It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start stocking Up on water and Canned food guys...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
(This is my first time creating a thread.. Here goes..)

So just like most of you here at ATS, I have been anticipating the next big GLOBAL issue.

The current spread of violence in the world by means of money-hungry wars, consistently being engineered for vague purposes, has kept my mind busy (not to mention the legalization of gay marriage AND recently Trumps antics) for the most part. War and violence are terrible but, its so widespread and common in the human nature that I guess Im a bit desensitized to the reality of it. However today I stumbled across an article that ACTUALLY... Scared me.

Officials: “Trillions of becquerels of radioactive material still flowing into sea” at Fukushima — Map shows nuclear waste coming up from bottom of ocean far offshore — Japan TV Journalist: “Contaminated seawater will circulate around globe… disaster like a huge cloth expanding everyday”

Fukishima Radiation Leakage

If this continues the world as we know it will end. Im not a huge environmentalist nor will I ever claim to be one.

I mean I've littered once or twice before (shame on me) but, this is on an other level entirely. This is comparitively worse than the BP oil spill imho and there are gonna be HUGE impacts to civilization as far as humans are concerned in GENERAL due to this leakage.

Please share your thoughts with me. Also feel free to offer any suggestions for my next thread. Any advice is appreciated.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: zinuru

This Fukishima talk is going to get you blasted buddy! There are many charts available showing radiation contamination...But I would like to briefly touch on this:

AND recently Trumps antics)

What would this have to do with upcoming doom again? You know even if he was elected as president it isn't for quite some time now....?

Oh well, first thread so I don't want to beat you up...Welcome to ATS!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Why is fukishima a taboo topic?

+59 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinuru

Because some people were an ostrich in a previous lifetime and like to bury their heads in the sand

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinuru

It is more of a contamination thing......I have fought this battle on other threads as well but people have charts showing the contamination of radiation in the waters....If you believe the "professionals" there is nothing to worry about....There in lay the issue, it is really hard to prove one way or the other unless you scanned the oceans yourself...Believe one side or the other, me personally think ANY radiation pouring into the ocean is NOT GOOD....But what do I know? I am not professional in this topic. Best of luck! Hope you enjoy it here, it can be addicting!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Seems good to me although I am not a thread creator, I am a thread reader so...

You stated your opinion, gave a link, followed up with more details...good job IMO.
Anyway, not sure where this part fits it

not to mention the legalization of gay marriage AND recently Trumps antics

So...maybe ONE of those should be the next thread?

I DO agree that there will be HUGE impacts on civilization from the disaster and I feel the full impact of Fukushima will not be known for many generations to come and most will be hidden if possible.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

In response to your thread title, smart household is a prepared household. Prepare for any event.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The end of the world is coming, the end of the world is coming. Still some day some one will get it right

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
The end of the world is coming, the end of the world is coming. Still some day some one will get it right

If they do, are they going to be considered right?

Hmmm....

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

not to mention the legalization of gay marriage AND recently Trumps antics

While the legalization of Gay marriage was very surprising albeit long over do I didn't honestly think America had it in them tbh. And most recently Donald's performances have had me tuning in for more.

However, what I was expressing is that while these interesting things are national news..

The the radiation has been leaking and traveling the entire time and none of the news stations I watch ( yes I watch the news, its like a soap opera) care. I might've been an ostrich in my passed life too..

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Whilst the ongoing contamination isn't good, I don't think we are at panic stations just yet, nor should we be at all.

The ocean is rather large, by the time any of the nasties have gotten a few miles from Fukushima they are diluted to a point where it shouldn't really be much of a concern.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Whilst the ongoing contamination isn't good, I don't think we are at panic stations just yet, nor should we be at all.

The ocean is rather large, by the time any of the nasties have gotten a few miles from Fukushima they are diluted to a point where it shouldn't really be much of a concern.

So let's just leave it alone right? There is lots of water to take care of that.....

No concerns here.....
edit on 8/14/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You're right about the size of the ocean in relation to how much time its gonna take.. But, the article is suggesting that the spread will circulate around the globe.

BTW THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AND CRITIQUES!
edit on 14-8-2015 by zinuru because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I keep thinking about Rev. 8:11".....One-third of the water turned into wormwood, and many people died from the water because it had turned bitter." I don't normally quote scripture, but the horror of Fukishima has me reverting to biblical thoughts!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It might definitely be worth taking extra notice of your food packaging at this time and attempting, if at all possible, to avoid fish or seafood from the SE Asia region if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I keep thinking about Rev. 8:11".....One-third of the water turned into wormwood, and many people died from the water because it had turned bitter." I don't normally quote scripture, but the horror of Fukishima has me reverting to biblical thoughts!

Just a bit different but still holds the same message for anyone who cares.....Most on here are completely oblivious and will just dismiss that anyways....

We act like we know, that's what gets me....There is plenty of water...Guess what else is in that water? Food, marine life...Doesn't matter that they will be irradiated and can travel to other areas to infect others? Nope, radiation can't be spread through the waters, there is plenty to dilute it....

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I once saw a nice illustration of the amount of water on earth. It could fill a 900 mile sphere. Do you really think that's a lot of water?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I might've been an ostrich in my passed life too..

Nah, I doubt it! LOL

In your link I saw something about humpback whales washing up dead...I will go back and reread when I can see a little better.
Some of the news today does seem to be a distraction of sorts. Sometimes it seems as if we are fanatically preoccupied with flags, gay marriage, social media, Kardashians and Jenners, and such and NO ONE is paying attention to the earth falling apart/being destroyed around us.
In the town I live in I see oh probably a dozen or more trucks per day hauling trees. You can drive any road out of the county and see the sides of mountains just gone...I digress and I drift...apologies!

Back on topic. I believe we're being distracted and information withheld regarding things like Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I never suggested leaving it alone, and I would like to think TEPCO (and other agencies) are doing their best to contain it as quickly as possible.

All I am saying is that it is a bit premature to tell everyone to go stocking up on Pot Noodles.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If this continues

This is the part that I don't understand because apparently
it has to continue, for evermore.

SnF
edit on Ram81415v26201500000036 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join