It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLC starts new campaign of historical cleansing "Erasing Hate"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Forget the future, forget about real issues and problems.
There's Confederate ghosts lurking about that must be exorcised!
Schools, roads, military camps - all manner of public things named for military figures who briefly fought for independence are now the targets for the SPLC who would like to see them all renamed in the name of "ending hate".
Seems to me more like they're stoking up hate, doesn't it look that way to you?

This is your history folks, your ancestors who are now the targets of the new hate inquisition.
History simply is what it is and we can either learn it and learn from it or forget it and just repeat the same mistakes over and over.
You think this movement will end if they just get rid of things about the Confederacy?
No, it's just the start and will spread to engulf our entire history from 1776 to present.
All of it will be judged unfit and cleansed away - the founding fathers? - slave owners, everyone connected to the genocide of Native Americans from the Plymouth colony to the Mormons in Utah, the railroad barons who used Chinese slave labor to connect the country, the imperialism overseas from the Philippines to Cuba to Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Confederacy is just the beginning folks.
The reason being to make people accept a One World Government they must first destroy everything that binds a nation together; it's borders and It's people (thus unlimited immigration), it's culture, customs and it's history
The SPLC is doing their little part in helping destroy the United States as we know it with their newest ploy in historical whitewashing.

This needs to stop here because if it doesn't it will sweep ALL our history away and with it the memory of the acts that created this country.
Europe is under a similar assault but some places there it is illegal to even criticize immigration policies.
Funny how unlimited immigration is a one-way street.
Not so funny once you realize it's all in the name of ruling the planet through a New World Order.

www.splcenter.org...

No one is forgetting history.... The question is, why are we glorifying a bunch of people who renounced there AMERICAN citizenship and killed thousands of US service members.

I will never understand how the same crew who claims to be patriots and "pro merika!"

Then sport the flag of arguably the most treasonous group in American history.

Conservatism is just full of blatant hypocracy...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: Monger

Just to be clear you're saying that arguing against removing all public traces of the Confederacy is denying someone their civil rights?
I don't know what else it could mean in context here.

No one wants to remove all trace, just actually tell the truth and stop glorifying traitors.

And yes if you renounce your citizenship and kill thousands of what were your fellow countrymen, your a traitor.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Speaking from a Brit. The US has little of it's own history as it is (compared to the grand scheme of things). Why eradicate evidence of the confederacy? They weren't exactly Nazi Germany.. People haven't demolished Auschwitz, people haven't destroyed evidence of what happened in Europe in the 1900's.
Nor have people destryoed or forgotten about the British empire and the slave taders we once were.. but people do move on.

Removal of thought is not the right way to move on.

I suspect that for those of you in the UK, its difficult to understand the background context against which efforts like these are written. To summarize, it's less about erasing history than it is about controlling the language used to define the problem. They point up statues and monuments as symbols of hate and racism. In doing that they make the first accusatory accusation and thereby Demonize the monuments, but as important, the Demonize the defenders of the monuments and statues.

Its hard to describe how this works in US Popular culture, but.....you have to understand that the Leftists have mastered the art of controlling language and the context in which its used. They've done that because of a peculiar "order" of things in the US. That peculiar order is that: If you are the first to make an Accusation.......the person or persons are immediately put in the place of defense/denier. So for example, if you're wife beats you senseless with a bat, then calls the cops and accuses YOU of beating HER, she wins. You're the vile wife beater unless and until you can prove it different.

So, in this case, they "define" the Statues, Plaques, Place Names and other monuments as "racist"; anyone who defends those objects as important historical significance is immediately branded a racist. There you are caught up in the "do-loop" of Doom because if you deny you're a racist, it only means your a racist, (especially if you're white), just as denying your a wife beater is the same as making the assertion that you ARE a wife beater......to deny is to confirm.

