It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King James Version: Was King James Bisexual-Homosexual?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have been attempting to do a little bit of reading on this topic, and I have found some interesting information stating that the individual who commissioned the translation of the Bible (1604, King James Version) was himself known to be bisexual homosexual. I think this is very interesting since it would somehow illustrate or indicate that venerating, admiring, and honouring Lord Dieu and his precepts is not something that is inherently at odds with one's sexual orientation. I will have to find articles and links for this, but I found this information so pleasant to read, that I decided to start a thread about it.

The KJV Bible is considered to be a masterpiece translation of literary prose etc.. how ironic that the person in charge of it's renowned authorship, would happen to be the subject of such derision and disdain as we see and observe it (homophobia) during our times;

I can provide a couple of links as soon as my computer is functioning properly..
edit on 13-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I bet those links will never surface in this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Who cares If he was?.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think he was transsexual with a fetish for dead cats.
Are we really talking about this?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, of course, because in our revisionist world, everyone who was anyone had to be at least bi nowadays.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

FYI

www.wayoflife.org...

The accusation that King James I, who authorized the King James Bible, was a homosexual has often been made, but we need to be cautious about accepting it.

Actually, since he fathered eight children, he couldn’t have been much of a homosexual! He wrote love letters to his wife and obviously enjoyed her most intimate company. He referred to her as “our dearest bedfellow” (Gustavus Paine, The Men Behind the King James Version, p. 4). When John Rainolds questioned the phrase in the Anglican marriage service, “with my body I thee worship,” King James replied: “... if you had a good wife yourself, you would think that all the honor and worship you could do to her would be well bestowed” (Ibid.).

In a book that the king wrote for his son Henry (entitled Basilikon Doron, or A King’s Gift), he made the following statements about the importance of sexual purity:

“But the principal blessing [is] in your marrying of a godly and virtuous wife … being flesh of your flesh and bone of your bone. … Marriage is the greatest earthly felicity” (p. 43).

“Keep your body clean and unpolluted while you give it to your wife whom to only it belongs for how can you justly crave to be joined with a Virgin if your body be polluted?” (p. 44).

“When you are married, keep inviolably your promise made to God in your marriage” (p. 45).

“Abstain from the filthy vice of adultery; remember only what solemn promise ye made to God at your marriage” (p. 54).

The king wrote plainly against the sin of homosexuality.

“Especially eschew to be effeminate” (Basilikon Doron, p. 46).

“There are some horrible crimes that ye are bound in conscience never to forgive: such as witchcraft, willful murder, incest, and sodomy” (p. 48).

The charge of homosexuality was made by the king’s enemies and only after his death. Stephen Coston’s book King James the VI of Scotland and the I of England Unjustly Accused? (St. Petersburg, FL: Konigswort, 1996) makes the case that the charge was slanderous and untrue. The charge was first made by Anthony Weldon, who had been expelled from his office by James for political reasons and had sworn that he would have his day of vengeance. Weldon not only hated James, he hated the entire Scottish race. Historian Maurice Lee, Jr., warned, “Historians can and should ignore the venomous caricature of the king’s person and behavior drawn by Anthony Weldon” (Great Britain’s Solomon: James VI & I in His Three Kingdoms, 1990, pp. 309-310). See also David Wilson, King James VI & I (New York: Oxford University Press, 1956) and Christopher Durston, James I (London: Routledge, 1993).
edit on 13-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Can sodomy exist between a man and a woman? Maybe that is what he so staunchly opposed;

edit on 13-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
And how many "men of god" have preached against the very things they were practicing in secret? There are several in the 20th/21rst century alone. Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Eddie Long, and more. What the King wrote is proof of nothing.

Later, James fell in love with a poor young Scotsman named Robert Carr. "The king leans on his [Carr's] arm, pinches his cheeks, smooths his ruffled garment, and when he looks upon Carr, directs his speech to others." (Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in a letter, 1611) Carr eventually ended the relationship after which the king expressed his dissatisfaction in a letter to Carr, "I leave out of this reckoning your long creeping back and withdrawing yourself from lying in my chamber, notwithstanding my many hundred times earnest soliciting you to the contrary...Remember that (since I am king) all your being, except your breathing and soul, is from me."

James's sexual orientation was so widely known that Sir Walter Raleigh joked about it in public saying "King Elizabeth" had been succeeded by "Queen James." - Catherine D. Bowen, The Lion and the Throne

Link
edit on 8/13/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Those links will and are already surfacing and appearing..see the great link about Sir Walter Raleigh just above?

edit on 13-8-2015 by tony9802 because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

King James wrote a lot of Christian material for his son. If he was honest in his writings, then I doubt he was LGBTQRSTUVWXY&Z. That would be like an atheist righting books on theology.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

King James wrote a lot of Christian material for his son. If he was honest in his writings, then I doubt he was LGBTQRSTUVWXY&Z. That would be like an atheist righting books on theology.

And Jimmy Swaggart had a bible published with his name on the cover, yet we know for a fact what he did.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

That's the point I'm trying to make though..he can be a good honest god loving Christian, and still have amorous affection towards men..One does not undermine the other..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I suppose you're right. I don't know Jimmy Swaggart's heart anymore than King James' or any other man. Maybe he was a closet homo. Who knows? Everyone has skeletons in their closets. Even king David commited murder to commit adultery. Its about faith, not you're deeds.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are straight. I have friends who are openly gay Mormons, just for one example, and they are in good standing in their church. Someone could also be gay by night but straight by day... like Larry Craig, the Idaho Republican who got caught soliciting sex with another male in a bathroom stall at the airport.
edit on 13pmThu, 13 Aug 2015 22:00:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I guess thats true, but it doesn't change the fact that its a sin and a personal choice.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

According to the link www.gospelassemblyfree.com... James was also a sadistic torturer and coward, in fact hardly someone spiritual enough to rewrite the bible - unless he had a particular motive? He apparently did in that he loved power and believed in the divine right of kings.

One of his first acts was to commission his version of the bible as at that time, people like Shakespeare etc all used The Geneva Bible which the common people loved also as it had explanations written down the sides they could understand.

The Kling James bible politically established the King's 'divine' right to rule and totally dismissed his own behaviour as being biblically unlawful in that he was a renowned homosexual/bisexual.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I suppose you're right. I don't know Jimmy Swaggart's heart anymore than King James' or any other man. Maybe he was a closet homo. Who knows? Everyone has skeletons in their closets. Even king David commited murder to commit adultery. Its about faith, not you're deeds.

Does it really matter, any way?

If I believed in god and the bible, the explanation would be very simple. God can speak through a donkey, why can't he use a corrupt king to do his will?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Scientific studies on humans and other animals have concluded that being gay is not always a choice. As for it being a sin, it is a sin in the Bible. That would make it worth hiding during King James' time period. These days, the Bible is not the law.
edit on 13pmThu, 13 Aug 2015 22:05:39 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
James hardly rewrote the bible. He had the best of the best of his day translating and comparing previous translations. Doesn't mean he didn't have some input, but he certainly wasn't qualified himself.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Like all sins, homosexuality is an addiction. Science has shown nothing more than the fact that some are more susceptible to that addiction than others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join