It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature Lovers Outraged: Bear and Cubs That Killed Hiker to Be Put Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: abe froman

I know I wouldn't go anywhere without researching the local wildlife and be prepared.

And this is the mistake that many people do NOT do. I guess these whiners wanting to put the Bears down for this think that we should be able to roam freely in the wild without any worry or risk at all.

What happens if someone trips and falls down a cliff and dies? Should we bulldoze that cliff down? OMG that cliff murdered a human being! KILL IT! lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: imod02

This is how every living thing in the world acts when it eats something tasty. It will ((Drum-roll)) eat it again because it tasted good and it enjoyed it. This isn't some revelation here pertaining to JUST apex predators in the wild.

And who is to say that these Bears will attacks humans again anyway? Who is to say that they will even run into humans again for that matter? Perhaps enough time passes (years) before they even see a human again and will have forgotten all about this incident by that point. We do understand bears and their overall thinking on certain matters, but not everything. Especially when it comes to eating something new later on in life that has a years long+ gap between the time points.

I wish the world was the way you see it, but its not.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Do we know the bears killed him? maybe he had an accident, maybe it was something else and they found a free meal.
Would the evidence stand up in court that the bears did it?.

link   
It has nothing to do with revenge and everything to do with what the bear now believes is acceptable behavior. Im guessing the people that are claiming it's revenge have never been to a national park like Yellowstone.

This is pretty much a standard rule in National Parks and yet of the 5 trips I have taken to Yellowstone you always see idiots doing idiotic things...

People feeding a bear from their car..
Dumb tourists getting as close as they can to other animals to get a selfie.
People seeing how far they can walk on a thermal area..

It's a loss of life on two fronts but if you dont establish and enforce rules like this then it becomes even more dangerous for both human and animal life. The Backcountry is harsh enough and at a certain point humans are responsible for their own safety with making noise, hiking in groups and bear mace...All that being said, you know the risks when you do a BC hike and if you dont then you have exactly 0% right to be out there.

link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It's not revenge..the cubs have been imprinted for life...It's sad.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Bears have an amazing sense of smell and are quick to scavenge a meal or chase other predators off, so to be completely honest, your scenario is completely and totally plausible.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is the kind of crap that happens up here, i live in black bear country, its a rich ski resort that dosent even have garbage pick up, this year its been so dry that bears are coming down to town because the berries in the alpine didint get to grow.

It creates conflict and they tag the bears and if there caught more than once, they kill them.

Few weeks ago we had the ironman race in town, a famous mother bear got seperated from her cubs during the race she got aggressive and they had to put her down, man i hate humans so much.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So are we expecting that if we put the bear down it will set some kind of precedent in the bear community and they will know not to mess with us humans anymore??
edit on 13-8-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Sure is.

So if you come to my neighborhood and I attack and kill and eat you it would be your own fault for being in my neighborhood?

So are you just an animal like the bear?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Or will they learn revenge!!!.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I hate when crap like this happens. There's a tribe in africa where if you get eaten by a tiger, they shrug, they don't seek revenge, they accept that well, it's what tigers do.

Perhaps you meant "Lion" instead of tiger...

www.livescience.com...

But I agree with the idea. It's the wild. Wild things happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Let's say the bears do get a hunger for human flesh. Let's say like the great Man hunters of Africa they have a long successful life of killing people. So what?

There's billions of us, I'm not so species centric that, after all the damage we've done I give a crap about a insignificant number of dead humans. We're not the only thing that matters.

Honestly, let's cut the cord now.

Either we accept that animals exist and might kill us, or let's just kill all the predators now and get it over with. Cut the cord, stop pretending, let's just bulldoze and micromanage nature. Forget conservation entirely. What we're turning nature into is a joke half-assed version of what it once was anyway. We don't want nature to exist, we want a park we can pretend is nature to make ourselves feel better.

Honestly this is why I'm pro-domestication, because let's be honest, if we don't domesticate it as a pet or food, when we leave this rock, it's not coming with us.

The only evolutionary trait that matters to an animal in the far future is if they can cozy up to us enough.

So fine kill the bears, give up on nature, it's doomed anyway. We're micromanaging it into oblivion.

link   

originally posted by: charolais
So are we expecting that if we put the bear down it will set some kind of precedence in the bear community and they will know not to mess with us humans anymore??

Yeah, the Bears of the woods will call a meeting down by the ancient oak tree meeting spot and the elder Bears will tell all of the young'un's that humans aren't to be messed with anymore

link   
a reply to: charolais

No, the cubs..who are learning what to do in life from momma..learned it's pretty easy to take down a human and heck..not bad eatin..sorry for the gallows humor but it has been imprinted for life that we are a food source, where we are not typically on the menu.
Given the choice now between a soft pink thing or a moose with a rack or not even can cause serious damage to a bear..the bear might pick the easy kill.
edit on 13-8-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Naw it was tigers, may not have been africa, not sure, but was definitely tigers as the cat killed people in the water too, and loved water. I remember the documentary showing the tigers swimming in the water.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I am just wondering if people would rather have 3 GRIZZLY BEARS with a taste for humans running around freaking Yellowstone?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

If people are so scared of them, they can bring weapons and defend themselves. Like I said, we can either stop being hypocritical wusses, or we can stop lying to ourselves, cut the cord, and admit we don't give a crap anymore.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I am just wondering if people would rather have 3 GRIZZLY BEARS with a taste for humans running around freaking Yellowstone?

Might cut down on litter and pollution.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Might cut down on litter and pollution.

Good point, lol. Funny, but good point

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Forget Yogi, these bears eat the whole picnic, people and all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join