It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Requested Book with Tips on "How to Delete Something so it Stays Deleted"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This article is from Breitbart, which is naming ABC news as their source:

According to ABC News, the latest dump of Hillary Clinton’s emails released by the State Department reveals that the Democrat presidential frontrunner asked to borrow a book that contained tips on how to permanently delete your emails: The last batch of Hillary Clinton emails released by the State Department included one from Clinton asking to borrow a book called “Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better,” by David Shipley and Will Schwalbe. … Take, for example, Chapter Six: “The Email That Can Land You In Jail.” The chapter includes a section entitled “How to Delete Something So It Stays Deleted.”

Hope you got the tips you needed Hill. You are a shining star for all the young girls (and boys) who hope to make a difference one day... [end sarcasm]

While Secretary of State, Clinton violated government regulations by not only using a private email account for all of her government work, she also used a secret server stored in her New York home. Clinton then deleted more than 30,000 emails claiming they were all personal.

www.breitbart.com...

Funny enough, I wasn't able to find a source from ABC news...

The Daily Caller had similar information in this article: dailycaller.com...
edit on 13-8-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Regardless of the source, I think anyone with a little common sense could recognize that this person is SO far from what we should expect from our Commander in Chief, and that she has acted (again and again) in a negligent manner in the public positions she's already held.

NY Post - Hillarys Many Scandals
Washington Examiner - Scandals as Sec. of State

edit on 13-8-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Here's a link to CNN: Link

That being said, this is a great example of propaganda and taking things out of context for political purposes.

New reports reveal that Hillary Clinton requested a book with tips on how to fully delete emails as well as warnings about the possibility of a subpoena.

She asked to borrow the book. It did not say whether she asked to borrow it to learn how to delete emails, but implied that is the case. The book is about sending effective emails and etiquette, but the loons want you to believe she read it for the chapter on how to delete emails.

Pure propaganda.

ETA: Amazon description of the book:

Send—the classic guide to email for office and home—has become indispensable for readers navigating the impersonal, and at times overwhelming, world of electronic communication. Filled with real-life email success (and horror) stories and a wealth of useful and entertaining examples, Send dissects all the major minefields and pitfalls of email. It provides clear rules for constructing effective emails, for handheld etiquette, for handling the “emotional email,” and for navigating all of today’s hot-button issues. It offers essential strategies to help you both better manage the ever-increasing number of emails you receive and improve the ones you send. Send is now more than ever the essential book about email for businesspeople and professionals everywhere.

edit on 13-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

it doesnt look good though does it? in light of the situation she now finds herself in.

i think she should save herself any further embarassment and pull out of the running

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

it doesnt look good though does it? in light of the situation she now finds herself in.

No, it does not. But if we really want to take Clinton to task and hold her accountable, we cannot let propaganda like this distract us from real facts.

Do we really believe that this book is going to tell someone how to delete emails from a server that cannot be found by computer forensic software?

i think she should save herself any further embarassment and pull out of the running

I agree, but let's push facts, not propaganda.
edit on 13-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is like me buying "Alice in Wonderland" and someone saying I bought a manual on how to use a hookah.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Talk about grasping at straws. Suppose she went to the library & checked out a book on recipes with pressure cookers. Would people automatically claim she's a sympathizer for the Boston Marathon bombings too?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to attack or defend her. Instead, people keep pointing to petty stuff like this? It can't be healthy to obsess over dumb stuff like this. Just let it go.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't think posession of information wether it be on paper or in the mind is wrong in any way shape or form. However, the implementation of that knowledge in a negative manner, in this case deleting emails before, during, or after being investigated, especially if you are a public representative and/or hold political power is damaging to society and should not be taken lightly.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
For some reason I get the strange feeling this was "thrown" to the conservative media, knowing they'd go nuts over it...all in an attempt for the left to point and say, "Look at how crazy, rabid, and insane these people are getting -- this is a partisan witch hunt!"

