It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or sleep paralysis? Mum's and uncle's story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
sorry not sure in what forum this tittle belongs

Personal story

When I was about 4 years old mum got visited by "grey". She woke up in middle of the night to something pulling her blanket and she woke up to an alien the way everyone describes them. Her mum was visiting at that time so mum woke up and ran to her screaming. Her mum called ambulance and mum underwent some treatment.

She was not getting better and kept on being terrified. They told her if she doesn't recover she will have to be admitted to mental hospital for seven months. Her mum lives in different country and she was a single mum so she pulled through so she doesn't have to give me up.

The next two incidences happen in the same year.

We were driving with mum and her partner when out of the blue she started screaming for "them" to let her be. She jumped out of a driving car. We couldn't "snap her out of it".

She was yelling on her behalf for them to get out of her mind but similtaniously basically spelling out what I know to be the multiverse and string theory now(this was 1999). She kept crying but her partner managed to calm her down and put her to bad. Mum recognized her partner but kept on creeping out looking at me saying I am one of them

Her partner's brother in law(? not sure if that is the correct term)

So we are all sitting at a dinner table. Chatting away and lets call him uncle of mine got a bit pissed and basically broke down in middle of the dinner. Talking about his army job and an underground army base in AU where he worked at and where their kept "them". I shouted out I don't believe in Aliens and he out of rage basically flipped the entire table at me.

Outside after dinner I said to him I still don't believe him and he slapped me across the face saying he doesn't care what I think (I was 13) and we basically never spoke again.

I still but can't help it questioning if the whole Alien thing has something to do with sleep paralysis. I only heared of people talking about creatures like Banshee or sacubas so why not aliens. I never looked into it as my mum always said just one thing: why would I lie to my own daughter but plus I saw the scene when she jumped out of the car.

But this time I have just typed it into google and yeah I am not the only one whos mind it crossed

TOKYO, July 5— About once a week, Jean-Christophe Terrillon wakes up and senses the presence of a threatening, evil being beside his bed. Terror ripples through him, and he tries to move or call out. But he is paralyzed, unable to raise an arm or make a sound. His ears ring, a weight presses down on his chest, and he has to struggle for breath. ''I feel an intense pressure in my head, as if it's going to explode,'' said Mr. Terrillon, a Canadian physicist doing research in Japan. Sometimes he finds himself transported upward and looking down on his body, or else sent hurtling through a long tunnel, and these episodes are terrifying even for a scientist like him who does not believe that evil spirits go around haunting people. Called sleep paralysis, this disorder -- the result of a disconnect between brain and body as a person is on the fringe of sleep -- is turning out to be increasingly common, affecting nearly half of all people at least once. Moreover, a growing number of scholars believe that sleep paralysis may help explain many ancient reports of attacks by witches and modern claims of abduction by space aliens.

www.nytimes.com...

Point is I want to believe in more but at the end of the day we are only human.. Will see maybe someone will read this and you can tell me what you think.

I am on my phone will spell check after posting to the best of my knowledge
edit on 13-8-2015 by Layaly because: I think that's it?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
First you told your uncle-dude-man-guy you don't "believe in aliens". Then, after dinner, you told him you "still don't believe 'him'". What was it he said that you do not, or did not at the time, believe? That he worked at an underground base in AU where they keep aliens? Can you remember anything else more specific about what he said? Like what they are doing to, or with, them there? Any reason why the aliens are here?

Thank you for sharing. This sounds like a wild story, especially with you supposedly being "one of them". There are a lot of stories out there about women being impregnated by "them". Maybe you are part alien, or maybe they just used genetic material (sperm) from a specific human, or altered dna to proliferate specific charteristics they wish to introduce to the world? In what ways, if any, are you different (physically, mentally, emotionally or other) from "average" people, that you or others have noticed about you?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So we are all sitting at a dinner table. Chatting away and lets call him uncle of mine got a bit pissed and basically broke down in middle of the dinner. Talking about his army job and an underground army base in AU where he worked at and where their kept "them". I shouted out I don't believe in Aliens and he out of rage basically flipped the entire table at me.
a reply to: Layaly

I would have liked to hear more about what he had to say. Your mom being visited at night and jumping out of a moving car and claiming she sees aliens, would be enough for me to ask him to expand on the subject.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Maybe Your uncle-dude-man-guy is one of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Hello sorry with the time difference I already had night.

It was 16 years ago. What I remember sounded like a crashed UFO and dead aliens.. from his story.
but that is just from my memory. I do wish I knew more.

Thank you so much for reading

The uncle.. I am not from AU and spoke medium English at 13. mum spoke in Slovak to me during her what ever it was
edit on 14-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No I am no different I promise.

She was laying in bed looked me directly into my eyes and screemed for her partner for help to get me away from her.

will never forget how terrified she was.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There are allot of topics about this like, a recently one here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also a just released movie is out about this:

I think your mum experienced something similar yes but she got a sever overreaction it seems to me. Maybe it should help her knowing many many people have experienced something similar.

I'm not sure what it is, could be just a trick of the mind.. but it seems more real then a dream for sure where you can experience pain, and some even hear sounds/voices.

