It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor unaware of the major genetic disease that all humans have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
EDIT
edit on 14-8-2015 by haman10 because: Misunderstood the OP's initial post

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
No, jeez on a stick. It's a genetic disease.

If there is no prospect of any "cure" for it, what benefit is gained by calling it a disease, and where lies the harm in not calling it a disease?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

That doesn't surprise me that doctors aren't taught this. They probably have to go into a biological speciality.

Veterinarians are not taught that the majority of our pets are carnivores- are not taught that cats are obligate carnivores- and then advocate feeding them 'pet food' which generally contains vegetables- and almost no meat, bones, organ.

Not sure about you, but I've never farmers worrying about wild cats and dogs stealing their corn.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The daily dose in virtually everything is understated they want you to be ill so they can control you create fear and misery and sell you there drugs, according to a study done by the WHO 95% of all people were ill in 2013 with a third of them having more than 5 things wrong with them, people who tell you medical science is improving have not done any research into it and our lives are getting shorter remember living in a city is just like living in gas chambers with all the carbon monoxide destroying the oxygen levels therefore leaving people with around an 80 IQ.
as well as the function of fluoride and bromine stopping the uptake of iodine which helps your brain, don't get enough Iodine then you are classified as mentally retarded which is done intentionally so people do not question why we are living like this with other humans telling us what to do and how to live

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Don't see why it wouldn't be taught now days, unless maybe he missed the fact. I was taught that in H.S.,at the time had aspirations to be a human Dr.(as opposed to working on Veterinary education now) for prior prepping to medical school, in H.S. AP Anatomy and Physiology and "medically" learning honors classes. I believe students in the "regular" classes were taught the same.

originally posted by: sn0rch

a reply to: pl3bscheese

No, jeez on a stick. It's a genetic disease. The enzymes which make ascorbic acid broke in primates - the genetics don't work. Every other living thing, your dogs and cats for example, are making it in their bodies all the time.

Hmm, cat's can't make Taurine. We can. Weird how cats have to have a supplement.

Damn broken genetics...

Also, I want gills back. Who needs ear drums... stupid evolution.

Yes cats can't synthesize it yet it's provided in main parts of their nature diet-such as rodentia intestines. Maybe nature tweeked their system to gear them to be a natural control predator or the less interesting conclusion that they just adapted to eat animals that have it. Cats are medical anomalies anyway especially when it comes to healing.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Maybe nature tweeked their system to gear them to be a natural control predator or the less interesting conclusion that they just adapted to eat animals that have it.
The ability to produce taurine would not make an animal less adapted to eat rodents.

On the other hand, if an animal ate a lot of rodents, it wouldn't be a problem if it stopped producing taurine on its own.

A mutation does not have to be beneficial to be passed on.

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye

That doesn't surprise me that doctors aren't taught this. They probably have to go into a biological speciality.

Veterinarians are not taught that the majority of our pets are carnivores- are not taught that cats are obligate carnivores- and then advocate feeding them 'pet food' which generally contains vegetables- and almost no meat, bones, organ.

Not sure about you, but I've never farmers worrying about wild cats and dogs stealing their corn.

Veterinarians are taught about carnivores vs obligate carnivores actually. Mainstream Vets, promote diet sales of of Science Diet for example, some Purina as well, which includes bone meal, feathers, etc. Pet foods with vegetables that are sold by grocery stores are brands and some pet store brands, that contain vegetables. Veterinarians are taught more about about animal dietary needs than human medical doctors learn about human diets.

Of course, doesn't give the Op's Dr. an excuse. That should be common physiology knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Maybe nature tweeked their system to gear them to be a natural control predator or the less interesting conclusion that they just adapted to eat animals that have it.
The ability to produce taurine would not make an animal less adapted to eat rodents.

On the other hand, if an animal ate a lot of rodents, it wouldn't be a problem if it stopped producing taurine on its own.

Couldn't find much on why they can't synthesize it. Interesting still.

Yeah that's true.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Those foods are made with mostly soy and corn, with any meat product being minimal. The things they have to do to kibbles to make them even slightly palatable..read up on it. Oo. Any veterinarian that recommends me feed any animal those things is...not the doctor I want telling me about dietary needs. The majority of doctors do promote those things.