And if ATS is any sample -- the reverse propaganda seems to be working. I'll be looking to see if any liberal media outlets start accusing the right of "going to far" and "witch hunting" because of this.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What does it matter...things are going to go where ever the money pushes it...it's like watching a bad movie...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I agree with introvert and enlightenedservant... this is REALLY grasping at straws.

It's coming from Breitbart though, so one could already assume....

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I agree with you that some of this is propaganda, and even that this is becoming a witch hunt. Unfortunately I regret to say I think there has to be serious outrage to be able to burn her with this one. She has done way worse and only gets bad publicity and a slap on the wrist. Accepting money from companies and foreign countries for favors from her old position, unacceptable. She was a front runner too so that has to be squashed immediately, and she needs some real punishment. No one is above the law and if anything public servants should be held to a higher degree.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree, but I think we take one step further back from holding them accountable when we push nonsense. As MM said, this just gives fuel to the fire for those that wish to deflect and minimizes their potential illegal actions.

We have to deal in facts. Not conjecture, not desires. But facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I wish that was the case, with politics it's a circus and I'm ashamed of it but with MSM the way it is its hard to achieve. After all, this may all be keeping people occupied while something more substantial slips under the radar.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
For some reason I get the strange feeling this was "thrown" to the conservative media, knowing they'd go nuts over it...all in an attempt for the left to point and say, "Look at how crazy, rabid, and insane these people are getting -- this is a partisan witch hunt!"

And if ATS is any sample -- the reverse propaganda seems to be working. I'll be looking to see if any liberal media outlets start accusing the right of "going to far" and "witch hunting" because of this.

It wouldn't matter if conservatives didn't make mountains out of every molehill. They could easily ignore this & focus on real issues they have against her. No one's forcing them to blow this out of proportion.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

This is like me buying "Alice in Wonderland" and someone saying I bought a manual on how to use a hookah.

State Department security is a bit more real than Alice in Wonderland.

But then again, with Hillary & Co. you never know for sure.

I think she forgot to read it a 2nd time.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm really starting to wonder now about all conservative media like Fox and Breitbart ...

I'm wondering if they're secretly liberal, and pushing outlandish stories with sensational headlines, in order to get conservatives up in arms over nonsensical and ridiculous crap. With stories like these, it just paints conservatives as backwards, reactionary, rabid and brainwashed propaganda drones.

It actually would be a smart tactic to reinforce a furthering to the right -- as most people fall somewhere in the middle. The more you can make you opponent seem radicalized, the more appealing your own party becomes.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's just another one to add to her collection, next to:

"How to Get Away With Perjury"
"Taking Bribes for Dummies"
and
"How to Make Your Past Seem Irrelevant: A testament to the attention span of the American voter."

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm really starting to wonder now about all conservative media like Fox and Breitbart ...

I'm wondering if they're secretly liberal, and pushing outlandish stories with sensational headlines, in order to get conservatives up in arms over nonsensical and ridiculous crap. With stories like these, it just paints conservatives as backwards, reactionary, rabid and brainwashed propaganda drones.

It actually would be a smart tactic to reinforce a furthering to the right -- as most people fall somewhere in the middle. The more you can make you opponent seem radicalized, the more appealing your own party becomes.

Or maybe their target audiences really are "backwards, reactionary, rabid and brainwashed propaganda drones". Not all conservatives listen to them or follow this line of dumb crap thinking. But it's also not a coincidence that the people spewing this crap become really famous & successful. It's because there's a large segment of the conservative base that loves this stuff.

Don't you remember how Republicans attacked President Obama over putting Dijon mustard on his hamburger after he'd just gotten elected? And don't you remember when the Republican crowd cheered & yelled "let him die" when Ron Paul was asked what he'd say to an American who needed health care but had chosen not to buy health insurance?

And surely you haven't forgotten Herman Cain's idiotic plans? Remember, Herman was the head of one of the regional Federal Reserve banks before he became the CEO of Godfathers Pizza. But if he talked like an intelligent man, the base would've ignored him. But surprise surprise, when he talked like a willfully ignorant jerk, they accepted him. Same goes for Ben Carson right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Controlled opposition works sometimes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join