When I had this encounter with this black/grey figure I never was really scared. The most frighting thing I experienced was probably that I felt 2 hands trying to choke me and the hard pushing on my body parts which hurted (where you can't move (sleep paralyze). And this black figure mostly gets very close like just coming near your face. My dog could see this presence as well I'm sure, where his hairs would go up and he would look somewhere in the middle of the room where he would growl, showing his teeth but scared on same time.

But I do wonder if this phenomena is on the rise, seems you hear it more and more.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

wow

thank you so much for sharing..

did you ever wonder if these entities are real?

she never had any other experience. doctors and her mum (she was around 24 years of age when the 'gray' visited) thought she was under severe stress but she said she fell in love at a time a couldn't be happier.

I will read through the things you have attached

Hope it is more about your personal experience. So intriguing

Oh wait I see you are new to the forum
thank you for sharing

I wished I knew more about your personal story

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

oh wow the thread is something
thank you for digging it all out for me and sharing.. very kind of you

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I started reading about out of body experienced and how to do it.
The trick is getting your mind 'survive' the moment you fall asleep is best to describe it.
Who knows everyone experience this every night but their conscious is shut down normally. I could just get out of my body and then I sometimes saw this black figure. You can go where you want btw, you just hover above your body (and again this is perhaps always the case when sleeping but not being aware of) and you can go where you want. Myself never went far, didn't dared doing it. Many say they go to other cities! or even in space, as far as they want..
So about if these entities are real, well it pressed sometimes very hard on my body (like really hard) where it starts to hurt and those 2 hands on my throat felt real for me for sure.
Who knows it's a spirit world? Those black figures doesn't seem to have a solid figure, just like my own 'outer body'. When you get out you still have a body but your real body is still sleeping... is that real? real enough..

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

oh god what a reply

interesting sooo intriguing

I feel honored

I really hope you get around saying more on this topic

I just had shivers

EDIT: sorry for being excited from what canbe labeled as someone said in private to me : disturbing experience

I should be more sensitive sorry

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm sure if you try you can have such experiences yourself as well.
Just concentrate/think about it before sleeping. Often you get a 'ringing/electric'' sound right in your ears/head when you get close. It's just like trying to get a coin spinning, you get better when you practice it.
It may look very scary but just remember you have control really, if you want.. you can snap out of it and go back in your body and wake up pretty fast.

I'm not new but have problems with my old account/email btw.

But again maybe it's just a trick of the mind.

Kinda like this:

It's like the perception of you is going / drifting somewhere else but still knowing your real body is laying in bed.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
But having said that this grey/black figure is still odd yes.
Maybe this figure is yourself but still as I said before, dogs seems to notice this figure as well.

In the end it doesn't make much sense. I said you can have such experiences if you want. Lately I haven't been in the mood trying... but sure would like to travel far away, just for the experience.

Look at ytube, soo many video's about this:
example:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

so many things just came to mind

oh I went total nutcase just then

The dog noticing that is utterly bizzare

what about any ghost stories

I have almost 11pm will go through the videos in morning.. upfront thank you so much

I really really like your story

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
When I was about nine, I remember waking up paralyzed with a heavy weight on my chest. I was conscious, looked through the doorway of my bedroom and saw a lady I've never seen before. Then I was in a dream sequence, riding my bike up a familiar street in my neighborhood, it felt like I was "approaching light", then I woke up, kept shouting into the hallway for my mom, I swear I heard her calling me, as soon as I got up I noticed that she was still sleeping in her bed.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

and nothing since then?

how is your sleep this days

I stopped breathing in my sleep twice the whole thing was just super bizarre
I was basically rescued by this "lady"

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I usually sleep for 10 hours straight, just fine... I was probably more in touch with the "spirit world" when I was a kid, being more sensitive, that's probably why it happened back then. I don't know what the entity was, but i'm sure it was hiding it's true form.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I am trying the astral projection

I know it happened like 4 times spontaneously but I reached only the door thinking I am having a heart attack, shouting for an ambulance, my body because uncontrollable I passed out and woke up in bed

to be able to astral travel is one of my secret wishes

or with another person would be even cooler

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
double
edit on 17-8-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It sounds as if your mother may have had a psychotic break. A single occurrence could be attributed to sleep paralysis, but it sounds as if she struggled with her grip on reality for a while. I mean no offense as well, just putting it out there. I am not a doctor by the way...so there is that.

I have experienced sleep paralysis myself, and it was quite frightening at the time. I awoke several times to what seemed like people whispering. I assumed it was my parents at the time and would fall back asleep. Finally I awoke to the sounds of someone tapping on my window right next to my bed. My arms and legs where, from what I imagined, rigged, fully extended, and unmovable. I couldn't move or make a sound, although there was some ominous, unseen figure tapping at my bedroom window. In a final show of defiance and with all my might I raised my middle finger to the mysterious knocker outside my window, to show that I would not be taken so easily. Suddenly the sounds stopped and I immediately sat straight up in my bed, fully awake.

I now believe I was simply stuck, between the dream and wake state. Unable to move but able to sense my surroundings. Once I forced bodily movement my entire body knew what to do and I regained full consciousness. Although I don't believe in such things, it does kind of make you wonder what "creatures" may be lurking between dreams and waking. I didn't really associate the unseen thing outside my window with aliens, just some being poking fun at me.

edit on 17-8-2015 by VekTorVik because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join