It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old used as bait and raped during botched sting can sue Madison County school board

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
a reply to: Kali74

A 14 year old is perfectly capable of making rational choices when it comes to keeping themselves out of danger.

Know it all college students struggle with that as do many "adults" as evident by the actions taking place in the world. But if you say so I guess it's settled then

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Married to a beautiful Slavic woman for the past 6 years.

She still refuses `trahnut' v zhopu`.

I'm still trying

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Self preservation is a basic instinct.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Self preservation is a basic instinct.

S elf preservation may be , the ability to make good decisions to prevent being in that situation may not. Even when the ability is there the best decisions are not always made by adults let alone a 14 year old. Don't know parenting skills either, that can go along way. Plus an "authority" figure involved?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes, I concede that It can be difficult to avoid bad situations that arise from a series of bad decisions, however, she should have said "No" the moment the location changed. I am not attempting to defend anyone's actions. When I was 14 you couldn't pay me enough to do something dumb as #-`authority` figure or not.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

While us looking from the outside that seems like the best option. Don't know again her decision making capabilities, I'm sure adrenaline was going, the teacher aid , don't know what her parents are like either. I feel for the girl. I feel for anyone in this situation. Can't tell you the number of stories like this that could be prevented by a lady doing something as simple as keeping an eye on her drink at all times. What may be common sense to some just doesn't always happen for all. Decions and actions on part of an intended victim could go along way as could something such as chemical castration for perpetrators. Neither is reality, feel for the girl and hopefully some form of justice can take place in the courts, won't hold my breath. If we could eliminate bad decisions ...just wow

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I could be wrong but I think in every State, it doesn't matter the circumstances leading up to intercourse if one party says no before intercourse has taken place.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

No. They aren't.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: noxxen
if that was my daughter, the boy wouldnt be found alive

Put him in the trunk of your car and take him to "A Special" place.

I have good spot for my pool cue as well. You like rape girls mferr well how do you like this S###.

You are too nice, I would use a porcupine hooked to a chainsaw.

And if they try to claim mental issues lock them in a ward for life....assuming they get that far.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I could be wrong but I think in every State, it doesn't matter the circumstances leading up to intercourse if one party says no before intercourse has taken place.

That is correct. I'm through defending the guy as I never really wanted to in the first place, just trying to explain how a sane court system could throw this out or even find in favor of the guy.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I get it

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Hmm...come to think of it, it is quite a strange coincidence that sexual assault/predator sentences are so lenient. Me thinks to protect those at the top should they ever be caught maybe??

The worst of it is that sexual abusers of children receive even more lenient sentences than predators of adults do.

Again strange coewinkydink ain't it??

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I believe you might have a point. Though those at the top never do get caught. My thoughts go out to this girl. Family must be reeling.

Part of that is that they tow the party line for fear of the consequences. Think about it, who is easier to manipulate and control an honest good man or a man with skeletons so disgusting the general public would form angry mobs??

It is not really a hard concept to understand put absolutely vile people in charge then make them do thy bidding through blackmail and extortion. Oh you don't want to pass that bill lowering EPA standards, is that right well here Mr senator take a look at these photos. Any questions?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

A 14 year old is perfectly capable of making rational choices when it comes to keeping themselves out of danger.

Yeah that's what I thought when I took that first puff on a Newport...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was stunned by this until I saw it was Alabama. Now, I have a little bit of a different opinion. I have friends and family in Alabama and I spent a few months there. I have a little insight into that place.

There was no 'sting operation'. That girl was served up, probably to pay a debt, and the sting operation was the brilliant cover story they came up with.

These guys still haven't figured out the secret is to bang the rocks together. Believe me, this is high level thinking for that bunch...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Been in Alabama a long time and am not surprised by this. It isn't an Alabama thing, though. This is just more of the good ol' U.S. This country is a sh*thole and the pattern isn't changing.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It’s so nice to see the emotions on display in this thread. I came from an un-family like family, so my emotions are a bit off kilter. My friend had to inform me that it would be inappropriate for him to see his niece toppless. That hadn’t occurred to me.

I do know that girls who are messed with or raped when they are younger can have some ninja like issues. I’m sure there are ladies who aren’t hell bent on taking it out on the rest of the male population, but I’ve fallen in love with some who were. That hadn’t occurred to me.

The molester or rapist is not only violating a human being’s rights, he’s potentially creating another monster.

edit on 14-8-2015 by gentledissident because: used as bait?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

Thanks. As I suspected. "He told me to go to this other bathroom because others are around". Why did she go? It wasn't a part of the plan yet she went with it anyway? Why? I understand why the judge threw the case out. I'd hardly call what happened 'rape'.

Well the next time a guy asks you to go somewhere with him then sticks his d*ck in your a** instead you can let us all know if it feels like rape to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
BTW The complaints (which had been going on for a year) were for sexual harassment. Inappropriate talk, touching of the thigh, etc. They weren't expecting straight up sexual assault.

Second of all, I'm sure this girl was intimidated by this boy. She was certainly intimidated by the staff. She didn't really want to participate. The staff convinced her that if she went along with it they would finally have enough proof to 'put the kid away'. Yes, she's a teenager. Yes, almost an adult even. But it's really hard to stand up to coercion when you are that age, especially as a female. And (if I read the depositions correctly) this poor girl was going through all sorts of issues in her home life, so she was struggling to keep her head above water, she probably would have done anything for acceptance or praise (being the 'hero' that finally got rid of the nuisance).

Last but not least: OMG! If I never hear the phrase "I don't recall" again for the rest of my life I can die happy. It makes me so damn sick that it is THAT simple to get out of accusations. The teachers and the principal sounded like effing parrots throwing that phrase out. And what's really insane is that when that phrase is thrown out, whoever is doing the interview just leaves it at that. I've never seen a guilty person really get hammered with questioning after such a lame utterance. I mean seriously, it seems like you can get away with bloody murder with those 3 little words. Blech.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

well alabama age of consent is 16.. So at the very least this is statutory rape.

Was he 19 or older?

In Alabama no party can be under 16. Like I said though, it could be entrapment where you come to the court with the defense that you wouldn't have done it if you weren't encouraged to by the other party. Considering the entire case involves teachers convincing a girl to act as bait for the guy (Just how do you think she would bait him? She probably had to go up to him and initiate things) one can argue that the teachers were setting him up just so they could catch him. This would act as a defense to him being not guilty of the crime and can even lead to the case being thrown out of court before a verdict as was the case.

Merely affording someone the opportunity to commit a crime does NOT constitute entrapment. It doesn't matter what, if anything she did, said, wore, etc. Ultimately it was HIS decision to lure her to a less crowded bathroom and rape her. End of story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join