Cats do make taurine, just not enough. They get it from the heart meat, mostly of what they eat. Well, that's how raw feeders get the most taurine in them, unless they supplement.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Those foods are made with mostly soy and corn, with any meat product being minimal. The things they have to do to kibbles to make them even slightly palatable..read up on it. Oo. Any veterinarian that recommends me feed any animal those things is...not the doctor I want telling me about dietary needs. The majority of doctors do promote those things.

Cats do make taurine, just not enough. They get it from the heart meat, mostly of what they eat. Well, that's how raw feeders get the most taurine in them, unless they supplement.

Of course, I know, they are dehydrated, etc. Grocery store food is garbage food, to say nicely.

As I said "don't synthesize it".

Yeah and I agree mainstream veterinarians don't have the best advice on pet foods that is because Science Diet brings in the cash. Sadly they forgo education for the sake of promotion of prescription diet revenue because that's where the revenue comes from.
edit on 15-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: sentence

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch
Just so you know, fresh turmeric is nearly impossible to be absorbed by the body. It needs to be dried and ground into a powder. Black pepper aids in absorption, If you are making golden milk, make sure you bring the liquid to a boil BEFORE adding the turmeric.

As for the the OP, most Dr.s knowledge on vitamins is very low. It took years of suffering from severe symptoms of vitamin deficiencies before my Dr.s ever considered it to be a possibility. Finally one day I asked for my vitamin D levels to be checked. When the results came back and my levels were 20 ng. plus I was also very anemic my Dr's finally started considering an absorption issue. Yup I had celiac. Took 10 years to figure it out. During that time I saw a lot of Dr.s trying to figure out my symptoms.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

And humans have to make their own vitamin D- in the sunshine. Yet doctors say 'avoid it at all costs!'

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

This is why I feed raw. I get pig hearts for next to nothing at a local Vietnamese shop. Heart is the best source of Taurine. Then tongue. The other organs really don't have it in a discernable amount.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

You're lucky. I don't have my own car on the road, so I'm still working out the full raw diet. They do get it a lot though.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Flintstones chewable vitamins is all you need. Because they're yummy. They have gummy fruit snack vitamins now too. Yummy.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

You know...when you're tasting a tongue sandwich, it's tasting you.

(I know, not really. I know you skin the tongue, removing the taste buds. It's been a long time since I've eaten tongue. My Mom used to make it on a pretty regular basis. Cheap, nutritious, and delicious.)

edit on 8/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Went to see a new doctor for a routine check-up recently and he was unaware that humans not being able to make ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in our bodies is a genetic disease. The doctor was maybe forty years old. Don't they teach that in medical schools? I've long thought that something like every human on the planet having an easily curable major and very serious genetic disease is something that the media and medical profession should be trumpeting (or even Trump should be trumpeting), but he didn't even know about it.

For those who don't know, including people in the medical profession who apparently aren't taught this (at least loud enough to stick), every living thing on Earth aside from primates and guinea pigs is making ascorbic acid in their body every moment. Insects, fish, mammals, plants, reptiles, birds, but not your Aunt Millie. In her and us the process broke (our cells keep trying to constantly make it but can't, poor things). That's why there is so much emphasis on ATS to make people aware of how to best supplement, but at least to supplement with what most people think are "megadoses" (thanks to the orange juice industry which want you to think drinking their product is enough).

The easy answer is that the top levels of the medical profession don't want this publicized very heavily because it would lessen the amount of money spent on medications and hospital visits. The real answer may be that the top levels of the medical profession don't even think about it because they don't know about it.

Any insights from people on ATS involved in the medical field? Do people in your field ever discuss this? Thanks.

I have not learned it in detail but I know that our inability to produce Vitamin C is called Hypoascorbemia and that it is classified as a condition, not a disease (a condition doesn't necessarily means illness). If there is insufficient dietary intake of Vitamin C then the condition could cause anascorbemia and acute induced scurvy which are diseases as they produce symptoms and they need treatment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join