It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I saw when I was younger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I've not really shared any personal experiences on here yet but yesterdays perseid meteor shower reminded me of something that I saw when I was younger.
When I was around 8 - 10 years old me and my Grandad were in his back garden during the day and he had his binoculars out looking at an object in the sky, he called me over to use the binoculars to have a look at the object and he told me it was a satellite so I just took his word for it. Anyway, it was in the clouds and didn't appear to be moving and was quite large in size (much larger than a plane anyway) obviously my memory is slightly fuzzy as this is a memory from about a decade ago. The only way I can describe it was that it was definitely solid and metallic but unusually shaped (maybe a similar shape to a satellite or even the space station) and it certainly didn't appear to be moving at all, but as far as my knowledge goes satellites aren't in the clouds? Are there any other stationery objects level with the clouds that this could've been? (this was all in broad daylight btw)

Could be something and nothing just wanted to hear your thoughts..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Some type of balloon might be the most likely culprit.

What year are we talking about?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xalexandramoore

Thats all over the place. Like you said, your recollection is fuzzy. Who's isn't?

edit on 13-8-2015 by intrptr because: portion redacted

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Then why did dad say its a satellite?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais
Between like 2002-2005, doesn't exactly narrow it down, I know.
Can't imagine any balloon being larger than planes and made from metal.... a blimp maybe lol? at least balloons have a common shape (spherical)... this wasn't. Wish I had a photo or more information to help, I just wanted to see if there are any other metal structures it could be that I've overlooked maybe..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly.. He wouldn't have said "its a satellite" if it was clearly a basic object haha.. He genuinely believed it was a satellite, hmmm I'm puzzled
edit on 13-8-2015 by Xalexandramoore because: typo

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xalexandramoore

Exactly.. He wouldn't have said "its a satellite" if it was clearly a basic object haha.. He genuinely believed it was a satellite, hmmm I'm puzzled

Me too. Maybe he was just saying that to keep from frightening you, or didn't know what to call it?

You do allude to some shape, anything look familiar?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

When I picture it in my head, I dont see it as a disc like object how generally most people think they are, I see it as quick a thick object with lots of volume if that makes sense, something that doesn't look like an object that is even physically able to fly haha.

With that chart you sent within that link, I would say its along the lines of: 9C..

I just did a quick google image search to kind of show you a photo graph similar to what I saw,
www.ufo-secret.com...
Thats actually a pretty accurate photo showing what I saw to be honest, how strange lol..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xalexandramoore

Cool. so now were getting somewhere. During the day, it was metallic you say and not moving, and up in the clouds, not like something tethered, like a kite or sales balloon.

Pretty neat. Too bad you can't ask grandad today… he thought it was important enough to get binoculars and let you see it, though.

Maybe satellite was his word for something unknown? Do you remember seeing it leave?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Funnily enough ive just got off the phone with him I was hoping he could give me more details, I said to him "do you remember when I was younger and we was looking at that thing in the sky with your binoculars and you said it was a satellite, what was it?" And he said "it was a satellite" so i was like "well it cant be because satellites arent in cloud range" so he just basically was just like oh I dont know then (so he's still convinced it was a satelitte hahah), he did mention that it did have a shiny surface when the sun was on it though and when he mentioned that it did come back to me a bit.

And yes it was definitely during the day, blue skies, a few clouds and some sun now and again. I personally believe he said it was a satellite because that was the only logical shape he could think of to describe it and maybe under estimated how close it actually was..

And no it never left while we were there anyway, we looked at it for about 5-10 minutes just thinking it's cool and then just carried on with life haha, having known what I knew now thought I wouldn't have stopped looking and took many photos and videos!
edit on 13-8-2015 by Xalexandramoore because: typo.... again

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A weather balloon maybe?
Was it a odd shape?

top topics

join