It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James Version: Was King James Bisexual-Homosexual?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

My feelings are that this topic about homosexuality, the gay community, and it's acceptance and love from god is so incredibly important at this moment that it entirely throws me out of the universe.. I read and listen to much news reporting and news material; It is clear that the US and the entire rest of the world is on this amazing collision course by way of financial collapse, nuclear war, or incessant war and invasion etc. Many people feel as though they are at a crossroads in their lives: everyone is questioning life and mortality. Many people are seeking and moving towards the light towards infinite peace and love and freedom.

Members of the gay community are not to be excluded from that beautiful awakening process for they too are brother and are a part of tha measureless infinite light; I am so tired of reading all of the press, alternative or mainstream, that attempts to exclude them from that spiritual awakening..

Gosh people just need to love each other and that's all..

If only fundamentalists' could learn to love their brother..
Very tired of reading fundie' end times articles..

edit on 13-8-2015 by tony9802 because: Because Sept 25th is when the collapse will occur

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Klassified

I suppose you're right. I don't know Jimmy Swaggart's heart anymore than King James' or any other man. Maybe he was a closet homo. Who knows? Everyone has skeletons in their closets. Even king David commited murder to commit adultery. Its about faith, not you're deeds.

Does it really matter, any way?

If I believed in god and the bible, the explanation would be very simple. God can speak through a donkey, why can't he use a corrupt king to do his will?

It shouldn't matter. Paul was a murderer before he repented and Balaam was apostate when God used him as a mouth piece.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It was not called the King James Version until 200 years after it was printed. It was known and is still known as the Authorized Version. King James never wanted his name on the cover.

He was a man that should suffice.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Mormons are not Christian even if they claim they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: darkbake

Mormons are not Christian even if they claim they are.

That's funny. They say the same thing about your sect.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Just thought I would post this link which you will find interesting especially his quote which compares his love for the Earl of Buckingham with the love Christ had for John.

etb-history-theology.blogspot.co.uk...

It also gives the history and previous copies James had used in order to create the King James version of the bible. It makes interesting reading about James, who incidentally sent his wife away from the court and did not apparently live with her.

But this isn't really about homosexuality is it, surely its about sheer hypocrisy and the politics and behaviour of a thoroughly disreputable monarch, whom put his name to a version of the bible he forced people to use in order to protect himself and his right to rule.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I do agree with your comments about the Gay Community. They are judged because dogma says they should be.

But if God created man in his image which christians of all sorts believe then its strange they don't accept he also created homosexuality as a part of human nature and probably a means of combating over population. It exists in the plant and the animal kingdoms so it clearly was not an accident of creation. When you are religious you can't cherry pick which parts suit you and there is nothing about homosexuality in the 10 commandments.

Anyone can be born with that characteristic and it seems disingenuous to criticise or judge those who are.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'll check out the link..thanks..

edit on 13-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What the hell is a bisexual homosexual?

That's like saying an "ambidextrous left-handed person".

So apparently he was into dudes, chicks, and dudes?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

What the hell is a bisexual homosexual?

That's like saying an "ambidextrous left-handed person".

So apparently he was into dudes, chicks, and dudes?

There is a dash between bi - homosexual..it saves space..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Examine the differences.

They have additional text we don't

They say you have to do things to get saved and into a certain level of heaven. We don't

They believe the bible is corrupt. We believe it is inspired

They make membership of their organization mandatory for salvation. We do not. Beware if any church says that.

The believe Jesus became god after the resurrection. We say he was always God

Big differences

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Just thought I would post this link which you will find interesting especially his quote which compares his love for the Earl of Buckingham with the love Christ had for John.

etb-history-theology.blogspot.co.uk...

It also gives the history and previous copies James had used in order to create the King James version of the bible. It makes interesting reading about James, who incidentally sent his wife away from the court and did not apparently live with her.

But this isn't really about homosexuality is it, surely its about sheer hypocrisy and the politics and behaviour of a thoroughly disreputable monarch, whom put his name to a version of the bible he forced people to use in order to protect himself and his right to rule.

King James did not put his name on the Bible. He corinated as the Authorized Version. It was 200 years later men began to call it the King James Version something he never wanted

Please go here to see why there are homosexuals in society www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Since he fathered 8 children, he must have been busy boffing his wife. As a Scot, there must have been many English people who disliked him. Of course, English kings at that time could get away with any kind of sex they liked. I think it was Edward II who was widely believed to be gay.
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

I think he was transsexual with a fetish for dead cats.
Are we really talking about this?

It's all hypothetical anyway. He died, inventing haggis.

He got so hungry that decided to completely eat himself one day and left only a stomach containing all the rest of him.

That's what haggis is.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I have already put up the link which explains exactly how the King James version was concocted earlier wand the versions used. If you read about his life he actually stated that were he not a monarch he would have been scholar. Apart from his other well publicised activities he had had a very thorough education and head a wealth of learned men in his Court, Shakespeare amongst them.

When a monarch makes rewriting the bible one of his first jobs coming to the throne, he clearly has a motive and his was to get rid of the Geneva bible.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

If thou want to get rid of everyone's favourite bible e.g. the Geneva and replace it with a political version deifying your own rights etc are you going to own up to doing that - Nope.

You quote your thread on 'Romans' to me about homosexuality - reading through the thread that didn't go down too well with others why would you think I would accept that - also a number of Christians clearly don't either.

I would be interested in your explaining your theory as to why it happens in both the plant and animal world. Surely you would look for a biological reason or at least if you wish to use the bible etc something from a gospel etc.

As you are familiar with the bible I am sure you will know the story of God lowering a net down to a hungry Peter and Peter refusing to eat what was in the net as he thought it unclean. You will remember God's supposed reply that what he created was not unclean. I think its one of the best in the bible but hardly ever quoted. I don't have my copy to hand to give you the ref, but its in there.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Who a person shags is a big deal to christians. Why don't you mind your goddamn business!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The King James Version of the Bible was 70%-80% the Tyndale Bible.

A lot of the phrases we lovingly associate with the KJV were actually penned by William Tyndale; and Tyndale, in turn, plagiarised a fair bit of his own translation from Martin Luther.

If anyone's interested.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
That's funny. They say the same thing about your sect.

So does every other cult and false religion on the planet.

The fact that counterfeits exist tell us that a genuine exists as well.

FACT: there are no sects in Heaven.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Who a person shags is a big deal to christians. Why don't you mind your goddamn business!

On the off chance that that wasn't a hypothetical question and/or you really are a 'HUMBLEONE'...

One day Dwight L. Moody, the Rick Warren of his day, was walking down a Chicago street and ran into a complete stranger. Filled with faith's fervor and passion for Christ, he walked up to the stranger and said: “Excuse me sir. Are you a Christian?” Offended the man stepped back, stared Moody in the face and snarled, mind your'e business, sir.” Moody smiled at him and said, “Sir, you are my business.”

Awakening Each Other to the God Who's Already There

I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize… how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? ~ Penn Jillette

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join