It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Self-Delusion of Christians in Their Christianity: Let Us Count the Ways

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper......

The collective perception of those who read the Bible must now be elevated to a point at which the Bible is understood as the LIVING "roadmap" to the destination of the "Promised Land" that is the divinity within, which also includes the transcending of this entombing Matrix, the attainment of immortality, and the ascension to our rightful state as cosmic creators of individual and collective exponential reality. ......"

Fantastic - what a superb example of gobbledygook - sentence analysed::

Reading Ease

A higher score indicates easier readability; scores usually range between 0 and 100.

Readability Formula

Score

Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease -8.9

This score is usually 0-100, with low scores being difficult to understand - 0-30 is considered to require a university level education - and this sentence came out NEGATICVE!! (Negative scores are not unknown - apparently 1 particularly long and convoluted sentence in Moby Dick scores -161 or so!!)

Grade Levels

A grade level (based on the USA education system) is equivalent to the number of years of education a person has had. A score of around 10-12 is roughly the reading level on completion of high school. Text to be read by the general public should aim for a grade level of around 8.

Readability Formula

Grade

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 31.1
Gunning-Fog Score 35.8
Coleman-Liau Index 14.3
SMOG Index 22.2
Automated Readability Index 36.1
Average Grade Level 27.9

so most readability scores say you need 30 or so years of education to understand this.

I'd be surprised if the author actually understands what he wrote!!

edit on 18-8-2015 by Aloysius the Gaul because: add explanation of reading ease

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: TombEscaper......

The collective perception of those who read the Bible must now be elevated to a point at which the Bible is understood as the LIVING "roadmap" to the destination of the "Promised Land" that is the divinity within, which also includes the transcending of this entombing Matrix, the attainment of immortality, and the ascension to our rightful state as cosmic creators of individual and collective exponential reality. ......"

Fantastic - what a superb example of gobbledygook - sentence analysed::

Reading Ease

A higher score indicates easier readability; scores usually range between 0 and 100.

Readability Formula

Score

Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease -8.9

This score is usually 0-100, with low scores being difficult to understand - 0-30 is considered to require a university level education - and this sentence came out NEGATICVE!! (Negative scores are not unknown - apparently 1 particularly long and convoluted sentence in Moby Dick scores -161 or so!!)

Grade Levels

A grade level (based on the USA education system) is equivalent to the number of years of education a person has had. A score of around 10-12 is roughly the reading level on completion of high school. Text to be read by the general public should aim for a grade level of around 8.

Readability Formula

Grade

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 31.1
Gunning-Fog Score 35.8
Coleman-Liau Index 14.3
SMOG Index 22.2
Automated Readability Index 36.1
Average Grade Level 27.9

so most readability scores say you need 30 or so years of education to understand this.

I'd be surprised if the author actually understands what he wrote!!

And this is a superb example of avoiding pertinent content via a derailment method intended on devaluing the validity of what was put forth. But your labeling of it as "gobbledygook" does not accomplish this, my friend. I could even turn the tables and ask you to "prove" that it is "gobbledygook!"

I ask you - throughout history, how many unconventional postulations have been presented ("the earth is round") that have been called "gobbledygook" by those who have not yet taken the time to study and ponder upon what they are belittling, with those postulations later turning out to be proven true? The resistance to evolutionary progress that bypasses expected increments of advancement is one of the most ensnaring aspects of the Matrix entombment.

I do, however, enjoy the sentence analysis mechanism you shared, even if I disagree that what was said was difficult to grasp.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
[

And this is a superb example of avoiding pertinent content via a derailment method intended on devaluing the validity of what was put forth.

It is a superb example of me not having any comprehension about eth meaning of the sentence I noted.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

[

And this is a superb example of avoiding pertinent content via a derailment method intended on devaluing the validity of what was put forth.

It is a superb example of me not having any comprehension about eth meaning of the sentence I noted.

Let me rephrase: The Bible is TRUE whether or not anything in it ever really happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

That's certainly simpler and understandable, if not actually logical

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's certainly simpler and understandable, if not actually logical

It's not logical from a concrete perspective, but it is from an immaterial perspective. And now that I read it again, it has all the makings of an excellent topic title at some point. So I thank you for indirectly inspiring a future discussion.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, disagreeing with gay rights isn't technically persecution, but it is ignorant.

It is both ignorant AND persecution.
Back of the bus, you. This is the water fountain for regular people. You have to use the other one that's labeled "not us". We won't serve you at this lunch counter (bakery, pizza shop, etc).

Obviously let me state the sarcasm in my post.

Secondly, let me state that it is inhumane to deny someone services. Sarcasm not included in this comment.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm presuming that you do realize that agnostic literally means "without knowledge." That doesn't seem like something one would want to label themselves as, and it doesn't seem like an accurate classification of you from what I've encountered in these conversations.

