It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old used as bait and raped during botched sting can sue Madison County school board

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A 14 year old girl who was used as bait to try and catch an older boy in the act of raping her was raped by the boy because school officials lost track of her.

A teachers aid hatched the sting and They were suppose to go into a bathroom but the boy took her into a different bathroom and raped her while staff had lost track of her.

It seems like the staff and school board covered this up as best they could, even letting the boy back in the school. The original lawsuit was thrown out but now an appeals court is saying they can sue the school board.

he 14-year-old girl who was raped during a botched sting operation in a middle school bathroom in north Alabama five years ago can sue the Madison County school board in federal court for deliberate indifference to the educational opportunities of young girls.

"These are highly unique and extreme facts that will hopefully never again be repeated," wrote the appeals judges in a lengthy, complicated ruling on exactly who is liable for sending an eighth-grade girl to catch a serial sexual harasser in the act.

A teachers aide hatched the sting operation to catch the boy in the act. But teachers arrived too late. Medical records show the girl was anally raped. She withdrew from Sparkman Middle and the boy returned after a stint at the alternative school.

The resulting lawsuit against the board was thrown out by the lower court, and brought back to life today by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

www.al.com...

www.al.com...

Who in their right mind puts a 14 year old girl in that situation with an accused 16 year old boy, then loses track of her?

If it were my daughter that teachers aid would some explaining to do.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
if that was my daughter, the boy wouldnt be found alive
edit on 13-8-2015 by noxxen because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Oh brother there would be more than explaining, mother offing heads would roll. Thermo nuclear detonator style, I would own that school if there were even a school left.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: noxxen

Put him in the trunk of your car and take him to "A Special" place.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Jesus H Christ on a skateboard!
What in the actual eff was this school thinking?!?

And it took 5 years to decided that she had a right to do this?!

link   

It seems like the staff and school board covered this up as best they could, even letting the boy back in the school.

Yeah, I suppose the girl ought to be able to sue.

This goes beyond a botched sting. If it was just that it would be neglectful at least.
But this is truly criminal.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I have good spot for my pool cue as well. You like rape girls mferr well how do you like this S###.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I had to take a 5 minute time out before I replied to this thread....it absolutely threw me into a fit of rage. If I were this childs father....someone would die. I kid you not. I'd gladly do the time for it.

This is so far beyond common sense....what can you even say? How could anyone in their right mind think this was a good idea?

Who do these people at the school think they are? They are there to teach...not run "sting" operations.

As for the kid that did this....I'd lock him in the deepest, darkest hole I could find for the rest of his natural life.

I hope the family gets paid many multiples of a million for this...so they can get help for that poor girl. My heart breaks for her and her family....any fathers would.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Can a teacher aid, even have the legal grounds to set up a sting in the first place? Regardless of the case, I would imagine scenarios like that should always be noted to the proper authority first and foremost. It seems like they already knew this boy was going to rape her. The school should have taken disciplinary action before hand.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What the hell were they thinking? This is just stupid. I hope they lose their jobs for this.

link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: infolurker

I have good spot for my pool cue as well. You like rape girls mferr well how do you like this S###.

AJ bring the hatchet, I got the duct tape and stolen whip (car).

edit on CDTThu, 13 Aug 2015 13:55:01 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago13-05:00Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:55:01 -050055 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

link   
what gets me is that the article says.....the lower court threw the case out.....huh?....frikin' Alabama, I guess rape is just like toilet papering some guys house in that judicial district....good ole boys will be good ole boys

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It makes me sick to think what kind of parents this 16 year old must have if he is raping 6th graders.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

I had to take a 5 minute time out before I replied to this thread....it absolutely threw me into a fit of rage. If I were this childs father....someone would die. I kid you not. I'd gladly do the time for it.

This is a popular reaction but let me suggest a counterpoint. Your daughter wouldn't understand it, to her she would get raped and then she loses her father out of the deal. That's not justice, that's just amplifying tragedy.

This is so far beyond common sense....what can you even say? How could anyone in their right mind think this was a good idea?

This however I agree with. I'm not sure what the appropriate response is but this scenario never should have happened in the first place.

originally posted by: jimmyx
what gets me is that the article says.....the lower court threw the case out.....huh?....frikin' Alabama, I guess rape is just like toilet papering some guys house in that judicial district....good ole boys will be good ole boys

It probably had to do with the standard of proof.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This is just crazy!

The Teacher Aid, should be used in a sting operation, to find the worst rapist in a jail, and then the boy should be put in a cell with that rapist...
Well, hopefully someone will find a better solution than that, but i get angry when i read something like this

Hope the girl havent suffered to much because of this

edit on 13 8 2015 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Who in the # thought this was a good idea ? A damned teachers aid ? If the school or the aid were soo worried about this kid being a rapist, why wasn't the police notified ?

OMG, im sorry for the language but I have 3 daughters myself, and just from readin the O.P. I'm enraged. To the person who said they wouldn't find the boy alive, he wouldn't be the only body there... There'd be another with a name tag reading 'teacher's aid' on it.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time with this one....so did the conversation go something like this:

guy: "follow me into this bathroom, I'm going to rape you."

girl: "ok"

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

That line of thought sounds like you think the girl had some blame in this.

I am sure that is not what you mean tho..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
I'm having a hard time with this one....so did the conversation go something like this:

guy: "follow me into this bathroom, I'm going to rape you."

girl: "ok"

It might have gone a little like that. The guy says cmon lets go to this bathroom and the girl who thinks teachers are watching and is perfectly safe says ok lets go..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If that were my daughter that teacher's aide would be getting fitted for dentures.
I'm about ready to give up on this country, sending a 14 year old girl as bait to get raped reeks of insanity.
The fact that this happens fairly often at schools across the country is testament to our failures as parents (or in non-parenting, whichever applies)
Sad, maddening, disgusting - pick your emotion here.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join