nothing to worry about because us humans are omnipotent.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In summary..we are all Fuke-d

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

All right, you seem pretty confident that our oceans will protect us from meltdowns into the drink. So, how many meltdowns can we have? I guess there's nothing to worry about if Japan gets rocked again right? After all, our ocean is big enough to dilute any nuclear disaster. Isn't that what you're saying? There's nothing to worry about because humans are always correct on these complicated mathematical problems. Hey? Isn't that right? We can calculate with precision where the currents will go, how much dilution occurs among the plethora of variables. Just like we can calculate exactly where climate change comes from and how much pollution is responsible and from where it comes from. Just like how I can calculate which neighbor's leaves in my yard came from after the wind blew it there. In fact, I think we can calculate exactly where that leaf will land after it drops just like we can calculate what happens to 400,000 tons of leaking radiation daily for 4 years.

Sure, nothing to worry about because us humans are omnipotent.

ME?????????????????

My lord no.....I have been laying sarcasm thick to those thinking that way! I am 1000% against this crap, please feel free to read my other posts on the topic....Sorry if I came off different...

Please stop the other talk as well, I am staying away from it.....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Trillions! Trillions! TRILLION!

That's 10^12th.

There are 10^18th of uranium already in the ocean, and that's just one isotope.

Yet another example of people freaking out because they're science illiterate.

Link

41 Ebq. Want to know what an Ebq is?

Becquerel

Drop in a bucket.

According to the second link, 37 Trillion Becquerel's equals a single curie. Why do you suppose they don't keep it simple for people? Could it be that they seek to sensationalize and propagate fear instead of display rational thought on the subject? Seems to be the case.

Now, be honest. Are you freaked out over a Becquerel or a Curie. Let me put it another way, does the value in trillions automatically cause you concern, or does single digit values cause you concern? Yea, you've been duped.
edit on 14-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Raise hand, science illiterate person here. If I understand your post, the ocean can absorb the bad elements from Fukishima? What about the sea life?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

How is the sea life doing with a million plus Curies of Uranium? Or a billion times a billion becquerels?

I'd be more concerned about ocean acidification, and overfishing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

oh my bad then. Sarcasm doesn't translate well online

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So, you are a little more than concerned? I don't eat fish. I am concerned for my grandchildren.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't post often but that was an excellent post, people get way to freaked out over radiation especially when the levels are expressed in Bq. There are a wide range of variables when considering the "risk" from exposure to radiation, such as the nature of the isotope, decay pathway, type of exposure (if ingested is it retained in the body), level of exposure, distance etc. It goes without saying that anything ingested isn't good (uptake in seafood for example).

Anyhow for example if you look at an isotope such as 18F commonly used in diagnostic imaging, a standard patient dose would be 450 million becquerel, half life 109 mins and pretty much decomposes back to water in 24 h. Scale that up to cyclotron production levels and 1 terabequerel (1 trillion bequerels) would be the daily output in 18F of a fairly average commercial cyclotron irradiating O18. Again after 24 to 48 hrs this would have decayed to an inconsequential level. My point being that the discharge of a TBq wouldn't necessarily be a scary thing.

Agreed if we're talking TBq of long lived isotopes such as Caesium being discharged on a daily basis it's far from ideal, however the specific ratios of isotopes are not identified and as such it is difficult to assess the long term impact. As mentioned by previous posters the dilution ratio of any leak is phenomenal in the oceans.

Still wouldn't fancy making moules mariniere on the beach there though!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zinuru

Welcome to ATS.

Given the title of your thread I expected something about the incoming/predicted economic disaster and collapse of the USD next month.

I think we're in trouble for a few reasons.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't think you're going to get a simplified answer. They're in sarcasm and pompous mode. I'm no expert and am just as oblivious when it comes to the terms curies and becquerels. But from what I gather, it's like they're saying the ocean got a few x-rays; And like an x-ray on a human body, is nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

The specific ratio of isotopes is impossible to know with certainty. There are rough figures for the rods on site, and in the reactors, but each rod bundle has a percentage of decay already underway, and are made of different isotopes in the first place. Which rods that were stored blew up in one of the explosions? Were all of them safely handled offsite?

What I did months after the disaster was come up with the best estimate for sum total of radioactivity and estimate based on linear no threshold (i'm actually a proponent of hormesis) how many deaths could be expected if all was released at once over a period of a few decades. I did so with limited knowledge, a range of estimates, but even then couldn't come up with billions of deaths like we were being told. It wasn't a low number, either, but considering how many people die out already each year, and that this worst case scenario would play out depending on isotope from 5-many years, it wasn't even close to an EOTWAWKI scenario. Seeing as this isn't a worst case scenario, and is slowly diluting out, it's certainly still an issue for Fuku, and far from ideal, but perspective is needed.

Thanks for chiming in.

I still pop a molecularly distilled fish oil cap daily, and eat salmon a few times a month. I'm concerned, but far from freaked. I'm much more concerned with other matters.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see all the time on ATS that references to the scriptures is not worthy in our advanced civilization. Normally i would agree for some people has a scripture for every thought,action and opinion. However, one thing is obvious to me is that if Man humbled himself to seriously contemplate the wisdom of the "Golden Rule" and made a serious attempt to live with the wisdom as well practicing the "Ten Commandments," that maybe we would evolve and have a true chance of survival. I say this as a result of seeing Man's demise if we don't make positive changes....jus sayin........

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Trillions! Trillions! TRILLION!

That's 10^12th.

There are 10^18th of uranium already in the ocean, and that's just one isotope.

Yet another example of people freaking out because they're science illiterate.

Link

41 Ebq. Want to know what an Ebq is?

Becquerel

Drop in a bucket.

According to the second link, 37 Trillion Becquerel's equals a single curie. Why do you suppose they don't keep it simple for people? Could it be that they seek to sensationalize and propagate fear instead of display rational thought on the subject? Seems to be the case.

Now, be honest. Are you freaked out over a Becquerel or a Curie. Let me put it another way, does the value in trillions automatically cause you concern, or does single digit values cause you concern? Yea, you've been duped.

I live near a plant that processed radioactive materials for decades. During all those decades---from the '50s to the '80s and into the '90s, the workers at that plant were told that the materials they were handling were "safe" and that no harm would come to them. Their concerns were waved aside with platitudes much like you've expressed.
Then the long-term effects of the materials they had been handling began to show up---lots of cancers, growths from their joints that looked like hoary, gnarled fingernails growing from their elbows, knees and shoulder blades, tumors never before seen in our area...... And TPTB shunted them aside and tried to make them believe they were crazy for thinking that radiation could cause such problems. Those men and women and their families were told that they were ignorant of the "actual science."
See, the problem was that the "actual science" had never been done because this was a whole new industry that we took to our breasts without fully investigating the long-term effects.
Because the plant was owned by the government, lies were told with impunity and the corporate world made millions and walked away, leaving the people who worked at the plant or lived near the plant to scramble for some sort of help to meet the rising costs of their health care problems.
I see the Japanese problem as much the same. The government and corporate structures will survive because they view people as expendable. The effects of these poisons will take a long time to develop---long enough that TPTB will long be retired in some safe place before the full effects of their actions come home to roost.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

It's a good thing we do have the "actual science" these decades later.

Sad to hear that happened long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join