It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old used as bait and raped during botched sting can sue Madison County school board

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

well alabama age of consent is 16.. So at the very least this is statutory rape.

Was he 19 or older?

In Alabama no party can be under 16. Like I said though, it could be entrapment where you come to the court with the defense that you wouldn't have done it if you weren't encouraged to by the other party. Considering the entire case involves teachers convincing a girl to act as bait for the guy (Just how do you think she would bait him? She probably had to go up to him and initiate things) one can argue that the teachers were setting him up just so they could catch him. This would act as a defense to him being not guilty of the crime and can even lead to the case being thrown out of court before a verdict as was the case.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I can't see how the school has a leg to stand on.
They shredded evidence, including the files of the alleged rapist.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Oh man, if that was my kid, me and the other fellow would be playing "hide the hot sauce."

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another example of failed government and education.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How?
Does it ever get old making everything political?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

She was 14 years old! She was placed in a dangerous situation by adults that she likely trusted. How could she be expected to make a rational decision? She wasn't an undercover cop with extensive under cover training. Not to mention she said no in the bathroom, not to mention not being old enough to consent anyway.

How is this anything but rape?

This whole thing... holy f...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What the hell?

How does this even happen?
And is anyone at the school not the least worried about this sex offender just strolling around the halls?

Kid needs to be locked up.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

How?

Does it ever get old making everything political?

There's some validity to x's comment, but maybe not in the same way they intended it. (or maybe in exactly the same way?)

When public schools went to the current "Zero Tolerance" policies, they also assumed the right to act as "first responders" to matters which should be left entirely to real law enforcement professionals. The schools began to effectively punish students for violating an internal code of laws which they then pressured the actual legal system to consider as violations in a court setting. Example: kid doodles a gun, kid gets "apprehended" by school officials, "tried" by school officials, "punished" by school officials, and then the school officials demand a meeting between the kid, the kid's parents, and the police... or even a judge. It is eerily similar to the old "constables" in English law, who had absolutely no real authority except they served as "tattle tales" to the true legal system and, if you pissed them off, you could guarantee they'd ensure the court heard a version of events which put you behind bars.

The American education system needs to have their chain snapped back sharply and, if they don't quickly return to heel, choke them out until they do.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

If I were this childs father.

I fully agree and question why it got thrown out of the lower courts in the first place. Were police involved in any of the preparations fro the "sting"?

Having said that I think the parents are partly to blame for giving consent to this operation, so I don't think the father has any grounds to be angry at the school; unless the parents were unaware.

It is truly sad the way things turned up. Someone has to be accountable.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Isn't a "sting operation " a police action?
If so the teachers aid should be charged with impersonating a officer AND child endangerment.

I didnt look to much into it but I bet the boy was a star athlete,cover it up for the good of the school .Happens alot

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Nowhere did it say anything about contacting the parents. It sounds like the aid took matters into her own hands. The transcript reads like this all happened within a 20 minute span of time. WHY were the parents/guardians not informed of this?!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
How is this anything but rape?

This whole thing... holy f...

Basically (and I'm not a lawyer), his defense was that she propositioned him, and it was the teachers who pushed her into doing it. He can claim they put him in a situation where he broke the law when he otherwise wouldn't have. Police Officers deal with this sort of thing all the time. It's why on To Catch a Predator for example they get around it by leading the guy, and making the guy eventually suggest everything. If she came up to him and suggested it, he has a defense. That's likely why it was thrown out of court. When it comes to her saying no, where's the proof? She came up to him, they were in a secluded area. It's he said/she said.

I'm not trying to defend the guy btw, he was probably guilty. Just trying to explain why this isn't an open and shut case where we have a rapist to hang.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
To the two guys that don't think it ended as rape, because it doesn't sound right. The Medical Examiner said it was consistent with sodomy. If you got wives try that sometime. I know if I went to do that to my old lady, she wouldn"t be having any of it. Capiche?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That boys doesn't deserve death, lock him up in a cage without human contact and make sure he lives to he 100.

That school should get sued for everything they have, now i need to go visit my daughters cause i feel sick.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I, i don't know what to say.

i mean...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The American education system needs to have their chain snapped back sharply and, if they don't quickly return to heel, choke them out until they do.

Such a perfect metaphor.

People cede their rights to authority way too easily.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well knowledged perverts often prefer sodomy as the sentencing involved is usually more lenient than flat out rape. It happened to a friend of mine way back. Needless to say that "thing" got a well deserved beat down before it even came to trial. It is also the legally technical reason a man cannot be "raped" as it is defined legally as forced vaginal penetration.

Hmm...come to think of it, it is quite a strange coincidence that sexual assault/predator sentences are so lenient. Me thinks to protect those at the top should they ever be caught maybe??
edit on CDTThu, 13 Aug 2015 18:06:19 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago13-05:00Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:06:19 -050006 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Hmm...come to think of it, it is quite a strange coincidence that sexual assault/predator sentences are so lenient. Me thinks to protect those at the top should they ever be caught maybe??

The worst of it is that sexual abusers of children receive even more lenient sentences than predators of adults do.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

I believe you might have a point. Though those at the top never do get caught. My thoughts go out to this girl. Family must be reeling.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A 14 year old is perfectly capable of making rational choices when it comes to keeping themselves out of danger.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join