Things I'd personally comment on this: 1) They win, history loses.....Marxists always succeed at rewriting history, at least for a hundred years or so. That's because they control the schools and thus have ultimate control over the language. 2) Their success will be incremental and slow. So, SPLC has asserted the "definition"; there will be cries of outrage and then quietly behind the scenes, School boards will change School Names, City councils will quietly vote to remove the monuments and rename streets. Some monuments will simply disappear and the cops will come and say, "hmm...interesting, we'll file a report." And of course, the history books will be altered but the Parents won''t know it or understand it. 3) In the long run, it doesn't really matter for two reasons; a) the outrageously high rate of unregulated immigration means that US history will change to reflect the narrative of the immigrants and the SPLC will help them rewrite that history, then; b) the US system of governance and politics is so hopelessly broken, and corrupt that there are no "political" solutions to any problems. So...there's no political defense to this problem. To draw you a picture, the political situation means that in the ongoing schoolyard riot that is US popular culture, there are no "adults" in the space to offer any control or guidance. The system is entirely unhinged.

In short: the center will not hold.....because there is no center.

BTW: I've noted a sort of arrogant, smug "lets school the stupid Americans" attitude on the part of many ATS Brit members. I guess it reinforces their sense of superiority. But, beware the consequences for the UK. With the sea change occurring in the US, the "new" class of controllers have no historical context for the old "Anglo-American" alliance. In fact because they hate the "Anglo" part, they have only disdain for that alliance. So, while your Gov't cuts its "defence" budget and sells surplus military equipment, know that as you observe the Russian Bear bombers constantly testing your air "defences", you'll no longer be able to count on the US to help you when the going gets tough. The Che Guevara types have no interest in helping you Brits if there's a problem. Hell, this government just wrote Israel into a future of nuclear annihilation all the while saying....."if you like your Jerusalem, you can keep your Jerusalem".

Cheers
edit on 14-8-2015 by TonyS because: Context

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06
No one is forgetting history.... The question is, why are we glorifying a bunch of people who renounced there AMERICAN citizenship and killed thousands of US service members.

I will never understand how the same crew who claims to be patriots and "pro merika!"

Then sport the flag of arguably the most treasonous group in American history.

Conservatism is just full of blatant hypocracy...

The people who formed the Confederacy were just as "American" as anyone else. They did not renounce their citizenship but bid farewell to a controlling Federal government that placed an undue burden of taxation upon the states of the south. Many wanted to simply continue to use the US flag only with 11 stars. It boiled down to what rights the states had in the Union and the south was coming up with the short end of the stick due to very high (40%) tariff rates on imported goods. The south lacked manufacturing and all goods needed to be imported so to protect Northern manufacturing they imposed the high tariff making their goods more affordable than foreign made goods.

As new territories entered the Union as states the old balance of power swung in favor of the North who could now simply outvote the south on any issue they desired. It was Lincoln's campaign promises that decided for the south that they would leave the Union as he had plainly stated that he would collect those taxes and tariffs by force if necessary.

The Confederates are often called traitors but who betrayed who? They felt the North had betrayed the good faith bargaining required to hold the Union together. They left to preserve the rights they felt were guaranteed by the Constitution. Connecticut had threatened to secede the Union a few decades before the war so the idea was nothing new.
At the time no one thought the Union was to be eternal but only upon consensus of the governed.

Taxation without representation? The Colonists rebelled over a tiny 3% tax on tea - the South left over a 40% tax on imports.

This whole movement to have every public trace of the Confederacy erased is based on the premise of punishing those who protected the institution of slavery. The price for the evil of slavery was paid in blood and treasure. 1/2 the wealth of the United States was lost along with 600,000 mostly White lives. There is nothing left to punish is what I'm saying. The debt was paid and people of the time understood that.

The Civil War ended 150 years ago. The fact that certain groups like the SPLC are trying to stoke up those fires again should be troubling to all of us. It's over, the debt for slavery was paid and there is no reason we should remove and forget those who fought regardless of which side they took - they were all still Americans.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have a set of 40-year old top-of-the-line Encyclopedia Britannicas.