Yes, I know that it means "without knowledge".

The FACT is that WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE - none of us do - how the universe got started, how many multiverses there are, if there is sentient life on other planets, how many 'dimensions' exist that we are unable to perceive - or any other number of things.
And so, we return to the basics:

If a thing is true, it is true FOR EVERYONE. Day and night...our planet faces the sun for a while, then turns away from it for a while. Year in and year out. True for everyone.

You have not proven that the Bible is the "word of God." Your stance is merely a matter of "opinion."

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I believe that the Bible is man's interpretation of the Divine Word of God.

Does that make any sense?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm presuming that you do realize that agnostic literally means "without knowledge." That doesn't seem like something one would want to label themselves as, and it doesn't seem like an accurate classification of you from what I've encountered in these conversations.

Yes, I know that it means "without knowledge".

The FACT is that WE DON'T KNOW FOR SURE - none of us do - how the universe got started, how many multiverses there are, if there is sentient life on other planets, how many 'dimensions' exist that we are unable to perceive - or any other number of things.

And so, we return to the basics:

If a thing is true, it is true FOR EVERYONE. Day and night...our planet faces the sun for a while, then turns away from it for a while. Year in and year out. True for everyone.

You have not proven that the Bible is the "word of God." Your stance is merely a matter of "opinion."

I understand what you are saying, and you are correct. This all brings us to the fact that we now exist in a tomb in which we all see different and conflicting things while all believing we are correct in our varying opinions, with no way of proving who or what is right or wrong. Does this not make it obvious that we are confined to a tomb?

ISIS believes they are right in their actions. Can you PROVE that they are not? Who is to say? You may then say "unjustly harming others is wrong and immoral," but can you PROVE it?

Fundamentalist Christians (and other religious peoples) believe it is immoral for two people of the same sex to have relations, while many others see no problem with it, and condemn those who do. It can just as easily be said to those who support same-sex relations to prove their view is correct as you wish to have it proven to you that the Bible is of transcendent authorship.

What is the baseline cause of every war that has ever occurred? One side believing they are right, and the other side believing they are right, with both disagreeing, and with no way to prove who is right or wrong. So, the killing begins.

Is this an existence you would like to continue in?

And so again, what the Bible actually and very IRONICALLY reveals is that as of now, THERE IS NO TRUE GOD. It is up to mankind to collectively awaken to this fact in order to manifest the desired God of the collective reality most beneficial for cosmic harmony. Without this occurring, there is little hope of any beneficial outcome for humanity. It will either be complete self-annihilation, or epochal soul-enslavement through infiltrating archons unleashed as a punitive recompense for the collective stubborness of a people who refuse to awaken.
edit on 19-8-2015 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Hello,

Are you referring to the composition of it, or to the reading of it?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

we all see different and conflicting things while all believing we are correct in our varying opinions, with no way of proving who or what is right or wrong. Does this not make it obvious that we are confined to a tomb?

Insofar as it is just like Plato's cave and shadows, yes. But that does not mean "The Bible" is true.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Hello,

Both, actually.

God is perfect.

Man isn't.

So when man interprets God's perfect message, he does so, earnestly, but with inherent flaws.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

god certainly isn't perfect - if he/she/it was then we wouldn't have this world full of evil - he/she/it would have created a system that doesn't need evil to work properly...whatever that means!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

god certainly isn't perfect - if he/she/it was then we wouldn't have this world full of evil - he/she/it would have created a system that doesn't need evil to work properly...whatever that means!!

God created man and threw in "free will".

It's our mess. Not His.

Of course, this is my own opinion on the matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

and my opinion is that if god exists AND is actually PERFECT then he/she/it could have created a system that includes free will and no evil........

not to do so tells me that any god isn't perfect.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

we all see different and conflicting things while all believing we are correct in our varying opinions, with no way of proving who or what is right or wrong. Does this not make it obvious that we are confined to a tomb?

Insofar as it is just like Plato's cave and shadows, yes. But that does not mean "The Bible" is true.

It actually does mean just that, because it reveals to us through parables and riddles how to escape the tomb. Sadly, Christians refuse to accept that they are entombed, and skeptics are deadset on rejecting the Bible, meaning that the obstinacy of both "sides" will very likely lead to a continuation (and worsening) of the entombment. As of now, mankind does not truly want to ascend to a new Reality, and is complacent to remain within the comfort of the womb. Whether or not this changes in the days ahead remains to be seen...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hello,

Both, actually.

God is perfect.

Man isn't.

So when man interprets God's perfect message, he does so, earnestly, but with inherent flaws.

That's an interesting take. It must be said, however, that the sovereignty of what we call "God" has orchestrated the Bible in such a way that even its mistakes and contradictions are divinely inspired riddles revealing the necessity of an awakening of mankind at this time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join