While information and history are being re-written and retold according to the current politically correct formula, I am treasuring these babies more and more.

At the rate we're going, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they start advocating the burning of any book that has the words "Dixie", "Confederacy", "Rebel", "General Robert E. Lee", and others because they are "offensive" to some idiots.
edit on 14-8-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Out of respect, I will not report your possession of "old" books to the authorities.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The progressive solution to everything.

Ban it.

How "enlightened".

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Out of respect, I will not report your possession of "old" books to the authorities.

ROFL... Well played sir..

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I have those too, the set that also came with the 2 piece dictionary set. Worth every penny.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm
Hummm. Revisionism is bad? what do you call the historians who research the Holocaust and find it to be unsupported by actual evidence? and reside in jail right now..in Germany? searching for ernst zundel will give you leads to do your own research.
The SPLC revels in the holocaust story and uses it as a club to beat anyone they deem an antiSemite.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkstar57
a reply to: deadcalm
Hummm. Revisionism is bad? what do you call the historians who research the Holocaust and find it to be unsupported by actual evidence? and reside in jail right now..in Germany? searching for ernst zundel will give you leads to do your own research.
The SPLC revels in the holocaust story and uses it as a club to beat anyone they deem an antiSemite.

Semite? As in shem, son of Noah? How many people are actually anti noahs son and who gets the power to say they are? Crazy

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Screw history-it is only written by the winners, or so we are lead to believe.

Look at the 'losers' such as Germany and Japan-the end of the war did those nations the world of good (Japan not so much lately) and people will buy a Mercedes or a Sony TV and still wag their fingers at both nations.

If we are going to call a spade a spade then why should the rest of the world buy American products because they are the first and only nation to use atomic weapons against another nation?

History is history and denying said history is a folly. What's done is done.

edit on 14-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks
I am not sure where you are coming from, but here is a bit definitional clarity. A Semite is one who speaks a semitic language. Arabic, the majority, then Hebrew, then Aramaic , the language of Christ (but note..Bibi debated Pope Francis recently on this..Bibi votes Hebrew) , Akadian, then several more. Remnant speakers of these languages are in Syria, now being destroyed.
So an anti semite is one who hates...Arabic! truly pathological..how do you hate a language? But everyone believes anti semite is irrational hatred of Jews. very strange, because i do not believe one must even speak Hebrew to be a Jew. So the actual use of the term has to be traced...and of course, it is a zionist creation. look it up.
Now here is a task for you. Was shem an arabic speaker???????

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that all these people who are so butt hurt over confederate flags don't have anything to say about the Democrat party. If we are going to erase anything that could be remotely racist, why is there still a Democrat party?

Let us not forget the KKK was nothing but the terrorist arm of the Democrat party. It was Democrats who were responsible for Jim Crow and segregation. In fact, it was much beloved Democrat President Woodrow Wilson who was one of the biggest racist ever who showed Birth of a Nation in the White House and re-segregated the federal government.

Of course, as a black man, I find this even more comical that blacks vote for Democrats 95% of the time. So the confederate flag is racist, yet some how we've forgotten which political party was the one with the fire hoses and dogs.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: darkstar57

Let's stay on the topic and not wander off in to discussion of religions please.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezzer's approach to everything...

Call it a progressive ban.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Beezzer's approach to everything...

Call it a progressive ban.

Comment on me? Typical.

Ignore the real issue and the bans? Priceless.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I already commented on those.

We're supposed to deny ignorance right?
edit on 8/14/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I already commented on those.

Good for you. HAve a cookie, or promote more draconian rule.

We're supposed to deny ignorance right?

Some are. Are you here to make sammiches?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What's draconian about privatizing confederate tributes? Take them out of public debate, everyone wins. Right?

I'll only make sandwiches if there's a good deal on rabbit meat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join